Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2010, 07:52 AM   #21
LaPetiteKrottCreations
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Dyers/Spinners • WIP • 09/28/2010 •

OH! and I am also going to make the ear flaps double layered....to avoid the turning.... has anyone ever done this?? I had seen a tut, but can't find it now

Advertisement

I've been RAVED!
LaPetiteKrottCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:54 AM   #22
PipersMomma
waiting on repsonse to FSOT issue! Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if you need help as well!

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
Aw, how sweet is that? When Lily was about that age she told me that when she grows up she wants to be a great pancake flipper-overer like me.
OMG how cute!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugnbear View Post
Morning Ladies and Tim

I just finished a WIP last night for a customer, I really love how it turned out

And I also have a before and after on a WIP thats still a WIP I loooove how the color turned out
into this

Ive finished the applique and cord all I have to do is attach and do the finishing touches
Quote:
I also finished these WIP and one is a new colorway, I love them both!

And I get to go see Devil tonight!! Sooooo excited anyone see that yet? is it any good?
all of it is beautiful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shel*bel View Post
Morning ladies! I finished the Brooks longies and attempted to sew something. That was disastrous. So I went back to what I know and love (and am good at!) and dyed up a new colorway and cast on a SMSS kimono with this:
cant wait to see that knit up. And pics of the new colorway!! Is it girly or boyish?

Well I am dead on my @$$. I ended up taking Phe into the ER at 1am bc her breathing was freaking me out. It was fast and shallow and then she would just like, sigh, and moan. And then she threw up all over me so we got changed and headed out to the ER, as soon as I walked in the door she puked all over me and herself again, but they were really cool and actually got us threw super fast, which hardly ever happens. Anyways, nothing else is wrong with her, they said she probably just had too much crap in her throat and stuff and thats why she was breathing funny and once she puked it all up it helped alot. So I got home at 3. Then Phe was up crying and throwing up again at 6, and Piper got up for the day at 6:30 But my mom is coming to get Piper for lunch today so hopefully Ill be able to take a little nap when Phe does since I wont have Piper.
PipersMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:58 AM   #23
JessieV
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kendall, I'd have to take it in for repairs, there's no way I can diagnose my serger, it's scary to me lol.

My knit gallery My Ravelry
JessieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:59 AM   #24
shel*bel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Emily!

The new colorway is a boyish version of All the Pretty Little Horses. Well one of two. I still want to do another boyish variation, but I decided to do this one first.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:00 AM   #25
mykidsteacher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Elysia--beautiful work. LOVE the yarn on the left.

Love the color of the RHS!

Shelly--soo pretty. Can't wait to see it knit up.

Sergers and sewing machines can be frustrating when the thread demons get involved. On the serger, are you sure you are threading them in the right order? My last one threaded from right to left. But my new one, I have to thread the second spool from the right first, then the first, then the 3rd and 4th. Thread it out of order and it has a hissy fit.

Here's my newest wip. It's going to end up being a nb set with longies, hat, diaper and shirt (if I can figure out how to applique, or find someone to collab with me). I'm going to do a cable owl pocket on the longies, and then do the hat with colorway on the brim and top, with brown in the center with cable owlies. It's the first time I've knit with bfl and I'm in LOVE. So soft. This is the set I got from Amy off of spots this summer. If I had more yarn, I'd do a big brother set too (enough fabric for more than one diaper).

Tina, HS'ing Mama to 4 dc, Baby #5 with Jesus 2/09.
Stocking Heartland Dreams
My Photobucket My Blog Follow me on Facebook!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:03 AM   #26
JessieV
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Who's made the honey cowl? Why does it recommend size 8 needles for DK weight yarn?

My knit gallery My Ravelry
JessieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:04 AM   #27
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
YUM@

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPetiteKrottCreations View Post
here are my wips:
HH (first time making tassles.,..how do they look???).... need to weave in ends and block it... and add flowers

and Snowflake longies coming along...
LOVELY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersMomma View Post

Well I am dead on my @$$. I ended up taking Phe into the ER at 1am bc her breathing was freaking me out. It was fast and shallow and then she would just like, sigh, and moan. And then she threw up all over me so we got changed and headed out to the ER, as soon as I walked in the door she puked all over me and herself again, but they were really cool and actually got us threw super fast, which hardly ever happens. Anyways, nothing else is wrong with her, they said she probably just had too much crap in her throat and stuff and thats why she was breathing funny and once she puked it all up it helped alot. So I got home at 3. Then Phe was up crying and throwing up again at 6, and Piper got up for the day at 6:30 But my mom is coming to get Piper for lunch today so hopefully Ill be able to take a little nap when Phe does since I wont have Piper.
I hope you get some rest today, Emily. And that baby feels better!

Not much news here knittingwise. I finished my new sweater, except for weaving and blocking, and am writing up the pattern for my testers. I have a second sock within 1/2" of being done, and am starting a third. Yay! and my PW should be out for delivery today . Yipp!!
Old 09-28-2010, 08:06 AM   #28
zander's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post

Sergers and sewing machines can be frustrating when the thread demons get involved. On the serger, are you sure you are threading them in the right order? My last one threaded from right to left. But my new one, I have to thread the second spool from the right first, then the first, then the 3rd and 4th. Thread it out of order and it has a hissy fit.

Here's my newest wip. It's going to end up being a nb set with longies, hat, diaper and shirt (if I can figure out how to applique, or find someone to collab with me). I'm going to do a cable owl pocket on the longies, and then do the hat with colorway on the brim and top, with brown in the center with cable owlies. It's the first time I've knit with bfl and I'm in LOVE. So soft. This is the set I got from Amy off of spots this summer. If I had more yarn, I'd do a big brother set too (enough fabric for more than one diaper).

Old 09-28-2010, 08:13 AM   #29
marνa
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Morning Ladies and Tim

I just finished a WIP last night for a customer, I really love how it turned out

And I also have a before and after on a WIP thats still a WIP I loooove how the color turned out
into this

Ive finished the applique and cord all I have to do is attach and do the finishing touches
Quote:
I also finished these WIP and one is a new colorway, I love them both!

And I get to go see Devil tonight!! Sooooo excited anyone see that yet? is it any good?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollytreeyarn View Post
Awww you do such great work. Love the embellishment!!!

Finally took a pic of my wip, kind of a crappy pic because it is raining here.
Quote:
Morning ladies! I finished the Brooks longies and attempted to sew something. That was disastrous. So I went back to what I know and love (and am good at!) and dyed up a new colorway and cast on a SMSS kimono with this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPetiteKrottCreations View Post
hey everyone...
remember our discussion on the yarn I bought from Kassaundra? well.. guess what arrived today yay!! so no one had to be out of anything

here are my wips:
HH (first time making tassles.,..how do they look???).... need to weave in ends and block it... and add flowers

and Snowflake longies coming along...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post

marνa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:14 AM   #30
PipersMomma
waiting on repsonse to FSOT issue! Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if you need help as well!

My Mood:

Quote:
Emily!

The new colorway is a boyish version of All the Pretty Little Horses. Well one of two. I still want to do another boyish variation, but I decided to do this one first.
Thanks, and good lol. Bc I spent all my pp so I cant be buying anymore yarn for a little while!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomgoat View Post
YUM@

LOVELY!!

I hope you get some rest today, Emily. And that baby feels better!

Not much news here knittingwise. I finished my new sweater, except for weaving and blocking, and am writing up the pattern for my testers. I have a second sock within 1/2" of being done, and am starting a third. Yay! and my PW should be out for delivery today . Yipp!!
Thanks
PipersMomma is offline   Reply With Quote