Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2010, 08:55 AM   #1
hippieintraining
Registered Users
seller

Could I be miscarrying? Hopefully digestive issues? Maybe TMI

For almost three hours I've been awake (it's not quite 7am here). It started with a wave of cramps that I couldn't sleep through, but at least stayed in bed. The second wave came maybe 20 minutes later and I wasn't sure, but I thought maybe I was going to have diarrhea so I ran for the toilet. Sitting there I was sure I was going to vomit all over the floor. I was sweating and in lots of cramping pain (though it didn't feel like BH). This has been happening in waves. I did have a bit of diarrhea but symptoms are still coming every 20 mins or so and aren't easing up. I've already had to call my MIL to take DS

I've never had food poisoning come in 'waves' like this... but I'm really really hoping that's what it is... I should be just finishing the first trimester (maybe 13 or 14 weeks?).

Has anyone experienced a miscarriage that started like this?

Advertisement

My ISO/IHA
hippieintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:02 AM   #2
pieceofjess
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Could I be miscarrying? Hopefully digestive issues? Maybe TMI

Okay I actually just had this happen to me last week but it started in the middle of the night for me. I had the cold sweats, felt like I was going to pass out and that my insides were going to explode. I think it was a reaction to something I ate because it was gone the next day.
With that said, my last miscarriage started with a feeling like I was going to have diarrhea and mild cramps. I did have to go number 2 a lot (sorry TMI) and I did have the cold sweat thing but I think it might have been from shock. All I know is I saw blood immediately after I wiped going to the bathroom that first time. Also, I didn't get cramps until after I went to the bathroom, and they were definite "period" cramps, not stomach issue cramps.
If you are not bleeding I wouldn't worry about it right now. It's very likely you just ate something that didn't agree with you.

pieceofjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
lauren420
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Diahreah and constipation (which can come after a round of diareah) can cause those exact sympomts, its happend to me 5-6 times this pregnancy, one time I even ended up in the hospital I was in sooooooo much pain.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:49 AM   #4
Solomon's Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have diarrhea cramps often and that sounds like what you are having. If you aren't bleeding I wouldn't worry. Just drink some water and stay hydrated and hopefully that junk will come out soon! I hate feeling like that!
Expecting Baby #4 May 2016!
Solomon's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #5
SylvieP
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had all that including some bleeding for a few days at around 6 weeks with the twins. I figured it was indigestion until I started bleeding. Doc sent me for an ultrasound and it was nothing. Everything stopped after a couple of days and both babies were fine
Old 09-28-2010, 10:00 AM   #6
AnnaG01
Registered Users
seller

I have IBS and it sounds a lot like this. I hope that is all it is!
Riley (6), Skyler (4) , Payton (2) & our new baby Quinn Mackenzie My Blog
AnnaG01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:57 AM   #7
nikiahunt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'd go to the doctor just in case... that doesn't sound like a miscarriage to me, but I think the stress and possible dehydration that could result might lead to miscarriage. Better safe than sorry, and there might be something your doctor can do to either help you feel better or reduce risk of miscarriage.

FEEL BETTER!!
Old 09-28-2010, 01:28 PM   #8
Mum2Addison
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had gas pain/constipation that felt very similar to this. Hopefully that is all this is. BTW, mine was more 'waves' too.
(. (.* .
`-*Brigette.*`.:*

Mummy to Addison (4/06) and Freya (12/10) AF Wife to Matt
Mum2Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:57 PM   #9
hippieintraining
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the support! I've left a msg with my MW to try to fit me in over the next few days. I'm likely also paranoid because I haven't heard a HB yet (though I'm totally showing now!). The last few hours have been better, and no bleeding, so unless something starts up again in the next day or so, I'm blaming the chicken I had for dinner!!

My ISO/IHA
hippieintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #10
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It sounds just like my IBS. It seriously feels like I am dying at times. I had a bad attack around 12wks with DD. Horrible, horrible pain.