Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-23-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
Registered Users
could bac-out CREATE stink?

I've never really had stinkies, only once when experimenting with the amount of detergent and I used too little. I rewashed with more Tide and no smell.

I got some bac-out last week and decided to use it on a few poopy diapers yesterday. DS is either teething or sick (or both), because these were especially yucky dipes. I sprayed them as usual, getting 99% off, then sprayed with bac-out. This was 2 diapers yesterday morning and I started washing when I got up today, so they were only in the pail 24 hours.

I've now done 4 wash cycles with detergent, 1 with bleach and there's STILL that faint shadow of poop. It's not a stain, but actual poop. And they smell. And I can't get it out. I figured rewashing would help, but like I said, I've done 4 cycles and I can still see and smell it. They're definitely not clean. The only thing different in my routine is the bac-out. Could that be causing the stink? Any ideas to fix it besides just keep washing? All the dipes smell faintly barnyardish, but the 2 BG AIOs are the worst and the Bottombumpers are just a little stinky. HELP!

proud wife to my soldier and mama to C (age 6) W (age 4) & H (age 2)
CWHmama is offline   Reply With Quote