Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-24-2010, 07:28 AM   #11
~EweNeedColor~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Knitters--Hookers--Spinners--Dyers WIP 9/24/2010

Good morning, I didnt get a chance to pread yesterdays thread at all, so I will go do that now to catch up. I went to the dr's yesterday and had an ultrasound and finally did the 3 hour glucose test. Still waiting on results from that. The ultrasound says baby weighs 4 lbs 13 oz! I am sooo excited to still be hanging on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerel View Post
Morning all! I did not get a chance to keep up yesterday. An awful thing happened yesterday. A friend of my oldest DD's father shot and killed her mother and himself and their bodies were found yesterday morning right after their kids went to school. It is really sad and I am so broken hearted for their kids. They were going through a divorce and the kids had spent the night with their dad and he left them there sometime in the night and went to the mom's house and broke in and killed them both.

Advertisement

~EweNeedColor~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:31 AM   #12
PipersMomma
waiting on repsonse to FSOT issue! Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if you need help as well!

My Mood:

Quote:
Morning all! I did not get a chance to keep up yesterday. An awful thing happened yesterday. A friend of my oldest DD's father shot and killed her mother and himself and their bodies were found yesterday morning right after their kids went to school. It is really sad and I am so broken hearted for their kids. They were going through a divorce and the kids had spent the night with their dad and he left them there sometime in the night and went to the mom's house and broke in and killed them both.
Oh Laura Im so sorry How horrible Does your DD know? I dont know how old she is.. I hope you are all doing ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~EweNeedColor~ View Post
Good morning, I didnt get a chance to pread yesterdays thread at all, so I will go do that now to catch up. I went to the dr's yesterday and had an ultrasound and finally did the 3 hour glucose test. Still waiting on results from that. The ultrasound says baby weighs 4 lbs 13 oz! I am sooo excited to still be hanging on!!

Im so happy for you!
PipersMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:33 AM   #13
marķa
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zander's mama View Post
Ok, so I'd like some input. I'm making this hat and I've been thinking about switching back to the CW for the decreases at the top of it.....what do you think? I'll also be attempting a dup stitch of a skull and cross bones in the CW on the black.....so would the top be too much then??

ETA: Forgot the pic
I would do the rest of the hat in all black and skull and bones in cw

Quote:
marķa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:40 AM   #14
PipersMomma
waiting on repsonse to FSOT issue! Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if you need help as well!

My Mood:

Im working on updating my queue in Rav today, so if I flood your friend activity on there, sorry

Im deleteing anything I dont have yarn for or dont want to knit anymore, and adding everything I have for customs, and personal stuff I have yarn for. That way I have something more to work off of then my little list in microsoft word
Old 09-24-2010, 07:46 AM   #15
emerel
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersMomma View Post
Oh Laura Im so sorry How horrible Does your DD know? I dont know how old she is.. I hope you are all doing ok.
Thanks...
Yes my DD knows, she is 17 and she and her friend are both seniors in high school. This girl is capt of the cheerleading squad and was enjoying her senior year now has this to try and recover from. Her birthday was only a week ago too, so now she will have this to think of forever around her birthday as well. Emily (my DD) said last night that they were in math class together just yesterday and the girl was her normal, talking happy self, and it is so sad and scary to think about how she will never be that person again.

emerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:51 AM   #16
EmpressPurl
Banned

My Mood:

Morning!!

Oh Laura how awful!

Erica, glad to hear everything is well and baby is filling out nicely!! I have a pic or two to show you once I can get hubby off the computer!
EmpressPurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:51 AM   #17
PipersMomma

My Mood:

Quote:
Thanks...
Yes my DD knows, she is 17 and she and her friend are both seniors in high school. This girl is capt of the cheerleading squad and was enjoying her senior year now has this to try and recover from. Her birthday was only a week ago too, so now she will have this to think of forever around her birthday as well. Emily (my DD) said last night that they were in math class together just yesterday and the girl was her normal, talking happy self, and it is so sad and scary to think about how she will never be that person again.
Oh I didnt know you had kids in their teens! That is so sad. That happened here a couple years ago, like out in the middle of the driveway, the kids were about 8 and 6 I think and they were out there when it happened and saw the whole thing. I just cant imagine. What a horrible thing
Old 09-24-2010, 07:52 AM   #18
TheLittleButtonBakery
Registered Users
Formerly: littlemonkeyfoot
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyLD View Post
I just taught myself to knit backwards. WOW is it.. weird...

Watching Greys and knitting
Ive done that!! I wanted to avoid purling too! It was VERY slow and kinda loose but I could do it. I wound up just going back to purling since it was actually faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieV View Post
That's funny because I had the exact opposite experience with Little Fancy Pants, my DS could soak through in 30 minutes lol.
Thats why I dont use fitteds. My DS soaked through 3 Under The Nile fitteds in 45 mins one day. He is just a SUPER wetter. Its like he saves up his pee and when he goes, he GOES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaysieW003 View Post

Pretty!!!

Quote:
Just wanted to be sure I read this right- he only shot the mother and himself? How sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~EweNeedColor~ View Post

Last edited by TheLittleButtonBakery; 09-24-2010 at 07:53 AM.
TheLittleButtonBakery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:55 AM   #19
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

morning, ladies! I'm at work today and pondering how to work the hem of my current sweater WIP. I was intending to just test the pattern from my pink bubbles sweater but decided that I didn't want to. The yarn just spoke up and said, No way! SO..... I'm pondering. I chose a knit stitch that contracted just a little bit so the increases I added at the waist ended up just allowing it to remain consistent. that means that the non-flared hem i was planning to go with the previously flared skirt will just be flat flat flat. Sigh. To ruffle or not to ruffle. that is the question.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:00 AM   #20
zander's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marķa View Post
I would do the rest of the hat in all black and skull and bones in cw
Thanks for the input Maria! The more I thought about it the more I was leaning towards this.