Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2007, 11:18 AM   #21
cking_74
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What age do your boys PL?

my oldest was 30 months when he PL'ed day and night except he would ask for a diaper to poop in for about 6 months he was afraid to sit on the potty. Now my youngest went for 3 weeks in undies with maybe 2 or 3 accidents a week when he was 30 months but as soon as his big brother left for school he went back to diapers he just turned 3 two weeks ago and still does not want to go in the potty but he has been taking his diapers off because they are soggy so maybe it will happen soon.

Advertisement

cking_74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:26 PM   #22
mom_of_3g_1b
Registered Users
seller

My son was just over 2.5. My MIL had him most of that summer and against my wishes she decided to PT him. Well it didn't work but she continued to bug us about it once the girls were born. I asked her how she went about it and quickly learned why she failed. She hauled him to the bathroom every 20 minutes and made him pee. After 1/2 of a day of hell I just told him that he knew how to use the potty, he knew where it was and he it was his job to no make a mess on the floor. There were accidents but it went really quickly. He's 4 now and has no problems during the day.

He is no where near night ready. Either he'll pee soon after falling asleep or shortly before he wakes. We tried my MIL's advice again on waking him before we went to bed to make him pee and he screamed and cried because we woke him. I told her this and she said, "Well he'll get over it" I'm not worrying about it. I had night wetting issues so I don't expect him to be any different.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:53 PM   #23
Sweetforestcat
Registered Users
seller

My oldest son was at least age 4 before he even remotely tried to pottylearn. He was not night trained either until age 9 at the earliest.

My DD was age 3 1/2 when she started doing well on the potty. no problems at night with her at all.

My current 28-month-old has no interest except occasionally sitting on his potty but nothing consistent yet. It has also been too cold here to do too much yet.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:54 PM   #24
JackieLyn
feeling festive
seller

My Mood:

my ods was 25 months when he pl'ed...he was just ready...my yds is showing interest and can stay dry all night...and he'll sit on the potty but doesn't go...i even had ods sit on the potty and show me and he seemed enthused to try...but nothing
Old 03-06-2007, 02:52 PM   #25
ummabbaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh I'm sooo, relieved. I thought I was a slacker. DS is 25 months. I tried doing it before. But with #2 here. I've just been exhausted. I need to start a new thread for HOW moms/dads potty trained. I know he's ready. I'm hoping to have him using the potty like a big boy by 3 or earlier, i hope
Old 03-06-2007, 04:23 PM   #26
sammy21901
Registered Users
seller

My ds was three years nine months! Right after he turned three, we moved and had twins. We decided that was stress enough for him and he could pl when he wanted. He did it all in one day, nights and all. I'm sure family members made fun of us, but there was no way I was taking care of my newborn twins and fighting him over the potty. Too much stress!

Relax, he sounds normal to me!
sammy21901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:36 PM   #27
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think three to three and a half is about average for boys. Really active boys can go later though. Four is totally within the range of normal. I don't know why people freak out about it so much. Now I will admit that ds1 is just finally fully trained, and he is 5.5. But he is also on the autism spectrum and it took him a very long time to understand why he should want to use the potty. Finally bribery won out and he has been peeing on the potty since January and we finally figured out the poopy thing. But he probably would have trained way back at 2.5 had it not been for all of the other stuff. That is when he was physically ready. Unfortunately there is a social aspect to pottying that he just couldn't get. I think ds2 will probably be ready on the early side as he is already showing signs of interest. But seeing as how he is a very active little boy if he is still in diapers at three I will not be shocked.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:40 PM   #28
rainbowbrite812
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

charlie was fully day trained between memorial day & his bday at the end of june.

max is only 18 mos and there is absolutely no interest there except sitting on the potty like a chair.

10% off code for Oliver's Labels, perfect for back to school! use code KBPG0808
rainbowbrite812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:47 PM   #29
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

My son will be 3 in May and has no interest in the potty. When he starts going to the bathroom I ask him if he wants to sit on the potty and he says no and runs down the hall.....Im trying daily but dont want to push him!

ETA: DD is 14months and when she is about to go to the bathroom or just finished she will come tell me by saying "Ughhh" and patting her diaper, lol
Old 03-06-2007, 04:53 PM   #30
sienna
Registered Users

nak
3 but took about 6n months to be peepee reliable.
S
sienna is offline   Reply With Quote