Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-26-2010, 08:17 AM   #1
armywife08
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Breastfeeding twins help pls

My friend is pregnant with twins...she's only 15weeks but i want to get as much info for her that i can. She really wants to nurse them She did BF her little one for 3 mos...so she kinda knows what to do as far as latching. But she will HAVE to schedule feed twins (1-she's a scheduler it works best for her, 2-she has a special needs 2yo and a 1yo and her dh is in the army and is not there with them) so if anyone could give me some advice for her, i'd appreciate it!

Advertisement

Our rainbow baby, James, was born 21April2011 Our survivor twin, Anya was born Dec 2012
armywife08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
Wanderlust
Registered Users
Formerly: jen**eth
seller

Re: Breastfeeding twins help pls

I exclusive pump for mine so I'm not a big help. HeatherlovesCDs is nursing her 2nd set of twins- she would be a fountain of information

ETA: have her check out Youtube. There are loads of great instructional videos on positioning and different methods on breastfeeding twins.

Last edited by Wanderlust; 09-26-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:16 AM   #3
crazylife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

An awesome, quality nursing pillow (there are some made especially for twins, too) makes a world of difference. I had mine on a schedule too but I ended up supplementing also. The LC told me to put the stronger sucker on the 'weaker' breast to encourage it to produce more. I also pumped the first 2 months. Often bottles were a lifesaver for me because my mom or dad would come and feed them so I could sleeeeeep longer than 1.5 or 2 hour stretches (which is how often they would feed!) So tell her to take all the help she can get because sleep is so vital
crazylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
armywife08
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thank you, both so much! i'll def pm Heather, i've talked to her lots about stuff. thanks!

Our rainbow baby, James, was born 21April2011 Our survivor twin, Anya was born Dec 2012
armywife08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Feel free to PM me anytime. I will try to remember to come on later in the week and give you some tips for her. I am moving and don't have my internet up yet. This isn't a secure network. So, I don't really feel comfortable on it. Just popped on for a second. PM me if I forget. I've done schedule feeding and obviously, I am EBF'ing my second set of twins, along with having a 4 year old and 2.5 year old twins. I'm sure I have some tips.

EZ 2 Nurse Twin nursing pillow is my first tip.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:13 PM   #6
melanalyus
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am currently nursing twins....breastmilk exclusively.

I haven't used my EZ twin pillow...but have one I can sell if interested.

I am also available for ANY questions....I love helping moms successively nurse...and have learned alot from nursing five kiddos.

PM me anytime!