Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-30-2006, 06:34 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
I wish my toddler had fat feet

All of the cute flexible toddler shoes are so wide! So far I've ordered See Kai Run sandals and had to return them and then I got 15 month old dd some Preschoolians which, even with the narrow insert, is too wide. Also the velcro on both the Preschoolians and See Kai Run just doesn't go tight enough to stay on her little ankles. I always thought she was pretty normal sized overall, but now I'm realizing that most babies must have chunky feet and ankles because these shoes are not fitting her!
Does anyone have suggestions for flexible shoes/sandals for a 15 month old girl with dainty feet? She's always worn Robeez or a pair of superflexible BabySmart leather shoes I found at Target (unfortunately, she's outgrowing her 5 and they don't make them in bigger sizes.) For summer, I'd like to get her some sandals with a rubberized bottom rather than the suede (her Robeez are constantly being washed because she steps in spilled bubble solution, mud, etc.!) I'm looking for something that is leather and can be easily folded in half, crumpled in your hand. Would love any suggestions!

dolphingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:56 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: I wish my toddler had fat feet

Sorry I don't have any suggestions, but I can say that I wished my ds has thin feet earlier this spring when old navy had their darling sandles on sale & I could only get his toes & chubby front of his foot about half way in the shoe!! Silly feet! I'm sure some other mamas will have some ideas though & good luck!
Jennifer, mommy to zander, 5/30/04 & maddie, 7/8/07 & lizzie 10/01/09
born at home, breastfed, cloth diapered, co-sleeping, gently disciplined & loved
Cleaning out the closets! New Cloth Wipes & Embroidered Shirts $6/dozen & /shirt!
mommy2zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 09:20 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: I wish my toddler had fat feet

my ds has chubby feet. Sorry. He wears Stride Rite walkers in a 5 wide. I did notice on the stride rite site they come on some pretty narrow widths. Just a suggestion. HTH!

Oh here is an example, these come in narrow. yword=
Courtney, wife to Matthew. Neurotic attached mom to Rosemary Elyse 12/11, Lucy Kathryn 12/07, Avery Jakob 7-05 and two tiny angels in heaven, Anthony & Grant
CourtneyinAlaska is offline   Reply With Quote