Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-01-2006, 05:19 PM   #1
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Vacationing In Cloth...Prime Me

We're going back to see DH's family later this month. We've informed the inlaws(or outlaws depending on how you look at it)that we're doing cloth,deal with it.

The plane ride will be about 8hrs,so I'm going to have at least that many dipes in the carry-on. 2dz packed and some bags.

Anything else I need to know?

Sarah

Advertisement

Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:49 PM   #2
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Vacationing In Cloth...Prime Me

i haven't cd'ed yet so i don't have any advice really. but good for you for telling them this is what we do deal!!! let me know how it goes though b/c i'm sure i'll be dealing with this one next year if not this coming x-mas lol. only we'll be taking a 12 hour car trip, ew.
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:04 PM   #3
Hootemcboob
Registered Users

My Mood:

How old is your DC? We took my son on our honeymoon and CDed and it was nice because he didn't get a rash and was comfortable the whole time. As long as you have somewhere to wash and the room to take them it's easy as pie
Hootemcboob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:18 PM   #4
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:

Take everything in your carry-on if possible... airlines like to lose luggage, and I'm sure the cosmic odds wouldn't be in your favor if most of your dipe stash was checked with your luggage
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 09:05 PM   #5
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller

I have traveled with my daugher in cloth a few times now. The most important thing is to carry on all of your diapers. One time I missed my connecting flight and was stuck for a day. For me this was really bad because dd is allergic to sposies, I had to go and buy gerber flats. A different time my bag arrived almost 8 hour after I did. Also you will need one bag for only cd's and dirty diapers take up more room then clean ones. IMO using cloth is just as easy on vacation as at home.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:14 PM   #6
riandkymommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am going to be in your boat in 2 weeks!! My mom has informed me that it will be sposies for the 3 day drive, but cloth at her house!! I don't think I have enough cloth for a 3 day drive anyway

LMK how things go!! My out-laws are againstCDing....I spent their Easter money on dipes for Kyla, hahaha! Silly people....
riandkymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:30 PM   #7
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Ok after hearing the story of lost dipes I'm totally filling all our carry-ons with dipes(I'm going to take about 30 diapers). Then I have those cute weird smelling disposable bags for dirty dipes,but since we'll be gone for 8 days I'll be doing laundry before we leave so hopefully I won't have too many dirties to drag home

Sarah
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:51 PM   #8
Termie
Registered Users
seller

We just vacationed with our March 06 baby. It was GREAT! I took 16 dipes mostly his pockets (they pack smaller). I packed UNstuffed pockets (took up no more room for 12 than one of dh's shirts - put them in gallon freezer bags to get the air out easily by rolling them from the other end). And then took 10 MF inserts and 4 hemp (overnights). Again in freezer bags to roll the air out - took up space of about 3 of dh's shirts or one pair of shoes + shirt. Then I took 4 sherpa fitteds, a fleece cover, and 2 BSWW covers. Those I just packed in empty space... the covers fit in a shoe really well. OH I also took ummm 6? prefolds - we use them for burp rags mostly. I tucked those in wherever they fit too.

Don't forget your wet bag and just plan to buy detergent there or I suppose you could put a small amount in an old water bottle that's taped shut with duct tape. We use Sun Detergent, so I didn't mind being "out" $3 for not having to pack it either direction.

HEY LOL!! I guess I took about 19 pockets b/c I had him in one and two in his diaper bag - short travel time.

We did diapers every other night. I got them soaked and spun and then started the hot wash cycle before I went to bed. In the a.m. I did one more rinse and then put the inserts in the dryer for an hour on HOT and then the pockets and covers for 15min on low. It got us through just fine and apparently vacation is a laxative for my 2.5mo old. LOL!!

Good luck!

Last edited by Termie; 06-01-2006 at 10:53 PM.
Termie is offline   Reply With Quote