Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2007, 12:19 PM   #31
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just Call Me the Car Seat Nazi

GOOD FOR YOU !!! what did they say when you called? i sometimes wonder if the 'authorities' around here would even care if i called. i haven't been in a situation where i could have, but i will if it happens. did you call 911?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambyPants View Post
The same thing happened to me last week!! It was an older child, but still should have been in a booster. The mom didn't even make him put on a seatbelt!! Of course it was one of those days I forgot my cell phone. They were going the same direction as me and I just kept stewing more and more as I watched this kid seat hopping throughout the ride. At a stop light he started hanging out the window!! So I beeped the horn to get his attention, put on the meanest "mommy's mad" face I could muster, and hand signaled him to turn his butt around and click his seatbelt!! Amazingly, he promptly did just that. My kids were like "Wooooah!!" and busted up laughing. The kid looked back one more time and I gave him "the look" again and shook my finger at him. That was probably the most discipline he'd received in his entire life!!
this is AWEOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee View Post
Is what is really sad too, here there is a law if ALL seatbelts are being used then a child can be without a seat belt and there is no tickets or anything they can do. I HATE seeing kids not buckled, it makes me so mad.
seriously? where do you live???

Advertisement

Old 03-06-2007, 12:39 PM   #32
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee View Post
Is what is really sad too, here there is a law if ALL seatbelts are being used then a child can be without a seat belt and there is no tickets or anything they can do. I HATE seeing kids not buckled, it makes me so mad.
That's crazy! Though just a few years ago my dad got out of a ticket for this very reason - 6 of us in a Mustang

I wasn't happy with the arrangement at all, but at least I was one who had a seatbelt
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:39 PM   #33
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by titania View Post
GOOD FOR YOU !!! what did they say when you called? i sometimes wonder if the 'authorities' around here would even care if i called. i haven't been in a situation where i could have, but i will if it happens. did you call 911?
I was pleasantly surprised by the reaction of the 911 operator. They seemed very concerned and said they had dispatched an officer out there before I had even given the lisence plate number. They also asked me if it looked like the mother was picking up another child to put in the vehicle (she was) and they asked me if I could wait until they got there to give them a witness statement (I couldn't, had to get DH back to work). I kind of thought that they would blow me off but they seemed to take it seriously!
Old 03-06-2007, 03:24 PM   #34
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulnkyliesmama View Post
I hate it at storytime when i hear a mom say 'we can't afford a carseat', yeah sure britax are great but hey my kids are doing fine in there cheapey walmart cosco seats.It doesn't cost much just $40 bucks.They go nowhere without carseats but we do tend to walk a lot so if dh has car with seats it's no biggie, school, park and grocery store in walking distance.
agreed, we couldnt afford a carseat, but we found a way to get one, even a cheap one. We got an infant carseat from a really nice lady I knew through freecycle so we had a carseat for when ds was first born, and then my parents got us a convertible seat for him when they came over, it wasnt an expensive one, but we found a way to get a seat. And we always put him in his carseat, even when we are renting a car etc, we always make sure a carseat can go in it, and if it doesnt, me and ds dont go anywhere or we dont use that car. When our car got in a hit and run in the parking lot of our omplex overnight, my FIL's 2nd car was able to be used, but no carseat would install safely in it. So we had to rent a car in order to drive ds around safely for the 5 days we had no car while it was getting fixed.

I hate it when I see people pile more kids into a car than there are seats, because I know that none of them are in carseats or boosters. If I had a cellphone I would be reporting them to. We saw one carpool pile 9 kids into the back of a dodge caravan, along with the 2 adults that were already in the front, IN FRONT OF THE SCHOOL!! I couldn't belive it!

SAHM to my crazy toddler

Last edited by janendragon; 05-31-2007 at 07:33 PM.
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:06 PM   #35
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i was wishing i had my cell phone so bad the other day at walmart. me and my mom passed a car as we were leaving, well this car had pulled over. the mother got out, took her baby out of her car seat (baby couldn't have been more than 2 or 3 months old) got back into the drivers seat and pulled out!!!!!! now...in a big huge parking lot with tons of parking spaces how hard is it to just pull into a parking space and take care of the baby first? and she was going out onto the highway too....seriously what are people thinking!!!!

i also called on a car one day that i was driving behind that had a child of about 2 or 3 running around in the back seat and hanging her head OUT THE WINDOW!!!!

just
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:10 PM   #36
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by presleycaedmon View Post
I was pleasantly surprised by the reaction of the 911 operator. They seemed very concerned and said they had dispatched an officer out there before I had even given the lisence plate number. They also asked me if it looked like the mother was picking up another child to put in the vehicle (she was) and they asked me if I could wait until they got there to give them a witness statement (I couldn't, had to get DH back to work). I kind of thought that they would blow me off but they seemed to take it seriously!
That's great! DOn't ever move! Around here, when I call over my car being broken into, hit and run, dog stolen, I always get 'If you knew the things that happened in this town, you'd see that those things are NOTHING in comparison.' Nice. How great that your dispatch gives a poo!
Old 03-06-2007, 05:52 PM   #37
kochanyk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMGGGGGG you probably saved that child's life! Good for you!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 06:36 PM   #38
KisaMomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would do the same thing! even my 6.5yo has a carseat! (5pt harnessed up to 65lbs, and she's just recently 40lbs.. so she'll be good for awhile yet!)
KisaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:38 PM   #39
kht2006
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

the world needs more carseat Nazis...
kht2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:44 PM   #40
presleycaedmon
Registered Users