Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2007, 06:39 PM   #11
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:
Re: safe ways to get ur self in to labor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls~Kain~Drake View Post
Baby will come when he's good and ready
^ Yeah that

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasterBun View Post
Ditto that, and you are WAY too early to think about natural induction methods!
and ^ yeah that!

I dont think it really matters what you do - if baby isnt ready it wont work.

And, you've still got OVER a month to go - just relax, take it easy. I think if you went into labor now they'd try and stop it. I went into preterm labor at 35 weeks and they stopped it.

Advertisement

OneFabMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:51 PM   #12
courtfrog2
Registered Users
seller

I would eat pizza...LOL. I was in and out of hospital with false labor with my last one and I ate pizza the night before she was born. That was probably it! LOL. Nipple stimulation may work too.

Courtney
Old 03-06-2007, 09:40 PM   #13
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksmommy23 View Post
ok i know i got only a few weeks left but ive been in at least once a week with faulse labor what can i do to get him to come lol besides sex? or walking or swimming? lol hmm help[ mamas
Why would you want to make your baby come sooner then he is supposed to?

IMO I would be happy just to make it to 36 weeks with out any problems and or worries of an under grown baby.

I say keep him in there as long as possible, I would rather my baby be in me then be in NICU like my son was.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:44 PM   #14
Mommy2Nick&Luke
Registered Users

My Mood:

i have been in so many times due to faulse labor ect the past month so theyt hing i wont make it to 38 weeks and if i do go they are going to let me go i go to dr thurs. then i see whats all going on and talk about options with ds i was over due and they wont let me even go over due so im hoping hes coming soon...he keeps trying to lol
Old 03-06-2007, 09:47 PM   #15
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
i have been in so many times due to faulse labor ect the past month so theyt hing i wont make it to 38 weeks and if i do go they are going to let me go i go to dr thurs. then i see whats all going on and talk about options with ds i was over due and they wont let me even go over due so im hoping hes coming soon...he keeps trying to lol
Let him lead the way, he will come when he is ready

I just would hate to see any one have to leave the hospital with out their baby. I was soooo heart broken when I left Noah in the hospital by himself.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:58 PM   #16
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahs_mommie View Post
Let him lead the way, he will come when he is ready

I just would hate to see any one have to leave the hospital with out their baby. I was soooo heart broken when I left Noah in the hospital by himself.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:54 PM   #17
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
I guess I just don't really understand why if the doctors don't believe you'll make it to 38, and you keep having false labor...why you think induction would be necessary? No matter how anxious or excited, I wouldn't want my babe to come earlier than 38 weeks. Even just days can make a huge difference in lung readiness. I dunno..just anything earlier would scare me and my heart goes out to all the mama's with early babies. There's so much heartache and sadness (even in situations with good outcomes...because, who wants to leave their baby in NICU or see the baby struggle to thrive?)...kwim?

Anyway....please don't take this as an attack, because it's really not. I'm just..confused I guess. Just don't understand.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:04 PM   #18
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls~Kain~Drake View Post
I guess I just don't really understand why if the doctors don't believe you'll make it to 38, and you keep having false labor...why you think induction would be necessary? No matter how anxious or excited, I wouldn't want my babe to come earlier than 38 weeks. Even just days can make a huge difference in lung readiness. I dunno..just anything earlier would scare me and my heart goes out to all the mama's with early babies. There's so much heartache and sadness (even in situations with good outcomes...because, who wants to leave their baby in NICU or see the baby struggle to thrive?)...kwim?

Anyway....please don't take this as an attack, because it's really not. I'm just..confused I guess. Just don't understand.
Exactly I should have said that too! I was soooo unprepared for Noah's early arrival we didn't even discuss with the Dr. C-sections he was so small and so sick when he was born I did not see him for 14 hours. I WAS PO'd no one would bring him to me and I was a mess, all I wanted after being 15 months TOTAL PG was to hold my little boy. I would not wish what I went through on ANYONE not even the devils bride.

One other thing was the first night I was in the hospital, when I was trying to sleep, I remember hearing other mommies and their new babies with them in their rooms. I was sooooo sad I cried soooo hard and I went to see my son in the NICU several times to try to bring his smell back to my room with me. My case with him was not the worst by far by soooo not fun.

Here are 2 photo's from when he was born one was where he had a IV in his head, a tube down his nose to his stomach, iv in his hand and he was hooked up to more wires then my computer!

The next one was the day I brought him home.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:05 PM   #19
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
just because "they" say you arent going to make it full term doesnt mean you wont.

in my not so honest opinion, i think its really irresponsible to try and bring on labor so early. if you were full-term i could understand. but you arent. like i said before, i went into preterm labor at 36 weeks and i was so thankful she didnt come early. why do you want an EARLY baby who may not be developed all the way?

the baby will come when he is ready. i promise. and if they arent going to let you go to 40+ weeks then dont worry. you know you wont be "over due".
OneFabMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:23 PM   #20
1boy1girl1bitty2
Registered Users
seller

i agree with letting nature takes it's course!! i know what it feels like to be 43 weeks pregnant. i think it is horrible you want to induce labour at 36 weeks just cause you are uncomfortable etc. if everything is going great and healthy then why complain? when you are 43 weeks pregnant THEN i might give you some of the techniques that worked for me. you don't deserve that knowledge at this point.

sorry if that sounds harsh but as other mamas have stated why would you put your baby at risk? he will come when he is ready!