Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-23-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
Registered Users
Question Launder/CD differently in the winter?

I've just cd'ed in the summer. Well, starting in the spring (March). I did notice that as it got more hot and humid, I had a bit more trouble with ammonia. And dd got a little pinker when it's hot out, even with wool.

I'm hoping that winter will be a nice break from that. That maybe sensitivity and ammonia trouble will improve. Thankfully we've never experienced diaper rash, but there have been a couple near-rash redness.

I'm mostly hoping she'll do better in PUL in the winter than summer. That way we can use it under her winter pants. Right now she can't be in PUL longer than an hour or two without getting pink.

Mom to ds (8) and dd (3/25/10)
Join me on swagbucks and earn free Amazon gift cards!
carmoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
Badonkadonk Knits
Registered Users
Formerly: mikeandtiff
Re: Launder/CD differently in the winter?

In my opinion PUL is pretty hot. My first son would always get a sweaty bum in the summer or winter, didn't matter. We changed to natural fabrics and wool and haven't looked back since.

Regardless of what type of diaper, in the summer I had to wash more often to keep stinkies in the diaper bag down. In the winter, I can go for 3 days before washing. Other than that the only change is that I line dry in the summer.
[SIZE="1"]Tiffany - Became a mama to 2 boys through IVF and adoption ('06 & '10)! Our August '09 baby rests in heaven.
Badonkadonk Knits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

we also had to wash more frequently during the summer. we also try to go coverless with just a snappi'd prefold or fitted as much as possible on hot days.
luvcheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:10 PM   #4
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome

a lot of people switch to pockets in the winter time because little butts can handle the pul and it's easy under lots of layers and snowsuits. but then again, a lot of people do prefolds or flats under wool because longies are nice to keep baby warm and toasty. it's usually one or the other. summer usually means coverless fitteds and pinned prefolds. winter means pul and woolies with prefolds or flats snappi'ed.
3rockstars is offline   Reply With Quote