Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-05-2007, 11:40 AM   #11
ocfb16
Children will forget your presents. They will always remember your presence.
seller

Re: Does your AP'd child have a lovey?

My dd has a special bunny. I have no idea how or why she became attached but she did. But she wants to sit in my lap and have me hold her while she holds her bunny.

Advertisement

Old 03-05-2007, 11:46 AM   #12
Menfusse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My oldest was a thumb baby and still sucks it to go to sleep. Though I didn't get to wear her like I would've liked, because she just wouldn't have it. She just isn't a snuggly kind of kid and really needed her space. My youngest would live in my armpit if I let her. But she still has a blankey and a paci that we can't leave the house without.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #13
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD is an AP baby, and is in the process of getting attached to a lovey (lol).

Its a satin and cotton blanket, very small. She has to have it to fall asleep. She rubs it all over her face to drift off to sleep. So far she doesnt care if we go out without it, though.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:53 AM   #14
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller

My Mood:

I wasn't quite as AP with my two year old when he was a baby and yes, he does have a Lovey and a Paci. We can not leave home without his "baby"

I am my 9 month olds Lovey. I tried to get him to take a doll we found and a bear and a bunch of different stuff, but I guess the AP is working because I am all he wants! LOL!

He has both his baby's here as we have two "just in case" And how he is holding the one near his face is how he always holds his baby. His thumb is holding the tag in back. He normally will put it up to his face when he is tired or upset.

Here's how he normally holds it: I think it's cute!

Last edited by Bugaboo Bottoms; 03-05-2007 at 11:59 AM.
Bugaboo Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:01 PM   #15
Radish4ever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 22 month old has 2 identical loveys.... but we ONLY let her have them at nap and night time.. we don't leave the house with anything~
Radish4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:04 PM   #16
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I encouraged my son to have a lovey actually. I think it's good for kids, that way if I can't be with him for some reason, he's got something else he's comfortable with to help him through the seperation (should there be one). He has a blanket he loves. He only "needs" it when he sleeps, but we take it everywhere. I think it's sweet.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:16 PM   #17
mommysews
Registered Users

My Mood:

I tried to get both of my girls to take a lovey so they could have a comfort item when I am not available, but no go. DD1 loves stuffed animals, but not any particular one and DD2 is the same with baby dolls. They just never connected to any one item. It would be easier if they would, but all they really want for comfort is mama. If I am here that is no problem, but other times, they just have to make do.

Ann
mommysews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:15 PM   #18
triscuitsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am Tobias' lovey too...

He's pretty attached
Old 03-06-2007, 10:09 AM   #19
honeybunmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommysews View Post
I tried to get both of my girls to take a lovey so they could have a comfort item when I am not available, but no go. DD1 loves stuffed animals, but not any particular one and DD2 is the same with baby dolls. They just never connected to any one item. It would be easier if they would, but all they really want for comfort is mama. If I am here that is no problem, but other times, they just have to make do.

Ann
Yes! I can't tell you how many dolls and stuffed animals Coco has (not a crazy amount, but a lot IMO not to be attached to any of them). I put 3 in her crib to no avail.

This morning when I put her down after getting her out of her crib she just lost it. Fell to the floor and screamed. Could I please get ready for work? Anyway, guess I was successful AP'ing her despite being a WOHM! Although I do wonder if she would have begun sleeping through the night earlier had I not worked. She literally just started last Thursday at 16 mos and 1 day.

Elisa
Old 03-06-2007, 11:59 AM   #20
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer23 View Post
I encouraged my son to have a lovey actually. I think it's good for kids, that way if I can't be with him for some reason, he's got something else he's comfortable with to help him through the seperation (should there be one). He has a blanket he loves. He only "needs" it when he sleeps, but we take it everywhere. I think it's sweet.

This is what my ped suggested, to try to keep DD from waking every 3 hrs. for me. Really, I think she could care less about them but she does fall asleep fastest when I drape her playsilk over her face--she'll rub it on her head a bit. We have this for her: http://www.bamababiesandbirthdays.com/soothys_doll.htm but the head is as firm as a rubber ball so I've been working on a lovey doll that has all the good parts of this--long satin arms and body to drape over her face, w/ a Waldorf head (not hard, and much less creepy looking than a blank face, IMO) and a long minkee hat w/ a knot for teething...maybe a teething ring, too, but can't figure out how to get it off when she's done w/ it, yet make it babyproof in the meantime... Anyhoo, I'm all for trying to get DD to attach to something other than me. SHe's still wanting to nurse at midnight and 3am--I get up for work at 6. I have no doubts she'll stay wonderfully attached to me during the day.
We're trying to bring a lovey w/ her wherever she goes, but she's not attached per se...