Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Baby name help. Do you know any babies/toddlers named Thomas? More info inside...

I'm curious because I love that name and if this baby is a boy, I'd love to name him Thomas (or Peter...not totally sure, but we have a ways, lol). I'm not into popular names however and I see that Thomas is in the top 100. I'm curious to see how many ppl know a small child named Thomas (or Peter for that matter) IRL.

Also, our last name starts with R and once again, if the babe were a boy I had thought about having the first name start with J. Then we could call him JR as a nickname (love it!). Any ideas? Nothing common please! None of my children have common names, lol.

Advertisement

Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.

Last edited by mama2cntrykids; 09-28-2010 at 07:53 PM.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
mugsywebb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby name help. Do you know any babies/toddlers named Thomas? More info inside...

I personally haven't heard a peter or a thomas in FOREVER (and i love them)
Old 09-28-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Re: Baby name help. Do you know any babies/toddlers named Thomas? More info inside...

First of all, what are your other kids names? Secondly, yes, I know one preschooler named Thomas and they call him by his full name. Not a very good association for me though because he is a wild little kid, face and clothing always filthy. That's not his fault of course, just what I think of first upon hearing the name.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
luckymum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Great names
My DS 5yrold has a Peter in his class but other than that I rarely hear it. I do not hear Thomas but keep in mind Thomas the train (not a bad thing)
Old 09-28-2010, 07:57 PM   #5
wild fire child
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not around toddlers often, but I d have one friend with a 4 year old brother named Thomas. It's too common a name for me, so I've never really though about it lol.
wild fire child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #6
breanne_roz
Registered Users
seller

The only Thomas I know is my cousin's father. We jokingly called my friend's son (while she was pregnant) Peter. All of the name's she liked were "old man" names (or so we thought!) so we started calling the baby Peter just to bug her. Well after a while the name kind of stuck and she ended up using it as a middle name! I love it now and think it's a cute little boys name
breanne_roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #7
Queen_Celeste
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a Thomas. He will be 1 in January.
Queen_Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:01 PM   #8
Nanner99
Registered Users
seller

I don't think Thomas or Peter are common these days. I know some of the names of the top 100 are ones I never hear irl.
I like names that are easy, known names, but not over-used. We have a Kodi (girl), Owen, Luke and June (this one is definitely not over-used these days! lol).
We have a 4-letter theme too. My dh and I are Sara and Bret and we accidentally names our 1st 2 with 4 letter names, noticed the trend, and only looked at 4 letter names for #3 and #4. We also have a 4 letter last name.

I really like Thomas.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:05 PM   #9
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

I know a second grader named thomas and he is called tommy which is so cute! Way cuter than thomas for every day use, kwim? Thomas is a big name for a little boy! Dont know any peters but i knew a pete in high school. That one comes with a lot of teasing nicknames if that matters to you.

while i dont know many by those names they are still too common for me without being old fashioned enough to appeal to me. Though i think the common-old-fashioned-no-longer-common name trend is kind of played out. Note Dds name LOL!
Old 09-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #10
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users

I know 2 thomas' irl that are kids. One is 5 and one is almost 2. The almost 2 year old is at the same daycare my son goes to.

For adults I know of 3 Thomas'. All dating or married to women in my family.

My second son, if I ever have one will be either Kevin Thomas or Thomas Kevin after my step-dad (thomas) and my father (kevin)
Due with #2 2/14/16
ArronDalesMama is offline   Reply With Quote