Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-07-2007, 01:19 PM   #71
Mommy2Nick&Luke
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: safe ways to get ur self in to labor? EDITED DUE TO RUDE NESS

they have pretty much checked everything....lol and no idea why i keep having this happen i know i had an infection that causes preterm labor so thats why i repedly go in due to this.....they want me to come in due to that they treated it but i keep having the same thing over and over....so they are concerend

Advertisement

Old 03-07-2007, 01:29 PM   #72
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

36ish weeks is a hard time. YOU are ready, but the baby really isnt.

Just because the baby is big, doesnt mean that it will be 'healthy' My friend had a baby and she was induced at 34-36weeks because 'the dates were wrong, this baby was FULL term' He came out HUGE for a 36weeker (8.5 lbs I think) and he had to be in the NICU for a while something like 2 months. His lungs WERE not ready, they said he was a '34 weeker' on their preemie tests.

You also get bigger with each pregnancy. So just because your BELLY is big doesnt mean you will have a big baby.

If you havent been given terb. Its only braxton hicks and you dont need to go in for that. If you start having BHs, drink the biggest glass of water you possibly can(or two or three smaller ones) and go take a bath. If the contractions slow or stay the same its just bhs and there is no need to go in.

I went into preterm labor with DS #1 at 28wks. I was in once to twice a WEEK getting labor stopped until 36weeks. At which point they said they wouldnt stop me anymore. They were sure I would deliver within a few days. Week after week ticked by and every appt they said "We were SURE you wouldnt be here today, that you would have a baby by now". I went to 40weeks 4 days before I went into labor. When it comes to when a baby will be born the docs have no idea its all a guess.

If your doctor is talking about inducing you before 38 weeks for NO MEDICAL reason, I would be scared and I would find another doctor. I am dead serious. Just because you are uncomfortable is NOT a good reason to risk the health of your child. Big babies are born EVERY day. 10lbs believe it or not isnt an 'automatic c-section' In my expiriences(and what I have heard through birth stories) bigger babies are actually EASIER less painful labors. My daughter was my smallest kid (7lbs 2oz) and she did THE MOST damage coming out, she got me good. DS#2 was 8lbs 11oz and he was my biggest and he did the least amount of damage coming out. In a few weeks when the baby is born healthy you wont remember all this pain anymore, you will have a wonderful baby and thats all that matters. I dont resent my DS for everything that happened with him. I just thank my lucky stars that he is healthy and a normal healthy 4.5year old. Things could have been different. I looked in his eyes the day he was born and everything that I went through flew out the window, it was all worth it for the miracle I was holding.

You keep saying your 1st labor was horrible, It sounds for the most part like a normal 1st labor, EXCEPT being induced 3 times. Which the reason it didnt work was because BABY wasnt ready. If the docs REALLY want the baby out they will break your water. The fact that they didnt break your bag of water shows me they werent REALLY doing everything they could do and its the reason you had to go through that 3 times. Blame your docs, not a "horrible labor"

Last but not least. If you dont know the difference between bhs and real labor, that makes me think your 1`st labor really wasnt THAT long. You may have been having bhs for 2 days, then 1 real day of labor.

I am going to say it again because I think its important. If you are seeing the same doc/practice you saw last time, or if your doc suggests induction before 38wwks without a MEDICAL reason.....FIND A NEW DOCTOR
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:41 PM   #73
hippydippymama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by presleycaedmon View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Me too.

Also, I agree 150% with everything Samantha just said. After following all of your posts, I am rather frightened of the type of doctors you have. They do not sound at ALL like they have you and your baby's best interests in mind...in fact, based on your anecdotes, they sound rather incompetent. The things that the ladies here have been telling you are common knowledge, and yet your doctors have chosen to ignore these things and not tell you about them, which is terrible. It sounds like you trust them though, so go with your gut.

I would recommend picking up some books on pregnancy and childbirth, particularly any that are Lamaze-oriented. I got a Lamaze handbook when I registered at the hospital and it had some REALLY good information in it.
hippydippymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:03 PM   #74
Mommy2Nick&Luke
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
36ish weeks is a hard time. YOU are ready, but the baby really isnt.

Just because the baby is big, doesnt mean that it will be 'healthy' My friend had a baby and she was induced at 34-36weeks because 'the dates were wrong, this baby was FULL term' He came out HUGE for a 36weeker (8.5 lbs I think) and he had to be in the NICU for a while something like 2 months. His lungs WERE not ready, they said he was a '34 weeker' on their preemie tests.

You also get bigger with each pregnancy. So just because your BELLY is big doesnt mean you will have a big baby.

If you havent been given terb. Its only braxton hicks and you dont need to go in for that. If you start having BHs, drink the biggest glass of water you possibly can(or two or three smaller ones) and go take a bath. If the contractions slow or stay the same its just bhs and there is no need to go in.

I went into preterm labor with DS #1 at 28wks. I was in once to twice a WEEK getting labor stopped until 36weeks. At which point they said they wouldnt stop me anymore. They were sure I would deliver within a few days. Week after week ticked by and every appt they said "We were SURE you wouldnt be here today, that you would have a baby by now". I went to 40weeks 4 days before I went into labor. When it comes to when a baby will be born the docs have no idea its all a guess.

If your doctor is talking about inducing you before 38 weeks for NO MEDICAL reason, I would be scared and I would find another doctor. I am dead serious. Just because you are uncomfortable is NOT a good reason to risk the health of your child. Big babies are born EVERY day. 10lbs believe it or not isnt an 'automatic c-section' In my expiriences(and what I have heard through birth stories) bigger babies are actually EASIER less painful labors. My daughter was my smallest kid (7lbs 2oz) and she did THE MOST damage coming out, she got me good. DS#2 was 8lbs 11oz and he was my biggest and he did the least amount of damage coming out. In a few weeks when the baby is born healthy you wont remember all this pain anymore, you will have a wonderful baby and thats all that matters. I dont resent my DS for everything that happened with him. I just thank my lucky stars that he is healthy and a normal healthy 4.5year old. Things could have been different. I looked in his eyes the day he was born and everything that I went through flew out the window, it was all worth it for the miracle I was holding.

You keep saying your 1st labor was horrible, It sounds for the most part like a normal 1st labor, EXCEPT being induced 3 times. Which the reason it didnt work was because BABY wasnt ready. If the docs REALLY want the baby out they will break your water. The fact that they didnt break your bag of water shows me they werent REALLY doing everything they could do and its the reason you had to go through that 3 times. Blame your docs, not a "horrible labor"

Last but not least. If you dont know the difference between bhs and real labor, that makes me think your 1`st labor really wasnt THAT long. You may have been having bhs for 2 days, then 1 real day of labor.

I am going to say it again because I think its important. If you are seeing the same doc/practice you saw last time, or if your doc suggests induction before 38wwks without a MEDICAL reason.....FIND A NEW DOCTOR

With my first labor my water was broken by the dr....and im not at the same drs anymore....and my drs here are great....they are concerned in to why all this is happening......im ready to go to see what they can tell me this far as to what to expect and what their plan of action is now.......they have never said anything bout induction but they know about ds and they wont let me go past 40 weeks not even to 41 due to my first labor and what all is going on this time around

Last edited by Mommy2Nick&Luke; 03-07-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Mommy2Nick&Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:12 PM   #75
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Re: safe ways to get ur self in to labor? EDITED DUE TO RUDENESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksmommy23 View Post
With my first labor my water was broken by the dr....and im not at the same drs anymore....and my drs here are great for your information
Well I think we are beating a dead horse here.

Good luck to you and your DS, I hope he at least makes it to 38 weeks and with out complications really I honestly do. Like I said before I was DEVASTATED when I had my son, the WORST DAY of my life and the best day all in one . I can still remember all the emotions as if it was yesterday!~

Good Luck
Old 03-07-2007, 02:56 PM   #76
hippydippymama
Registered Users
seller

Re: safe ways to get ur self in to labor? EDITED again

*sigh*

I pray that you don't give birth until after 38 weeks. And I pray that your son is born healthy with no complications. Good luck.
hippydippymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:30 PM   #77
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm going to say this. Why would you put so much trust in your OB? I would run as fast as I can from any OB who wants to put me in labor only because they assume the baby is big. Most women can safely deliver a 10lb baby, they are just scared to because of BS that their OB's say. Another thing your OB only can give you an estimate, they don't know by feeling around or even an ultrasound how big your baby will be. Seriously, you will not die because you have a 10lb baby, so stop worrying about it. I'm sorry if I sound rude but maybe you need to take a step back and realize that you chose to get pregnant and have this baby, if the baby needs to stay in until 40 even 42 weeks then that is what should happen.. These other ladies are right, you do not even want to think about having a baby that is born early because of your selfishness.

I would look into another doctor if I were you, your OB doesn't sound to bright. Also, take the time and do some research on premature babies and then decide if you want your baby being born before 38-40 weeks. Your body knows what to do, if you are having prodomal labor now, it's a way your body is getting ready to give birth.. Not NOW, but in the weeks to come. I'm 31 weeks and have not so nice BH's from time to time myself but I wouldn't dare try to get them to be anything more then that.

Good Luck, I hope you open your eyes and realize how irresponsible you are being.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:49 PM   #78
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think its hard for some mamas (myself included) to understand why others are ready to give birth before their EDD when others struggle to keep their babies to a healthy gestation.

ITA w/ the PP about trusting your OB's opinion, b/c that's really all it is, his opinion! My BFF had an emergency c/s w/ #1 (who was almost 11lbs) after 3 days of labor and no progression (b/c baby couldn't move down) and that really was a necessary c/s! Her new OB won't even consider a VBAC for his patients... When I heard that I added him to the list of dr's who I would really rather NEVER see! Right now she's going through some serious emotional stuff (her dad is dying & needs to be hospitalized the week she's scheduled, sister can't miss school and needs childcare that week, she's incredibly uncomfortable and dealing with a LOT!) yet he won't even consider moving her c/s before 39wks (Sunday) even though that's considered term, esp for a c/s, and considering the stress this is causing for her & her family. I know that's not a great reason, but its going to create situations that can compromise her recovery from the surgery he is forcing her to have by not even allowing VBACs in his practice. Its just really sad to me. This man's opinion is going to dictate how things play out in her recovery.
BTW, she is also willing to go beyond her scheduled c/s date if her father is in the hospital, she isn't trying to get him out earlier, just in time for her father to still be alive and see the baby. She's also willing to just let herself go into labor if that's what it takes.
Anyway, having an irritable uterus just isn't something a lot of moms are gonna have sympathy about. There really doesn't appear to be a major issue w/ your pregnancy and it just seems like the normal complaints that all pregnant mamas have at 35-37wks when they're ready but baby isn't!
FTR, my largest baby (9lb2oz) was the easiest and quickest delivery! All natural and born into my hands! The nurse who assisted me was a lay doula in TX and helped me deliver my own baby! Probably the best hospital experience I've had and go figure, no dr in sight! LOL

Last edited by TwinKristi; 03-07-2007 at 03:50 PM.
TwinKristi is offline   Reply With Quote