Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2010, 05:31 AM   #1
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Basically, it's Thursday....right?

Cause I'm so sleep stupified I'm not sure!

We are the basic mamas. We have a love of basic diapers, but mostly talk about everything else. We love and support each other, and welcome newbies to join in on the fun.

Advertisement

Old 09-23-2010, 05:38 AM   #2
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically, it's Thursday....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcrouse View Post

Why does my DH insist on getting up at 3am?! He was downstairs by 3:30, and out the door by 4. He drives less than 15 minutes to the train station, to catch I'm sure what must be the first train, and gets to work before 5am. I just don't get it? He can't leave any earlier in the evening because he gets there early. He is always complaining about being exhausted! I really don't understand!? The only explanation is that he hates it here so much that he leaves as early as possible and comes home as late as possible, or he is going somewhere else.
Sorry, but now I have been woken up by his annoying banging through the house in the middle of the night, and can't go back to sleep!!

Anyway, rant over!

Janine-I wasn't on when you were, but I'm thinking about you!
Steph, I'm guessing since your DH is in the same line of work as mine, he has to do extra hours anyway and it's easier to do them in the mornings since 1) he's up anyway and 2) he can do it without the 3,567,970 interruptions because no one else is there. The alternative is working late nights and missing the family, which is what my DH does, and I can tell you it sucks.

I had a rough night, can you tell? Both youngers up for an hour coughing, not at the same time. Of course now that they are upright they are fine. I just can't keep them elevated while sleeping. Ugh.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:45 AM   #3
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning Cheryl!

E had a relatively good night last night. Only woke up once, and then was up for the day at 6:35, which is fine because the alarm was set for 6:45. His lunch is made, he's dressed, and now he's trying to finish up his oatmeal for breakfast before we have to go outside for the bus. He's having kind of a slow morning this morning.

and to Janine! I hope everything is going well for you mama!

Steph, I can understand going in to work early so that he doesn't have to stay too late at night, but being at work before 5am really doesn't make very much sense to me. Even going in an hour later than that seems like it would be plenty of extra time, and still allow him to avoid the "rush" on the commuter train, and would allow him an extra hour of sleep? It just doesn't seem like it allows him a very good quality of life, yk? Have you asked him about it?
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:59 AM   #4
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Cheryl and Mel!

Ok, kiddos ready to go to school! I have been dropping A off for "Pass AM", which is a morning studying/tutoring opportunity run by a teacher and some older students. I hope it is beneficial! She has been working on Math. There is a big test on Friday, along with a Spanish test!

I neeeeeeed to go to the grocery store! I plan to go after I get A dropped off, have some breakfast for myself, and feed B his second breakfast.
I really need to do a quick menu/meal plan and list first!!

DH won't leave the office earlier than 5:00, has to walk to the train (a few blocks), ride it, then sit in a bit of traffic to get home from the train station. His evening commute takes an hour, but he claims it is more stress free than driving. Because he can tune out and read or listen to his iPod. He has started working out before work, at the office gym. So he gets up, showers, fixes his hair , puts on his workout clothes, fixes coffee, uses the computer to check the weather and who knows what else, and then leaves. At work he uses the gym, showers again, dresses and then goes to the caf for coffee and a scone before starting his work day. I have gotten emails from him timed as early as 5:30am! I mean, yeah, not really necessary imo.
I think I will suggest that he start working out in the afternoon again, since he can't leave early, and then he could just ride the train in his casual clothes.

Last edited by stephcrouse; 09-23-2010 at 06:31 AM.
stephcrouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:12 AM   #5
mom2sadieandbean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning Cheryl and Mel! We're up here for school as well!

Trying to decide if it's still raining and if Sadie should be driven to school. Julia has eaten and now we need to get the girls ready.
mom2sadieandbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:12 AM   #6
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

morning all.

I get up at 5 Steph but 3 is INSANE!

Chicken legs and veggies in the crockpot with stock and some other stuff that sounded good
diaper bag packed
lunch bag for Jerry and MH packed
laundry folded

now to get myself clean, dressed, fed, and out the door in 45 minutes

Morning Mel

Sorry for the rough night Cheryl.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:20 AM   #7
maman08
Registered Users
seller

on the rough night, Cheryl, I feel your pain. Jet lag with a 2.5 year old is a *%^$#! DS1 has been up every night since we got here last Wednesday, the two best nights (Monday and Tuesday) it took less than half an hour to get him back to sleep with minimal crying. The two worst nights (Saturday and Sunday) it took 3.5 hours, and he screamed the.entire.time. Last night he was up at 1 and screamed hysterically for about half an hour before going back to sleep. Add to that DS2 decided he NEEDED to nurse every two hours last night (instead of the 3 and sometimes 4 hour stretches he has been doing) and I am one tired mama!

The good news is that Amman seems like it's going to be a great place to live, our apartment is nice, and the city has a lot more amenities than Ankara had. Today, for instance, we spent the morning at the Children's Museum with a friend of mine and her boys. DS1 had a blast, and I loved getting out and getting a break from entertaining DS1 without most of his toys!

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:23 AM   #8
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh, Steph, is the gym even open when he gets there? That's stupid early. But lawyers are stupid, anyway .

I'm a little annoyed with my DH too. He used to get up and out of the house by 6am 3x a week, also to go to the gym, and lately he's been slacking. So he's all in our business and messing up the routines. Not that I'm not glad he's spending time with them, just wish he wouldn't mess with my flow. Then he leaves like 15 minutes before we do to drop Rosie off. Which really chaps my hide for some reason. I know it's not reasonable for him to take her to school, he wouldn't get to work until 9am by the time he got out of the carpool line, but it's still annoying.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:25 AM   #9
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aw, Heidi, that sucks. All that change and travel is so hard on them at that age. Which makes it a nightmare for you. On top of babycare. Yikes. He will bounce back, it just takes time. I'd rather my kids duke it out at home at bedtime then out in public any day.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:25 AM   #10
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aw, Heidi, that sucks. All that change and travel is so hard on them at that age. Which makes it a nightmare for you. On top of babycare. Yikes. He will bounce back, it just takes time. I'd rather my kids duke it out at home at bedtime then out in public any day.