Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2007, 04:42 PM   #21
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does your AP'd child have a lovey?

Kearnan never had a lovey. He has a few stuffed animals that he likes, and sometimes they go on outings with us, but nothing he can't live without. He did have an odd attachment to my wedding ring for a while. He would stroke it constantly, especially when nervous. Also the face of my watch.

Tharen is another story. At first he didn't get attached to anything, even though I tried to find something for him. Nothing clicked until this guy showed up http://new.photos.yahoo.com/iris0110...04226895024/35 Now he and Tharen are inseperable. They go everywhere together. Fox is not exactly what I would have picked for Tharen for a lovey. He is so soft and nice, but he has this ball filled with gel inside him and I am always in fear that he will get busted. Though he seems pretty tough. He is also surface washable only. Not good for a lovey. But it is that gel I think that makes him so loveable. He has some really great weight to him. When you cuddle him he seems almost alive, and you definately know he is there. Kearnan has a squirel just like him that he is also quite fond of, though not nearly the same attachment. We just ordered a new fox just in case something happens to this one.

Advertisement

iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:50 PM   #22
Dawnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

None of my kids have had a lovey they had to have all the time. The whole concept just puzzles me. My husband's friends all think it's weird...but then they put their kids in a crib to cry without them for hours until they emotionally detach from their parents and have to have *something* to be their *thing* that is always there for them. I think it's sad that some kids have to have a dirty old rag or doll/animal because they can't count on their parents. Flame me, but it's how I feel.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:57 PM   #23
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dawnn I do agree, but this thread is about AP'd kiddos with loveys. Ds2 has me 24/7, quite literally he sleeps in my lap at naptime and next to me at bedtime. But he still found himself a lovey. Not really sure why. Ds1 was the same way and didn't have one. I think it may be their personalities. Also ds1 was far more attached to the paci than ds2 is. He had to have it if he wasn't on the breast, ds2 could take it or leave it most of the time.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:20 PM   #24
MyLil'Mountaineers
Registered Users
Formerly: my2sons
seller

My 4yo has to have a blankie, a puppy, a stuffed Nemo, and me to fall asleep. My 17mo has to have a puppy, 2 tie blankies, and a monkey to fall asleep. He has to be rockeduntil he's almost asleep

I don't think it's sad that a child attaches him/herself to a thing. Actually it's a good thing. It shows that a child is able to love and show affection to something other than his/her parents. Now, to use it in place of a parents comfort is wrong but there is absolutely nothing wrong with a child having a lovey.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:48 PM   #25
AmyEm
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Neither one of my kids have/had a lovey. I guess I am their lovey lol!
Old 03-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #26
BeedieWeedieB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have been and still am the lovey for both of them, although the 3 year old loves al over his dog too when we are home, we adopted her just after he turned 1 and she slept under his crib/bed since night one.

heidi
Old 03-06-2007, 07:54 PM   #27
my2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My 3 1/2 yr old only wants his mommy, I sleep in his twin bed EVERY night with him, we even take a potty brake together in the middle of the night.
My 2 yr old on the other hand is obsessed with a dolphin from sea world, he calls him/her "stuffy" and basically lays on it, hugs it, kisses it ALL the time. He will cry if I try to put him down for a nap or to bed without stuffy.
Ive included some pics, kinda cute ( my husband tells him to stop making out with the damn thing. LOL )

Old 03-06-2007, 08:03 PM   #28
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

All 3 of mine had something they become attached to but only when they go to bed.. My first two had special blankets and #3 has a bear she can't sleep without.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:07 PM   #29
somersocial
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just me for both dd's!
Old 03-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #30
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OMG the pic with the dolphin is just tooo cute. I love that. It's funny Tharen has his fox who he can't do a thing without, but the thing that puts him to sleep super fast is this giant hefalump from the Disney store that he got for Christmas. I have to sing to him for an hour to get him to sleep, but if dh lays him next to the hefalump while i am brushing my teeth by the time I get to bed he is sound asleep on top of it. I always say that those hefalumps are tricky beasts.