Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-24-2010, 09:30 PM   #291
vmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Its a Basic Friday

Jenn, I feel ya on the weight. I just love hopping on the scale at the MD's office I don't fit in any of my clothes, I don't want to go out....it's miserable. But...I going to lose weight!!

Advertisement

Old 09-24-2010, 09:31 PM   #292
niftysmith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah. He's already interested in pulling himself up, but only sometimes. He hasn't pulled himself up yet, but he's tried. I joke that he'll walk before he sits himself up. He can sit up on his own, but he can't sit himself up from a crawling position. The pediatrician was SO surprised that he was crawling, etc. and said he might be an early walker, too.

I was born with hip dysplasia and didn't walk until I was 13-14 months. My MIL says DH "walked" while holding onto objects at 7-8 months but didn't let go and walk unassisted until he was a year old. He crawled early, too.

Elisha will walk out of sheer curiosity, if you ask me. He's got such an inquisitive, strong spirit. It's cute but hard.

I need to exercise. I think I eat well enough (though nursing makes me hungry 24-7). I sit on my butt all day at work and on my butt at home. I guess things will change when Eli becomes a toddler ... but it would be better for my health if I made it around the block.

freelance graphic designer open for business - my portfolio | my etsy
niftysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:33 PM   #293
mom2sadieandbean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Caught up from today, but not yesterday

Recovery is going well here - not all that sore, except for when I majorly change positions like sitting up, laying down, or rolling over. I think the girls are going to be heartbroken when I go back to work on Monday.

MIL is still here - she's got Mt. Washmore just about finished (just what's hiding upstairs that she doesn't know about left - I'll get that tackled after she goes home) - sorted, folded, and ready for me to finish putting away. She's even matching up little kids socks for me. My MIL is great. She doesn't do cloth diapers, but has no problems with sposies so I'm ok with all that she's done - help with cooking and dishes too

Got the big girls to the dentist today. Sadie is required to have a dental exam as part of head start, and both girls did great. We took them to a peds dentist since I have quite a bit of residual anxiety about going to the dentist and I don't want that for them. No problems so far (I had lots of decay as a child, even with proper care.) which is great. I hope that continues - for their sake. I have a feeling that Julia will need braces because of a strong overbite and receding jawline, but my orthodontist visits didn't intimidate me the way my dental visits still do.

This afternoon, I got the implanon birth control inserted. It has a progestin (like the minipill), but is inserted subcutaneously and is good for 3 years. Pros - good for 3 years, no effect on milk supply, very low failure rate. Cons - OMG my arm is so bruised and sore, and I hate needles. We were advised to use a barrier method for about a week, but if I want it out before the 3 years is up I'm likely fertile almost immediately. I can feel it so I'll always know that it's there, but the removal could leave a scar. She warned me it would bruise, but I have to admit I wasn't expecting that it would bruise more than my gall bladder incisions or be this painful. Oh well, it's staying put unless it doesn't quit hurting because I won't be in this kind of pain for 3 years!

Tomorrow - gymnastics and Julia's 3 month pictures
Sunday - Sunday school (may skip out on church)
Monday - post op checkup and back to work

My hospital room was a double-occupancy room, but I think they are rarely full enough to require putting two people in a room. It did have two televisions, but I don't remember much of what was on that day. I know it was on most of the time I was in there. I remember being wheeled into the operating room and climbing onto the table. They were talking to me and already starting the general anesthesia as I was getting situated. The next thing I remember is being in my room - I have no memory of the recovery room at all! The last time I went under a general, I remember the recovery room somewhat, but this time nothing.
mom2sadieandbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #294
niftysmith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh—I hear E waking up on the monitor. Must be night snack time. Good night, mamas.

freelance graphic designer open for business - my portfolio | my etsy
niftysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:38 PM   #295
mom2sadieandbean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

MIL has lost weight since being here, and DH says his clothes are fitting better since he's walking almost 8 blocks to take Sadie to school 4 days a week.

Becky, I'd love some of your fabric, but no paypal here either

My kids don't gain weight quickly either. I think Sadie was 15-16 pounds at a year, and Mia was almost 20 at a year. Sadie is right about 30 now and Mia around 25. I'm 4'10" and the kids just seem to take after me more than 6' 260 pound DH.

Sadie walked at 13 months - about the same time she cut her first tooth.

Mia was walking well before she turned 11 months.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #296
mom2sadieandbean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Girls are all fast asleep in their own beds. DH is asleep in our bed, and MIL is in the guest bed. She bugged me to get some sleep when she turned off her light, but I'm still sitting here 20 minutes later .

We sent Amelia to bed around 8:15? because she couldn't sit still to watch our movie - Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue. DH rocked Julia to sleep while we all watched the movie. When we sent Sadie to bed at the end, she came back out saying Mia was in her bed! I think she's ready to be in a big girl bed, but we kind of want to wait until there's money in the checking account so she can pick out her new sheets like Sadie got to. Maybe next weekend. I tried to convince Sadie that there was enough room for both of them (there is! since they are both tiny), but DH ended moving Mia back into her toddler bed. She looked so little sprawled out on that bed, but it was pretty cute. She's slept in Sadie's bed before when Sadie has slept with me and for naps, but this was a first.

Goodnight ladies.

Morning Janine! Hope you are feeling well today!