Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-24-2010, 02:52 AM   #1
LindsLuvsSi
Registered Users
seller

Angry diaper rash

AGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH I am seriously sick of this!!!!!!!!! I thought the stripping would work/help, but NO!!!! I put him in his cloth and BAM rash instantly!!!! I don't freaking get it!! I tried everything (stripping with dishsoap, oxyclean, tons and tons of hot water, adding Calgon to the load as we have hard water here in the UK, tried like 5 different detergents, tried vinegar in the rinse, nothing worked, he still gets a rash every single time!!!!)...we never had this problem before when we were living in the states, so this is sooo frustrating, especially since I tried everything, all the things that supposedly work and aren't working for us at all!!

DS is 20 months, isn't teething, hasn't eaten anything new/different he eats the same foods- he's particular, he drinks goats milk as dairy upsets his tummy. I feel so bad for him with these painful rashes, he screams and cries anytime he wears a cloth. I hate to see him in pain and with a rash...

What do I do now??? i'm thinking it's sposies

(I'm afraid that baby #2 is going to have the same issue and I don't want to deal with a nasty/painful rash with a newborn!)

anyone else in the UK have this issue????

Advertisement

Old 09-24-2010, 04:09 AM   #2
swingkid1975
Registered Users

Re: diaper rash

What about trying a fleece liner for a stay dry effect?
Old 09-24-2010, 05:04 AM   #3
MelodyMom
Registered Users

Have you checked to see if the rash is yeast?
MelodyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:58 AM   #4
LindsLuvsSi
Registered Users
seller

No luck with the fleece either....or any natural/organic fiber diapers...so I'm pretty sure it has to be something with the washing...either the hard water not getting soft enough or allergic to the detergent or something. As his diapers smell of ammonia badly. (don't have access to RLR here, but may ask my mom to bring me some and try that)

At first I thought it may have been yeast, tried antifungal cream but that didn't work only putting him in sposies with diaper rash cream makes his rash go away in about 2 days. Which is why I'm thinking it's a chemical burn/rash...

here's a pic

How would I know the difference of yeast vs. chemical burn? And if it was yeast what would I do?
Old 09-24-2010, 07:04 AM   #5
sept
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i think yeast is slightly raised and has a texture to it. i could be wrong though.

if it's clearing up with a sposie and diaper cream, i don't think it would be yeast. it does sound like it's something with the washing, especially since the dipes smell like amonia. sounds, to me, like they're not getting clean enough. do you have a sanitary setting on your washer? alternately, have you tried a little bit of bleach?
i haven't posted up here in forever because i built a pretty good stash and didn't need anything else. now my kids are potty trained in the day. i'm keeping most of my night stash and selling the rest. iso nothing, sorry.
sept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:01 AM   #6
LindsLuvsSi
Registered Users
seller

I don't think I have a sanitary setting on our washer....what would a sanitary washer setting consist of? we have 12 different settings....from whites, colors, sports, shoes, wool, curtains, silk, etc.

we don't have any bleach on hand

I ordered some RLR from the states and will try that when it gets here....

I've heard of people here in the uk using soda crystals in the wash?!?