Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-05-2007, 09:56 AM   #1
honeybunmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Does your AP'd child have a lovey?

DD is 16 mos and does not have a lovey. There is nothing she cannot leave the house without. The only thing she demands are my earlobes! I still sit in the back seat with her and I have to lean over so she can rub my earlobe while she sucks her thumb. I think *I'm* her lovey! I wonder if it's because she's so attached. And, although I am a WOHM, I did stay home for the first 6 mos and wore her regularly (still do), co-slept until 14 mos and still nurse. Anyone else's AP'd child use you for his/her "lovey"?

Elisa

Advertisement

Old 03-05-2007, 09:58 AM   #2
ashleynjacy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does your AP'd child have a lovey?

umm YES! I AM her lovey! I can't even be in a different room...lol...
Old 03-05-2007, 10:00 AM   #3
spathakis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

same here
My 20 month old daughter does not have an object she can't do with out
but i don't think she can do without me or her dad
we are her lovely
spathakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:05 AM   #4
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nope, but he does "need" his pacer to fall asleep sometimes. We have a rule that it doesn't come out of the bedroom though.

And while he's extremely affectionate, he's usually pretty independent as well - he falls asleep without me every night (even though we co-sleep) and I can usually leave a room without him getting upset.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:05 AM   #5
amjbmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well I consider all my dc AP'd but my older 2 do have their special "blankies" now that they're older they don't need to bring them with them (they're 8 and 6) but they still do sleep with them... in fact my dh (33) has his blankie still from when he was a kid and he does sleep with it (it was his grandpa's blanket so it's special to him) but my ds#2 doesn't have one. He does have "his" blanket but he could care less where it is
Old 03-05-2007, 10:10 AM   #6
HLCreations
Registered Users
Formerly: diapermamaagain
seller

My Mood:

My *almost* 3 year old still needs mama to sleep~Like the OP she *has* to have access to my earlobes!
I'm wondering if this rooted from her nursing and playing with the other nipple?
We weaned shortly after age 2 (and then got preggers). And she was all about my nipples until I had to push her away because they were so sensitive. Now it's my ear lobe!
Or Daddy's! (He also told her no more playing with Daddy's nipples! LOL!)
Old 03-05-2007, 10:15 AM   #7
honeybunmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diapermamaagain View Post
My *almost* 3 year old still needs mama to sleep~Like the OP she *has* to have access to my earlobes!
I'm wondering if this rooted from her nursing and playing with the other nipple?
We weaned shortly after age 2 (and then got preggers). And she was all about my nipples until I had to push her away because they were so sensitive. Now it's my ear lobe!
Or Daddy's! (He also told her no more playing with Daddy's nipples! LOL!)
That's too funny! I told her "no twiddling!" from the get-go. She wanted my belly button for a while, too, but I don't like that feeling either. She'll rub dh's ear lobe, too. In fact, our Christmas card pic has her sitting on his back, leaning forward with her thumb in her mouth and the other hand rubbing his earlobe! And I'm laughing so hard I look like my face is going to crack (I hate that pic of me). The picture really captured our family well, so, off it went!

Elisa
Old 03-05-2007, 10:43 AM   #8
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

My ds's are very attached to me (ya know, want to be in the same room, must be able to see me, etc)...but ds2 moreso than ds1. Ds1 developed a "need" for a blankie around 18-24 months I think. It got really intense (carrying it around everywhere, freaking out if it's not in sight), but has really calmed down now. He just turned 3 in January and just asks for it/goes to get it if he's going to be sitting for awhile and wants to cover up...because, his "lovey" or blankie is a giant fleece blanket..lol
Old 03-05-2007, 11:00 AM   #9
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

My DDs are VERY attatched to me, but they do have their loveys too! They both have a special blanket.
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:29 AM   #10
kangamom
Registered Users
seller

My oldest dd is almost 7 and she has a blankie she still can't ever leave behind. I even had to give it a face lift recently by making it into the middle of a quilt- but I had to leave one side open for her to rub as she falls asleep. But she didnt adopt that until she was really around 2 or so. My other kids don't.
kangamom is offline   Reply With Quote