Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2010, 05:32 AM   #11
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Tuesday.

Good morning Janine, Erin, Steph, and Jen!

I'm up. E is dressed and having breakfast, and Ru is out running in the rain. About half an hour until we need to get E out for the bus. No walking to and from school today. It's supposed to rain all day and possibly into tomorrow.

I stayed up a little too late last night finishing a book. It was the second in the series and I liked it, but the ending was not quite as good as the last book. Now on to something else. I think maybe Heretic's Daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
Janine you need to give yourself time. I know you are frustrated but you need to eat, sleep when you can and relax
It hasn't even been a week yet, and they took out a major organ. It'll take time to feel better.

Advertisement

lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:38 AM   #12
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

On the yarn bases - I think that licorice twist will be too light-weight for warm winter overalls. IMO it's a yarn that's better for summer wool and skirties with a nice drape. I LOVE the Blue Goblin.

Here are some other bases/colourways that I think would work well and look great on B:
http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.ph...260&vid=200001
http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.ph...373&vid=200001
http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=21942&vid=3366
Old 09-28-2010, 05:39 AM   #13
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

It's rainy here too, Mel. It rained all day yesterday, and we had thunderstorms last night. I thought it would be a great time to break out the longies for the mornings!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:41 AM   #14
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Thanks, Mel, that helps! I tend to like a lighter weight yarn, and it doesn't ever get THAT cold in GA. But, I don't want it to be TOO light, either. I never have seen licorice twist knit up.
I just got a pair of THIMLY longies in the mail for the bean, and I am going to list them right back on fsot because they are so thick! It bugs me.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:41 AM   #15
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

B read a book this morning. It was so cute! It is one that DH reads to him regularly at bedtime. I am going to try to get it on my Flip camera later.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:42 AM   #16
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Ok, enough out of me. I'm going to feed some whiny dogs, and pack a school lunch. Let's just hope I don't get the food mixed up.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:45 AM   #17
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcrouse View Post
Thanks, Mel, that helps! I tend to like a lighter weight yarn, and it doesn't ever get THAT cold in GA. But, I don't want it to be TOO light, either. I never have seen licorice twist knit up.
I just got a pair of THIMLY longies in the mail for the bean, and I am going to list them right back on fsot because they are so thick! It bugs me.
What are the THIMLY longies made out of? The only yarn that I find knits up really thickly is Marr Haven, but then, it has a lot to do with needle choice too. Sometimes I find that people choose a smaller needle in an attempt to make the longies really "bulletproof," but then the woolies seem so stiff that they can stand up on their own!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:50 AM   #18
princemelissas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so
I finally realized last night that my anxiety is 2456% worse when Jay leaves. I just can't sleep, I'm so anxious and paranoid when he's not here.

We've got homeschooling PE class this morning. Sooooo early LOL
princemelissas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:59 AM   #19
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Melissa

I agree with Mel on using the two bases she suggested...MH has a pair of cestari longies and a pair of Mountain Meadow wool. Both are seriously hardy and are not to thick.

LOVE the Walon on MM.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:04 AM   #20
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I would love to see Waylon knit up...