Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-25-2010, 02:10 AM   #251
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Knitters--Hookers--Spinners--Dyers WIP 9/24/2010

Originally Posted by PipersMomma View Post
Morning I stayed up too late last night. Ugh...

Amy- You *might* be able to, it will be cutting it close... but depending on your gauge you might. I get 4spi on cestari with 8s and Ive done 18-24mo before a only used 2 plus trim. Bc the gauge for that pattern is 5spi, so with 4spi I had to size down to the 0-3 or 3-6 i forget... But I used the trim for all the seedstitch, and then the pocket. And really the 2-3 isnt TOO much bigger than the 18-24mo.

I dont believe you
OK, thanks! I just have 2 skeins of choco rainbow here, and we don't use longies too much anymore so I was thinking what else to do with it.

Originally Posted by JessieV View Post
Me too! I dread any part of knitting that requires them. Necessary evil though
I agree, I despise DPNs

Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Thanks for the pattern!

Cool hat!

Erica--I must have missed some stuff, but sounds like you are supposed to be resting maybe? Still, can't wait to see what you dyed up.

Here's my dd's (12) first usable skein of spindle spun yarn. She had the first predictable thick/thin mess of a spindle full, and then went to town on the good stuff. This is 3 ply, 100% merino. I'm guessing a dk weight (haven't done wpi or a gauge swatch yet). She wants to dye it and use it to knit her little sis some mittens. It's about 2.5 oz and about 145 yards.

Very cool!

Originally Posted by emerel View Post
Morning all! I did not get a chance to keep up yesterday. An awful thing happened yesterday. A friend of my oldest DD's father shot and killed her mother and himself and their bodies were found yesterday morning right after their kids went to school. It is really sad and I am so broken hearted for their kids. They were going through a divorce and the kids had spent the night with their dad and he left them there sometime in the night and went to the mom's house and broke in and killed them both.
How horrible! Do you live in Utah? I just heard this story and wondered if it was them:
If not its eerily similar.

Originally Posted by ELC Knits View Post
There's no way I can catch up right now, I spent all morning in the ER with severe right sided low abdominal pain radiating through the back to the point I was doubled over sobbing. I had 5 injections of Dilaudid, 3 of Toradol, 3 of Morphine, and been on Percocet all day. After blood work, Urinalysis, and a cat scan they still have no idea.....
huge Tina, and how frustrating to walk away with no answers

Originally Posted by SweetTandPickles View Post

Sorry, we have been busy getting our yard sale organized for tomorrow!
Haven't knit today, but am casting on a Molly Bubble Romper for MYMN w/ Dashing Dachs and an Elizabeth Tunic with Lollytree Christmas Chocolates for my DD....

Trisha, I am sending your skirty tomorrow, it is packaged, I just have to weigh and print label and ship! I still haven't uploaded your pic I hate uploading pics! But, I have to b/c I have to add pics to a congo I'm on Just take a good one for me and I'll add it to my shop gallery
DH and I had a heated convo about NB cding....he said he didn't want to mess with NB poo where he can just throw a sposie away....what the hell is the difference? You put it in the diaper champ ooooooooor in the wetbag...same thing except you either walk to the west end or the east end of the house. REALLY?! Too bad, he has 4.5 mos to come to his senses.....And he was ok with cloth wipes a couple weeks ago now he isn't...How is it NOT easier? I'd used reg wipes OUT, but for home, it is easier b/c you can stick it in the wetbag with the dipe instead of separating and throwing the wipe away! MEN!!!!!! Too bad Jackaroo.....

Gotta get up at 5:30am...going to BED, it is almost 1am!
My dh is that way too, he doesn't do CDs, so he does sposies and I do CDs

Amy, mom to Allie-1/06, Hannah-4/08, and Lucy-12/13 always missing baby 'M' (7 weeks)
Sometimes mama/auntie to N (5/09) and Z (8/10)
Yarns, YYMN and patternsHERE
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:46 AM   #252
Registered Users
My Mood:

Tina! I hope you are ok and they figure out what's wrong!
Julia, loving mommy to Aliya July 12 '07 and Nathan March 25 '09
My Gallery. Like me on Face Book. My Etsy.

ShyViolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:41 AM   #253
Registered Users
My Mood:

new thread:
I am Tim, Loving Papa to 9yo Nick and 3yo Ellie . Husband to Tanya. I dye yarn, you can like me on Facebook, Follow me on Twitter, friend me on Ravelry.
DearHusband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:09 AM   #254
Registered Users

I'm almost outta here...for vacation! I'll be gone all weekend to Rehoboth Beach, DE. Yay!

Just finished Who loves you most, complete with Owl pocket.
Jen, yarn dyeing and writing mama to Kaitlyn (11), Hunter (6), Gabriel (4), and Ameline (2)!
Follow me! Etsy, Yarn FB page, Writing FB page, my Harry Potter club, my True Blood club, or Dolce Sorpresa !!!!
Jenkubes6 is offline   Reply With Quote