Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

placenta on front of uterus. :(

I'm really, really disappointed. And sad.

Around 9-10 weeks, I could feel flutters from this LO. Since around 10.5 weeks, nothing. At my first prenatal, the MW had a difficult time finding the hb and said my placenta is most likely on the front... well, fast forward... it sure is. When I look for the baby's hb, sometimes the only way I can find it is to lay on my side and use the probe pointing towards my pubic bone. Even then it is really faint.

I'm SO disappointed. This is most likely the last time I will experience pregnancy and I was really wanting to enjoy it to the fullest possible extent. How can I do that if I can't FEEL my baby moving? Or even find the heartbeat easily? I feel so deflated. Here's to hoping the placenta moves.

Do you think as the baby grows, the placenta will move? Or that when the baby gets bigger, I can feel it THROUGH the placenta?

Advertisement

Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:26 PM   #2
Baltic Creations
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: placenta on front of uterus. :(

I had an anterior placenta with my last baby (prior to this one) and once he got bigger trust me his kicks were very noticeable. It did take a while to feel him though because of it. I hope you do get to feel the kicks. I have seen few cases where the mamas couldn't but there have been way more mamas that could. and congrats!
Old 09-28-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
ommelissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The placenta usually will migrate up as the uterus grows.
ommelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #4
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yep - #1 was anterior for me - at the u/s at 20ish weeks I could see him moving but didn't feel it yet.

#2 was posterior and I felt her early - like 12 or 13 weeks.

#3 was anterior again. I thought I would feel it earlier because I was a seasoned mama - but no - it wasn't until like 20 weeks.

But she did move around a TON once I started feeling her.

Congratulations!!!

It is annoying at first too - they can't find the heartbeat because of the placenta, can't see the babe because of the placenta -
Old 09-28-2010, 05:26 PM   #5
ralesiah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So sorry you're unhappy about it. I felt my last baby (anterior) fine after he was a little bigger. I have a very long torso so it always takes longer anyway, about 20 wks until I feel them and for the anterior baby 26 wks or so. On the up side for me, my mw loved my anterior placenta because she got a very clear sound on it's vibrations/pulse which she said she hadn't ever experienced even in other anteriors. Her happiness and positivity really made me feel good, I hope your mw can help you feel joy about it as well. Maybe try listening to the placenta sometime, the woosh ryhthm of it is pretty cool.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:28 PM   #6
er517
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Babe #3 was for me as well, and I felt very little movement throughout the entire pregnancy. I felt a bit slighted, too.
I can especially tell the difference this time around - this little dude kicks the cr@p outta me!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:40 PM   #7
emilade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You'll feel the baby, it'll just take a little longer than it would otherwise. You won't be missing anything. I had anterior placenta with my first, I didn't feel her strongly until 22 weeks. I have it again, my third pregnancy, 21 weeks and I'm starting to feel more bumps here and there.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:01 PM   #8
PiecesOfKate
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mine was in front with DD but had no problem feeling movement after 20 weeks.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:16 PM   #9
MamaNotes
Registered Users

My Mood:

don't worry mama! It could move! I had a low lying placenta in my first trimester and 2nd too I think, with my first pregnancy and it moved and everything was fine! You should be feeling your baby really soon, mama!
MamaNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:28 PM   #10
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had anterior placentas with all 3 of my pregnacies. I did take a while to feel movement but I did feel movement by 22 weeeks with my first and 18 and 19 with my second and third. Each of my kids had their own patterns that were later predictable of how they were as newborns. It was probably muffled from having a placenta in the back but I still felt and saw movement and hiccups.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote