Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2007, 11:24 PM   #21
ndunn's Avatar
ndunn
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,008
Re: safe ways to get ur self in to labor?

Doctors don't "let" or "make" you do anything. Your baby will come when it is ready, just enjoy yourself in the mean time

Advertisement

__________________
ISO: M/L or L Zany Zebra, Pot Bellied Pig Designs, & girly shorties or skirties.
ndunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:54 PM   #22
hippydippymama's Avatar
hippydippymama
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,466
Re: safe ways to get ur self in to labor?

Doctors believed my SIL was going to go into labor at 35 weeks (her fluids were leaking). She made it to 41 weeks before my niece was born. And she was only 5 lbs at birth, so imagine how tiny she would have been had she been born 6 weeks earlier.

PLEASE don't try to induce labor through ANY means. Your baby needs all the time it can get inside you to help it come out healthy and strong. If he comes out early on his own, so be it, but I can't help but feel that you are not putting his best interests at heart by trying to get him out before he's ready.
hippydippymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:06 AM   #23
cwieberdink's Avatar
cwieberdink
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,661
My Mood:
Re: safe ways to get ur self in to labor?

I was in "false labor" with my first son from 31 weeks on. Bedrest, home monitoring, in the hospital 3 times, plus 3 times to L&D for "false alarms". Finally at 35 weeks they did an amnio and said his lungs were mature and they were going to let him come. At 40 weeks, they said he was gonna be huge and had to induce me. At 40 w 2 days I was admitted, given the cervadil and had him 7 hours later.

So. False labor does not in any way mean you won't go full term.
__________________
Christine
Midwife, Mom of 8, Wife to one PreacherMan
Search and earn money for diapers!!
cwieberdink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:33 AM   #24
Tangy's Avatar
Tangy
Banned
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,727
My Mood:
Re: safe ways to get ur self in to labor?

I agree with everyone else, Nikki. You're not even 35 weeks, his lungs are not even mature. You can almost guarantee that he will have to stay in the hospital if he's born before 37 weeks.

Our bodies prepare us for labor with braxton hicks or false labor. You just need to learn to deal with those things at home and not go to the hospital every time you have a contraction. I think that will make those episodes pass easier and with less drama than going to the hospital and leaving disappointed that he hasn't come yet.

Pregnancy is 40 weeks for a reason, a baby NEEDS 40 weeks.

Leave things alone.. and he will come when he is ready to come, completely and fully developed and ready to take on the world... and his parents and grandparent.
Tangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:52 AM   #25
cowmommy's Avatar
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southern West Virginia
Posts: 17,845
My Mood:
Re: safe ways to get ur self in to labor?

Honey having a preemie comes with a lot more problems than having to be in the NICU right off too, I had DD at 35 weeks and Luckily she got to come to my room and come home with me but ended up spending the bigger part of the first 3 months of her life in the hospital with breathing difficulties, pneumonia, liver function problems, and tons of other stuff. Please let that baby cook a lil longer. They had to induce me with Gracie bc My placenta had started deteriorating and she had Intrauterine Growth retardation. Only in a totally needed situation would I recommend being induced before 38 weeks Note I am saying this in a totally sympathetic voice, I know you want to hold that lil fella. DH had a cousin that was just 3 days earlier than Gracie but was in the NICU over a month, little boys just don't do as well as little girls for the most part
__________________
Crystal, Christian SAHM to Elijah(9) Faith(8) & Gracie(11/15/05) Wife to Jeremiah
I do CUSTOM EMBROIDERY! My customs list is clear so fast turn around time!
cowmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:19 AM   #26
Willys Woolies's Avatar
Willys Woolies
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 729
Re: safe ways to get ur self in to labor?

Why would you want to have your baby now when you still have 5 weeks left? I had a baby 5 weeks early and man, it was not a cheery thing! 5 weeks early can mean needing oxygen, breathing tubes, having feeding issues, not being able to breastfeed, not able to keep temp up, low birth weight, possibly having a feeding tube inserted, which, is dangerous in it's own right. You may not even get to hold him after he's born.... Then there is risk of having an IVH to the brain, pnemonia, other lung problems, as well as a whole ton of other things that can happen when a baby is born too early!

I am sorry if I sound mean, but I cannot understand why someone would want to put their baby at such a dangerous risk? 40 weeks is for a reason....that's how long it takes for a baby to be ready to live in our world. Believe me, I've given birth to five children, I had sciatic problems and lots of other pains. I also was much older than you. I understand the uncomforts that you are going through.....but you should worry that the uncomforts you will be putting your baby through are much worse than what you are suffering now.

Try to enjoy what time you have left with your little one inside you. It's an incredible experience, savor it....even the pain. He'll come when it's time for him to come. You also have to remember, that the date can be off plus or minus 2 weeks, which means your baby could even be 7 weeks from his due date at this point. Way to risky IMO.
__________________
Linda ~ Mama to 7 & wife to Bill ~ Co-owner of The Cloth Diaper Connection
Old DS Feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=11375.0
I'm going to ride my bike 150 miles in just two days! To read the story: http://main.nationalmssociety.org/si...1&s_tafId=8376

Last edited by Willys Woolies; 03-07-2007 at 07:22 AM.
Willys Woolies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:25 AM   #27
Mommy2Nick&Luke's Avatar
Mommy2Nick&Luke
Registered Users
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 951
My Mood:
Re: safe ways to get ur self in to labor?

thanks everyone but mabey everyone took it wrong i dont want to try to get him out now......by all means not now...yeah i would like for him to come early but im not going to push for it to happen like today or tommaorw...or next week...i was just wondering on some ideas to help to get in to labor,,,when i get closer......my first labor was hell...and i really am terrifeied of going thew it again...it was 3 days of labor.....not fun at all and ds was big and dh thinks and so do we all think this baby is going to be over 10lbs im just wondering ideas how to help it come when i get close enought with out having to be induced by dr...i was induced 3 times with ds and that was not fun at all...is all sorry for thoues of you who took it wrong
__________________
~Nicole
Proud Breastfeeding, Co-sleeping, Babywearing, Cloth Diapering, Vaxing, Circumsizing Mommy to Nick (7-13-04) & Luke (4-02-07) Arachnoid Cyst Fighter.
Mommy2Nick&Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:27 AM   #28
presleycaedmon's Avatar
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 2,051
Re: safe ways to get ur self in to labor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls~Kain~Drake View Post
Baby will come when he's good and ready
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmakes5 View Post
ALL "natural" inductions only work if your body and baby are ready anyway. Let baby cook until he is ready instead of trying to force him out early. Boys are more likely to have breathing issues if born early so you're better off letting him cook a while longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasterBun View Post
Ditto that, and you are WAY too early to think about natural induction methods!
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahs_mommie View Post
Why would you want to make your baby come sooner then he is supposed to?

IMO I would be happy just to make it to 36 weeks with out any problems and or worries of an under grown baby.

I say keep him in there as long as possible, I would rather my baby be in me then be in NICU like my son was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksmommy23 View Post
i have been in so many times due to faulse labor ect the past month so theyt hing i wont make it to 38 weeks and if i do go they are going to let me go i go to dr thurs. then i see whats all going on and talk about options with ds i was over due and they wont let me even go over due so im hoping hes coming soon...he keeps trying to lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFabMama View Post
just because "they" say you arent going to make it full term doesnt mean you wont.

in my not so honest opinion, i think its really irresponsible to try and bring on labor so early. if you were full-term i could understand. but you arent. like i said before, i went into preterm labor at 36 weeks and i was so thankful she didnt come early. why do you want an EARLY baby who may not be developed all the way?

the baby will come when he is ready. i promise. and if they arent going to let you go to 40+ weeks then dont worry. you know you wont be "over due".
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1boy1girl1kitty2 View Post
i agree with letting nature takes it's course!! i know what it feels like to be 43 weeks pregnant. i think it is horrible you want to induce labour at 36 weeks just cause you are uncomfortable etc. if everything is going great and healthy then why complain? when you are 43 weeks pregnant THEN i might give you some of the techniques that worked for me. you don't deserve that knowledge at this point.

sorry if that sounds harsh but as other mamas have stated why would you put your baby at risk? he will come when he is ready!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangy View Post
I agree with everyone else, Nikki. You're not even 35 weeks, his lungs are not even mature. You can almost guarantee that he will have to stay in the hospital if he's born before 37 weeks.

Our bodies prepare us for labor with braxton hicks or false labor. You just need to learn to deal with those things at home and not go to the hospital every time you have a contraction. I think that will make those episodes pass easier and with less drama than going to the hospital and leaving disappointed that he hasn't come yet.

Pregnancy is 40 weeks for a reason, a baby NEEDS 40 weeks.

Leave things alone.. and he will come when he is ready to come, completely and fully developed and ready to take on the world... and his parents and grandparent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys Woolies View Post
Why would you want to have your baby now when you still have 5 weeks left? I had a baby 5 weeks early and man, it was not a cheery thing! 5 weeks early can mean needing oxygen, breathing tubes, having feeding issues, not being able to breastfeed, not able to keep temp up, low birth weight, possibly having a feeding tube inserted, which, is dangerous in it's own right. You may not even get to hold him after he's born.... Then there is risk of having an IVH to the brain, pnemonia, other lung problems, as well as a whole ton of other things that can happen when a baby is born too early!

I am sorry if I sound mean, but I cannot understand why someone would want to put their baby at such a dangerous risk? 40 weeks is for a reason....that's how long it takes for a baby to be ready to live in our world. Believe me, I've given birth to five children, I had sciatic problems and lots of other pains. I also was much older than you. I understand the uncomforts that you are going through.....but you should worry that the uncomforts you will be putting your baby through are much worse than what you are suffering now.

Try to enjoy what time you have left with your little one inside you. It's an incredible experience, savor it....even the pain. He'll come when it's time for him to come. You also have to remember, that the date can be off plus or minus 2 weeks, which means your baby could even be 7 weeks from his due date at this point. Way to risky IMO.


These mama's all said what I was thinking. It is totally irresponsible and selfish to try and make a baby come this early. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's true. Why would you want to cause your child to have health problems, pain and possibly even life threatening conditions? Not cool.

Wait it out. Baby will come when he's ready. I went to 41 weeks and yeah it sucked but it won't kill you, I promise.
__________________
Amanda: Wife to Kevin and AP Mama to Caedmon Jeremiah *8-8-01* and Presley Claire *3-31-06*
My blog, Kevin's blog, Presley's Home Birth
presleycaedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:50 AM   #29
Knittress's Avatar
Knittress
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,754
My Mood:
Re: safe ways to get ur self in to labor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksmommy23 View Post
i have been in so many times due to faulse labor ect the past month so theyt hing i wont make it to 38 weeks and if i do go they are going to let me go i go to dr thurs. then i see whats all going on and talk about options with ds i was over due and they wont let me even go over due so im hoping hes coming soon...he keeps trying to lol
My midwife told me that I'd be lucky to make it to 37 weeks. She just *KNEW* my ds was going to come early because at 36 weeks I had contractions every 3 minutes for about 5 hours. It was false labor (basically enough to dilate me to 1.5 cm). My DS was born at 40 w. 5d. after an induction for low fluid. Just because they "think" doesn't make it so.

Also... you are at 34 weeks and 5 days. If you're successful, you're looking at a NICU stint in most likelihood. My ds was due 4/4 a couple of years ago. I hit full term on 3/14. You will not be full term until 3/23/06. Also, fwiw... natural induction will not work if your body is not "ready." You can eat pineapple until you feel like you're going to turn into one... you can do all the other tricks, but if your body's not ready, it won't work.

Try to hang in there. You don't have *that* much longer in the grand scheme of things.
__________________

Laura who's loving life
Dyeing/Knitting WAHM

Last edited by Knittress; 03-28-2007 at 09:01 AM.
Knittress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:13 AM   #30
soggygranolamomma
Banned
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,478
My Mood:
Re: safe ways to get ur self in to labor?

My midwife "knew" I would deliver my 4th child in 2 hours from start to finish. Um she was WRONG.

No matter how sick of being pregnant, no matter how miserable and long "prodromal" labor is, it is terribly selfish to risk putting your baby in the NICU for it. IF you haven't had your baby by 38 weeks, THEN start looking at natural ways to augment labor.

34 weeks is just plain crazy. Sorry.
soggygranolamomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.