Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2010, 03:01 PM   #41
new2allthis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Baby name help. Do you know any babies/toddlers named Thomas? More info inside...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Thomas and I would use it in a heartbeat if my last name was not so similar. My nephew is Andrew Thomas (6yrs old). I know a 6yr old Peter Christopher-very cute kid. I don't know any toddlers or babies with those names.

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #42
annb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby name help. Do you know any babies/toddlers named Thomas? More info inside...

My doctor has a 1 yr old named Thomas.
I know a Peter but he is a little older than toddler age, like maybe 5-6.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #43
khbordelon
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love Thomas! If my cousin hadn't named her second boy that, I would totally put it on my list of names for one of my LO!.
My DH has a whole "series" of Peter in his family . His Uncle is Peter Jr (he has a pHD so a lot of people call him Dr Peter!), his son is Peter III ( he is big so he is big Pete) and he has a son who is Peter IV ( Little Pete!)
I don't think it is a very common name right now and it is a good solid name. I obviously won't put it on my list of name but might have considered it otherwise!
Old 09-29-2010, 06:02 PM   #44
mom23boys
Registered Users
seller

I have a Thomas and I remember when the pediatrician came in to see us right after Thomas was born saying "Thomas, definitely a boy's name and not unusual, but we haven't had one in our practice in years!" That made me happy because it's a huge practice and for them not to have seen a Thomas was nice. We call him Thomas or TJ (middle name John) but I wasn't a big fan of Tommy/Tom etc.

There's now a Thomas on Amazing Race. But in my life I think I know 4 or 5 Thomas' total.

Peter is the same. . . not unusual but not really common either. Both are good solid boys names that could work if he's a sports star, an actor, a banker, a teacher, a musician - whatever he chooses to do. :-)
mom23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:08 PM   #45
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

i had a kindergartner last year named Thomas. My sister named her son Thomas (he passed at 16wks gest). My cousins name is Peter (he's 8).

I like the name Thomas.

If you want a J name...John, Jona, James, Jebidiah
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:14 PM   #46
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I ran Josiah and Jesiah by my dh and he axed both of them :P. He does really like Thomas however. I noticed a pp has a ds named Quentin...that's a nice name . I had actually considered that for one of my boys but had forgotten about it. It's now on the list, lol...until dh axes it. Thomas Peter would be a really nice name, BUT I don't like the initals Peter Thomas would also be good and those initals are pretty funny (PT-Petey...my last name starts with R...PTR...Peter, lol). Sorry if you didn't get it, lol. *I* thought it was funny! I also really like Shawn. It's so close to John and I love the name John, but that's WAY too common!
Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #47
mommyfrog
Registered Users

One Thomas in the 2nd grade and one Peter who is 5.
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:15 PM   #48
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i know three toddlers named Thomas that i can think of off hand.... on the Peter I can only think of one
Old 09-30-2010, 08:56 AM   #49
petesmama
Registered Users
seller

I have a Peter (19 months) and my brother has a Thomas (3 months)! lol-

My Pete is the one of the only ones I know and I have heard of a few other Thomas'...