Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-05-2007, 10:15 AM   #1
mississippimommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
AF while breastfeeding questions

I got my first AF when my daughter was 7 months, this past December. Very light, barely there. Had it for about 5 days...this was around 12/10. Then didn't get it again until the end of January. So it was like I was getting it every month and a half. Well now I STILL haven't gotten it since. Is it normal once you get it back for it to be SO irregular?

Advertisement

mississippimommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:19 AM   #2
honeybunmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: AF while breastfeeding questions

Well, I was pretty much like clock work before being preggers and am back to clock work again. AF came back for me at around 7 mos, too. DD is still nursing and she's 16 mos, now. It has varied a bit, but only by a couple of days, I did not skip a month once it returned.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:22 AM   #3
moparop
Registered Users

My DS is 11 months and AF still hasn't come back. With DS #1, it took 9 months to return and was very irregular.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:26 AM   #4
mississippimommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
My DS is 11 months and AF still hasn't come back. With DS #1, it took 9 months to return and was very irregular.
Thank god I'm not the only one! Even though we've been careful using condoms I still in the back of my mind think AM I PREGO?????
Old 03-08-2007, 12:52 AM   #5
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With my first I got AF back right away (I mean 4 weeks postpartum...life is so unfair!) and it was like clockwork till I got pregnant again. This time, when ds was about 3 months old, I had a couple of days of spotting and thought AF was coming back but it never got any worse. A few weeks later, same thing. That happened off and on with no regularity for a while. Sometimes it lasted one day, sometimes a week, sometimes it was 3-4 weeks apart, sometimes 6-8. Last month, I got a full-fledged AF and there was no doubt that it was back, 4 weeks later, same thing. So maybe if what you've been having was really light, maybe it's not the real thing quite yet? When the spotting first started, I called my MW and she said that sometimes the lining in your uterus will start to shed just a little before your cycle really starts back 100%. So maybe you've got a little more of a reprieve...or maybe...
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:15 PM   #6
joy7s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was so interested in this because with DD #1 I didn't get af till I fed her solids. (about 7 months) Now with DD #2, I am not sure if it's "full blown" af or just "spotting" I've been bf exclusivly, so I'm confused. I couldn't find any info about this on the web. Has anyone else found anything?
Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
my three princesses: a (6/26/04) s (9/15/06) and Z (8/5/08)
and little man Z (11/12/10)
joy7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:21 PM   #7
MichaelsMommy
Registered Users
seller

I got af back after 5 months but it wasn't regular right away. Everyone is different and every time is different. I do know ladies who would spot some and then see nothing for 2 1/2 months.
Jillian , loving wife to Michael (lll), mommy to Michael (lV) , Brianna and expecting #3 in September
MichaelsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:30 PM   #8
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

Last baby it was irregullar. This time, I will have to let you know as I JUST finsihed fist pp AF...
Old 03-08-2007, 03:28 PM   #9
srexrode
Registered Users
seller

AF has returned as soon as 3mos pp. So far she hasn't returned this time, and my son is 10mo. After I had my first, it has been much more regular after returning. (Kind of a blessing since it used to be between 20 and 25 days and very heavy and long. It's been longer between and not as long and heavy.)
I had one period after the return of them after my first baby. Then I did get pg!
Old 03-08-2007, 04:28 PM   #10
mississippimommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoster2000 View Post
With my first I got AF back right away (I mean 4 weeks postpartum...life is so unfair!) and it was like clockwork till I got pregnant again. This time, when ds was about 3 months old, I had a couple of days of spotting and thought AF was coming back but it never got any worse. A few weeks later, same thing. That happened off and on with no regularity for a while. Sometimes it lasted one day, sometimes a week, sometimes it was 3-4 weeks apart, sometimes 6-8. Last month, I got a full-fledged AF and there was no doubt that it was back, 4 weeks later, same thing. So maybe if what you've been having was really light, maybe it's not the real thing quite yet? When the spotting first started, I called my MW and she said that sometimes the lining in your uterus will start to shed just a little before your cycle really starts back 100%. So maybe you've got a little more of a reprieve...or maybe...
Well the first AF was mostly spotting but the 2nd AF was the real thing...lol YUCK!!!

I'M STILL PATIENTLY WAITING....but just DYING to use my Mama Pads that I bought the middle of January and haven't gotten to use yet!!!!!