Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #1
claysMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Need some advice

I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant. I am about to take a preg test but I'm so worried that I am. Here's some background: I have an almost 9month old baby. I'm 18 (19 in Feb), I am living with parents still. Full time college student-this is my second year but I only have half the units that I need. I don't have a job but do have some money saved up. My fiance is broke broke but JUST got hired. It's only part time right now..

Basically I am freaking out because my parents will for sure kick me out. We don't have a car or anything (I have the money for it but haven't gotten around to getting one). I depend on my parents too much for rides and stuff. Anyways I just want some advice or encouragement from some older and wiser women on here..I really was hoping to get college done with before I have another. It's hard enough as it is right now taking 15 units with a baby. I'm not even working but feel like I should be..

Should I start working and drop a few classes? I'm hoping to start my own business or something but don't know where to start. I'm majoring in art and I'm very creative. I want to eventually teach art to kids but would this be something I could do being so young and having no credentials in it yet?

Any advice ladies?
Also..my main reason why I think I'm preg is because my uterus already feels rock hard. I also had this weird spotting whitish thing that I only had once before:when I was preg with the first.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

claysMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:05 PM   #2
TofuScramble
Registered Users
Formerly: DesertMomma

My Mood:
Re: Need some advice

Ok first.. don't freak out until you test!
If you are pregnant, don't freak out then either! We all go through rough patches in life whether 18 or 38.. it sounds like things are heading in a good direction with your fiance getting a new job. I would try to stay in school if at all possible.
Could you do side gigs like painting kids faces for parties and events? I mention this cause I'm hiring a face painter for my dd's bday party next month- I hired a guy a few years back and it was such a hit at the party- seems like a fun way to make a little extra cash if you're the creative type! the guy I used had glitter and did so much detail, they looked amazing!
I don't know what kind of art you do, but there are so many little gigs you could do on the side to bring in some extra cash.

I hope your parents wouldn't kick you out.. maybe if they see you guys working (you doing good in school) and saving money they will see you guys are serious about getting your life together and stuff.

Don't beat yourself up too much... seriously- the way the economy is MANY families are struggling, and for many it's temporary and things WILL get better- be positive, work hard, and don't beat yourself up!
Good luck mama!
TofuScramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
hippieintraining
Registered Users
seller

Agree with TofuScramble (ps - awesome name!) in that you should test before stressing. Stressing won't help the situation in any way! Maybe have a 'family meeting' with your fiance and parents to see how your parents can best support you through this. They may have some good advice as well. There may also be some resources for you in your community about starting your own business, or other part time work options, if that's what you're choosing.

GL!!

My ISO/IHA
hippieintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:33 PM   #4
claysMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you guys so much. I'm still kinda fearful about the future in general, not just about being pregnant..I took a test tonight and it was negative. I have another one I'll take in a week or two.

For now I just want to finish up school and I think maybe I will do some more art (mostly paintings and recently took up pottery). I'm hoping that later on I can give art classes to kids

I appreciate both of your advice. I am feeling much better now
claysMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:06 AM   #5
cacasey1981
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

As worried as you are about the prospect of being pregnant make sure that you're doing everything you can to prevent it from happening.

I know I would take it as a wake up call
Wife to Brandon - my high school sweetheart (Oct 00), delaying vaccs as best we can and WOH parents to Trent (Nov 08) our intact, formerly ERF, slightly son and Lilly (May 12) our , maybe one day , and (for now) daughter (my hypnobaby).
cacasey1981 is offline   Reply With Quote