Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-24-2010, 07:32 AM   #1
isabelsmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How do you get your LOs to poo on the potty?

My DD is now 28 months and has been in undies during the day since she was about 20 months, but refuses to poop in the potty. She is in a diaper at night and naps and holds it until she is alone in her room, then poops in the diaper. It's like clockwork, but we can't get her to go on the potty. She was SUPER easy to PT with pee, but nothing is working now. We've tried rewards of various types but nothing. DH works 2nd shift and is home with her in the mornings and usually sleeps until she wakes him up, at which point she is already poopy. Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks mamas!

Advertisement

Lisa, child of the One True King, momma to Beanie 5/08 , soon to be adoptive momma to Tank 6/13 and foster for now/hoping to be forever momma to Blue 1/13 and wife to the love of my life The Fun One 10/02
isabelsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:58 PM   #2
isabelsmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you get your LOs to poo on the potty?

any suggestions?!
Lisa, child of the One True King, momma to Beanie 5/08 , soon to be adoptive momma to Tank 6/13 and foster for now/hoping to be forever momma to Blue 1/13 and wife to the love of my life The Fun One 10/02
isabelsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:20 PM   #3
GirlMorg
Registered Users
seller

Well, I have a suggestion. Does she know that is where poop goes?

I had to SHOW my daughter for her to get the point. It is still hard, but she will poo every once in a while.

When mommy had to go, I had her go pee in her potty at the same time and I let her know I was pooing and I let her watch and then I showed her the toilet with the poo in it.

Gross I know, but... I got a "Good job mommy!" from my daughter and I think it helped.
GirlMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:20 PM   #4
coquelicot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We're going through this now with our 30-month-old. I say give it time. DD has been pretty well pee-trained while she's awake since the first part of September minus a bit of regression after we traveled for a week. She hasn't had an accident in over 3 weeks. But poop is another story. She usually poops in her diaper either during or after her nap before I come get her. This morning, though, she let it rip in the potty. Big time. Probably the biggest one she's put in there. This is the third time this week she's put at least some poop in the potty, but the first two times were just little drops--enough to get the lollipop I let her have as a reward, I guess. She saved the rest for her nap. Today was the first time she was more willing to let it all go.

Another thing I did was sort of make it a joke. While she's on the potty, I tell her to "squeeeeeeeeeeeze!" and I scrunch up my face to make her laugh. I've also made the "plop" sound. Now when she's about to poop, she says "squeeeeeeak!" (close enough, lol) and then lets it go.

The PP has a good idea, too, about just letting your DD watch you poop. It does sound a bit gross, but it shows her that it's really no big deal and that it belongs in the toilet. My DD would say "yea, poo-poo in potty!" and then say I could have a lollipop.