Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
What can I put on my 6 year old that still wets at night?

My daughter is still wetting at night. She just turned 6 and is around 50 pounds. She has had times when she is dry, but overall still wets a little at night. It isn't always a lot, just a little.

I would like to explore my options of something that I can put on her at night for bedwetter pants. We use Motherease products a lot and they have bedwetter pants, but they are around $30! I see they also have some training pants that would fit her and are around $13. I wonder if the training pants would be enough since she doesn't wet a lot? Or I have doublers I could add in for more absorbancy.

I would like to keep the cost as low as possible on these. I would like to hear any suggestions, and please no flaming or discussion as to why she still is wetting the bed. That is not what I am asking for here...just thoughts on something she can wear at night until she outgrows this.

Advertisement

Old 09-21-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
Winkydinks
Registered Users
Formerly: jswinks
seller

My Mood:
Re: What can I put on my 6 year old that still wets at night?

I would try the trainers! Depending on how much it really is, what about thick underwear (like trainers) with a fleece cover? My son wasn't quite as old, but we used thirsties stuffable AIOs and those worked well. Not sure if they'd be big enough though...
Winkydinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:53 PM   #3
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Snap-EZ makes stuffable trainers and even makes adult diapers so I know they definately would have something that would fit your daughter.

Their youth small size fits tummy- 21-25in, thigh 13-16in, and rise 20in, (the rise is measured over a stuffed diaper). They have other sizes too but they aren't by weight so wasn't sure which measurements to include but youth small seemed like it might be about right.
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:58 PM   #4
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for your thoughts mommas.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:28 PM   #5
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m&m View Post
Snap-EZ makes stuffable trainers and even makes adult diapers so I know they definately would have something that would fit your daughter.

Their youth small size fits tummy- 21-25in, thigh 13-16in, and rise 20in, (the rise is measured over a stuffed diaper). They have other sizes too but they aren't by weight so wasn't sure which measurements to include but youth small seemed like it might be about right.
I second the Snap-ez. They run pretty big. My almost 4 year old wears the 2T. My 5 year old nephew (he weighs 40 lbs) wears the 3T with extra snaps on the tightest setting.

HTH
Old 09-22-2010, 05:06 AM   #6
larsencass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just ordered a superundies nighttime diaper for my 4 year old. Haven't got them yet but I'm hopeing they work.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:11 AM   #7
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I say give the trainers a try too. If she is only wetting a little this may be enough and if it isn't than try the doublers in there too.
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:21 AM   #8
KarenCmomto4
Registered Users

You could certainly try the trainers. A long time ago I discussed this with Erika (the founder of ME) and asked the same thing about the training pants. She said that with a doubler it might work if the child was really only wetting lightly but since it's not what they're designed for there's not really any guarantee that they'll work. For what it's worth, I have loved loved loved my ME training pants though, very well made.

Also check the ME buy/sell forum, you might find some used bedwetter pants there...

Karen.
KarenCmomto4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #9
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenCmomto4 View Post
You could certainly try the trainers. A long time ago I discussed this with Erika (the founder of ME) and asked the same thing about the training pants. She said that with a doubler it might work if the child was really only wetting lightly but since it's not what they're designed for there's not really any guarantee that they'll work. For what it's worth, I have loved loved loved my ME training pants though, very well made.

Also check the ME buy/sell forum, you might find some used bedwetter pants there...

Karen.
Thanks for that info, Karen. I will look into those some more. I don't quite understand the price difference in the 2

I will look at the Snap-ez also and see what they offer. I really appreciate the thoughts. My poor little girl get so embarassed. She doesn't want anyone to know. I feel badly for her....I just let her know that this happens and she will outgrown it.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:22 PM   #10
momof8
Registered Users
Formerly: Meesiejean
seller

www.giggle-britches.com Large SuperUndies I use the med on my 3.5 yr old and they are WONDERFUL!!!
momof8 is offline   Reply With Quote