Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2007, 02:58 PM   #1
Milkshake Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
spastic diaper changes!

Oh for crying out loud! I remember my first two boys having issues with changing time because they were too busy to stop playing and so on, but this little guy is making his life misirable! He absolutely has a fit, arches, cries, won't be still for second.
So many issues and I need help!
1. How do you change your bb's prefold quickly without the feeling that bb is being totured?
2. Partner won't do it because dp feels bb IS tortured.
3. DP HATES doing the cloth in general. Feels it's a pain, the prefolds are too fat, diposables are easier. (I think it's called lazy)

What's a crunchy momma to do?

Advertisement

Old 03-06-2007, 03:01 PM   #2
bug2003
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: spastic diaper changes!

I learned that I had to lay my leg across the chest in order to get them to stay still long enough to get the dipe on. Then the "torture" is over much faster. Good luck!
Old 03-06-2007, 03:08 PM   #3
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:

I have special toys only at the changing area for my ds and when I change him he plays with them....but then when he is done I oput them back, that way it feels like a "new" toy at changing time!! And other times Im just literally wrestling him to chnage him!!
Old 03-06-2007, 03:11 PM   #4
stephlynnette
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wrestle. It's the only way. My DS2 was CRAZY at changing time, and Logan's turning into the same child; he's rolling, on the move constantly. Am I ever in trouble when he really starts to crawl...it's one of the reasons our PFs just aren't getting much love anymore. I dyed them to make them pretty, so maybe we'll start using them again!
stephlynnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:22 PM   #5
RobinOK
Registered Users
seller

Are you sure we don't have the same son? My son is a nightmare to change. After bathtime is the worse because he is usually tired at this point since it's close to bedtime and sometimes it takes both me and dh to get is diaper on him and most of the time it's just aplix to fasten. Nothing difficult like prefolds. I feel your pain mama.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:14 PM   #6
gabby's_mama
Registered Users
seller

I do most of our diaper changes on the bed so I can pin DS down with my left knee and then use my right foot to hold the diaper in place, while I try to get that sucker closed up as quickly as possible. Once the dipe is on (we use a lot of pfs and some fitteds), I hold him and try to soothe him before I get the cover on - which needs to go on while he's standing up because if I try to lay him back down, he has a fit. . .and that's not so easy to do with a 6 month old who can't stand yet or lift up one foot/leg on command. For DH, it works to just make ridiculous monkey or hiccupping noises - that seems to always put the boy in hysterics. When mama tries to make silly noises, he just looks at her like she's crazy. GL mama!
Old 03-06-2007, 04:15 PM   #7
wimama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I switching back to all pockets. It shortens the time I spend Babywrestling my son.

A two part system or AIO with wiggly quick-dry soaker are too hard to get on him.

Also, I give him a something to play with. His brush and bugger sucker bulb are his favorites. Otherwise he spends the whole time doing baby wrestling moves and knocking everything off the changing table. If I am lucky I get the diaper on before everything hits the floor. It is a good change if only a few things are on the floor.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:01 PM   #8
KisaMomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Now I dont feel bad when I see DF holding down DS when he's being a pain at diaper time.. LOL! I thought he was being too rough and too harsh.. heh, I guess its normal then?
KisaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:35 PM   #9
mommyto3girls
Registered Users
seller

i let Sage eat butt cream. Seriously.

Her favorite it London Frog but she liek the Northern Essence as well.
mommyto3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:19 PM   #10
mimid
Registered Users
seller

My middle girls likes to roll over and play in the middle. I found that saying "stop" really loudly starteled her into paying attention and let me get some frustration out. Then I go into a rally bad version of "Stop in the Name of Love" complete with hand movements and dancing. She just lays there and stares at me like she has no clue how to respond. I can quickly get her cleaned and changed then.
mimid is offline   Reply With Quote