Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2007, 11:05 AM   #1
Mommy2Nick&Luke
Registered Users

My Mood:
safe ways to get ur self in to labor? EDITED again

ok i know i got only a few weeks left but ive been in at least once a week with faulse labor what can i do to get him to come lol besides sex? or walking or swimming? lol hmm help[ mamas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks everyone but mabey everyone took it wrong i dont want to try to get him out now......by all means not now...yeah i would like for him to come early but im not going to push for it to happen like today or tommaorw...or next week...i was just wondering on some ideas to help to get in to labor,,,when i get closer......my first labor was hell...and i really am terrifeied of going thew it again...it was 3 days of labor.....not fun at all and ds was big and dh thinks and so do we all think this baby is going to be over 10lbs im just wondering ideas how to help it come when i get close enought with out having to be induced by dr...i was induced 3 times with ds and that was not fun at all...is all sorry for thoues of you who took it wrong

Ok im sory i just felt that everyone was telling me im stupid and being shelfish and only thinking about my self.....im not im worried as can be about my baby in me and my self as well this pregancy is different from ds i know all of them are different but this time around i have had the same problems as my mom did with me so its a lil freaky to me....and im stressing cause i think they were wrong at last u/s about something they said was not there in the beggining so i guess i dont know.....trying not to stress but every time i look at my u/s i see it and freak more....i love looking at them cause thats the only thing i have to see to see him and im just scared....

ok im editing again....i go to dr thurs and they are gonan do a more extensive exam and to see whats going on and hopefully make a decision then on whats going to happen from here on out...i go on maternity leave in 2 weeks......so i wont be working but still on my feet at home chasing ds who is 2 1/2 and cleaning like crazy i have been cleaning like crazy for a week and cant stop......i just need to clean lol even if its alreayd been cleaned its getting on ppls nerves lol but oh well lol.....i will defently edit again after dr appt....im hoping to get some answers on all this.....and some answers to what i can do to relieve the pressure of him bearing down well thats what it feels like i cant even sleep now its that bad so thats why im scared too

Advertisement

Last edited by Mommy2Nick&Luke; 03-07-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Mommy2Nick&Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:07 PM   #2
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: safe ways to get ur self in to labor?

Baby will come when he's good and ready
Old 03-06-2007, 01:22 PM   #3
jecmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lots of false labor here, too. I've heard walking, sex, eating pineapple, and taking evening primrose oil (?) , but I think it's pretty much what PP said--baby will come when the time is right. GL!
Old 03-06-2007, 01:27 PM   #4
southernmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know so well what it's like to be "done." And with the last one I did take some herbal stuff that made my contractions start. And honestly I would not do that again. My labor was too fast. My body has recooperated my better when I had a longer labors.

MAMA to 4 GIRLS- 12/96, 12/03, 4/05, 12/06
and my baby boy who waits in heaven with Jesus (2/17/03-2/18/03)

Old DS Feedback
southernmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:40 PM   #5
kkmoto
Registered Users
seller

swimming is more likly to stop it. Walking will prob. tire you out unless your body is ready. Sex and spicy food. Most things wont work until your body is ready.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:55 PM   #6
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I heard take a warm rag with castor oil and place on your stomach, which accomplishes the same thing as drinking castor oil but w/o the bad #2 results if you KWIM. I haven't tried this, though. I heard pineapple only works if it is time anyways. . .
Old 03-06-2007, 02:31 PM   #7
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

nipple stimulation (manual or w/ breast pump) was rec. to me by my dr....
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:09 PM   #8
Lmakes5
Registered Users
seller

ALL "natural" inductions only work if your body and baby are ready anyway. Let baby cook until he is ready instead of trying to force him out early. Boys are more likely to have breathing issues if born early so you're better off letting him cook a while longer.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:20 PM   #9
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls~Kain~Drake View Post
Baby will come when he's good and ready
Ditto that, and you are WAY too early to think about natural induction methods!
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:36 PM   #10
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasterBun View Post
Ditto that, and you are WAY too early to think about natural induction methods!
DITTO!