Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #11
momof4kidz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: My OB made me cry

Um I have had 2 vbacs and am around 220. That is pure BS! As a matter of fact I was able to get up right after birth and with the last baby they even sent me home the next day! Weight does not matter.

Advertisement

Old 09-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #12
irishmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Chiming in. Mama, Please call the OBs office and let the offica manager know exactly what you've said here. She has no right to make you feel this way. This is also probably unexceptable by their office standards. They should chart not to schedule her again. This is what I was told to do after an incident with the on call physician. I had called with severe cramping on my left side at 7wks pg and the dr said "you're probably miscarring. see what happens and call back on Monday" This was on a Friday evening.

Also, my Dr. retired when I was 28wks pg and I had to switch providers so it is possible. and don't let her grumpy meanie attitude get you down.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #13
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

you should have sucker punched her

Ok, may not, I would still would have given her a good piece of my mind though! I'm sorry she wasn't supportive mama

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:31 PM   #14
redhairboy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post
Your weight has NOTHING to do w/ your ability to VBAC! I have had 8 VBACs, all at home, weighing from 225-274 at delivery. Find a new provider, now. I switched in my second pregnancy at 28 weeks. It is never too late to switch. Have you called any midwives? What about a HB?
Really?? I thought so and my gut is telling me to do a VBAC. She made it seem like they would have trouble getting a tube down my throat and cutting me if I ruptured. Do you think a midwife will take me? I did have GD with the last pregnancy and was kinda waiting to see if I will get it this time. IK that makes it a litle harder.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:37 PM   #15
redhairboy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks so much! I feel so much better. I am not giving up on having a VBAC and maybe this was just an chance for me to look other places.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:45 PM   #16
JoelleB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Seriously! YOu need to change.. If you don't you will kick yourself! You are paying them for their services and you don't need that crap.. Anyone who is going to make you cry doesn't deserve anything from you! I would go back to the midwives.. I had midwives with all 4 of my children and LOVED every second of it! Never ever did i hear someone tell me i was over weight and i was 210 at 9mos. pregnant with my 2nd and i had gained 65lbs with him! Crazy weight.. but they never said i was over weight.. i already knew i was, i didn't need someone else telling me that! .. YOu are pregnant and you won't be this way forever, so you may as well enjoy it now! don't stress over that doctor.. they obviously have no bedside manor and should be taught some compassion! I'm sorry you have to deal with that!
JoelleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:55 PM   #17
Sabra
Registered Users

Oh, hon, being overweight has nothing to do with a VBAC.

You need to recast this in your mind, okay? You are approaching it as if you have to have permission to have a VBAC. That's not accurate. At all. Any obstetrician has to have your permission to perform surgery on you. You are fully in accordance with ACOG guidelines when it comes to having a vaginal birth. It is not unreasonable to expect your physician to act in accordance with the guidelines of an organization s/he is most likely a part of. And even without that, patient consent is typically legally protected. Do you see what I'm getting at here? I hate it when women start talking about what their doctor will "let" them do. Your uterus, right? Your baby, for whom you will be making major medical decisions for the next two decades, more or less. You would not say "My pediatrician won't let me refuse to circumcise my son", would you? So why even consider "My obstetrician won't let me have a VBAC"?

And yeah, flat-out refuse to see that doctor again.
Sabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:40 PM   #18
GreenHome Sewing
Registered Users
Formerly: Jonah Baby
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah to Sabra!

Oh, Mama.

I switched from an OB practice (used with my first) at 34 weeks pregnant with baby.
I let the OBs bully and push me, ending in a very traumatic birth. Then with my second, I was admitted to L&D 4 times by 28 weeks for severe, crippling pain. The OB even tried to tell my WHAT pain I was feeling and WHERE - the midwives diagnosed me immediately with severe symphysis pubis dysfunction.
You will come to mourn a birth that you didn't feel was right. I do. Every day. I really feel my relationship with my first is scarred by his birth.

Uterine rupture is extremely rare, as is the chance you physically cannot VBAC. You need to find a new care provider.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:20 PM   #19
MamaNotes
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm so sorry, that is awful! Find yourself a new doctor! You deserve better.
MamaNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:00 PM   #20
MyLovely
Registered Users

Try contacting midwives! Remember, you (and your insurance company) are paying these doctors to give you the best, healthiest pregnancy and birth possible. That's not happening. If you hired a woman to clean your house and all she did was make it messier, you'd fire her, right? You're in charge here, so pick up the reins and be as pushy as you need to be to get exactly what you want.