Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-24-2010, 09:39 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
choroid plexus cyst~question

So, they told me that they found a cyst on baby's brain and I need to come back for another US. When I went in, the tech told me that I need to wait until I see the dr to get the results(next wed). She took a couple of pics of the brain, a quick profile pic for me and checked to make sure it was still a boy. Took about 10 min at most.

That is a good thing right? I googled it and read about it here, and they said that they would check organs, hands, feet, etc. When I had my 20 week US, she said everything looked great! So it is a good thing that she didn't recheck everything else, right? I am thinking so but am super nervous.

tina UC mama of 5!
paper_girl_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: choroid plexus cyst~question

I would ask the Dr. about it I am sure everything is fine though I had the same issue
when I was prego with my son (now 3 yrs). At about 19 wks I had an US and they called me b/c the Dr. saw a cyst (CPC) and I needed to come in for another US to see if it was still there. They said everything else looked normal except for the cyst so Dr. wanted to make sure the cyct was gone. I had the other US done at 21 wks and it was gone and everything measured fine. They didn't make a big deal about it but of course I was freaking out about it. When I did research it said the cyct usually goes away at 26wks. When he was born he was a happy healthy baby with no problems and is a normal 3 yr old. HTH
Amy, wife to my HS sweetheart Moriah SAHM to Drew 12/8/06 Aubrey-04/29/08 Regan VBAC #1 6/7/11Grady VBAC#2 11/9/12
Amy27 is offline   Reply With Quote