Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-01-2010, 02:09 AM   #1
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Basically....... finally it's Friday!

Advertisement

Old 10-01-2010, 02:31 AM   #2
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically....... finally it's Friday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebekahG77 View Post
I'm happy to report another day of nausea I never thought I would come to love nausea as I do, hehe.

Quote:
wfd: the tuna casserole I never made yesterday because dh took us out to dinner on a whim yesterday. I love that man.
Awwwww Jim's a sweetheart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Sketti consumed, DH coming home earlier than planned. Yay!

Glad you are human Macy. I was beginning to wonder. When my BFF came to visit, she brought notes she kept we passed in high school and also some letters I wrote her in college (remember, dinosaur days - no email, no cell phones, etc. We wrote things longhand, LOL.) As much as I laughed so hard I peed in my pants at those notes, I am SO glad that kid was not having her first baby at 18 like you. My story would not have been so happy, I'm sure. I was not that put together back then, and not even that put together now. Seriously, you inspire me to be a better person. I wish I could do half of what you do.

Janine, many thanks on the hat pix. That shows it perfectly, I can do that. Without a pattern. So the spikes are conical and not flat triangles, that makes more sense.
When I was 17 I was in the position where I nearly became the legal guardian of my younger sisters Naomi and Jessica. I decided it would be better for them to be in foster care because I just wasn't up to the responsibility. I love them so much but I still knew it wouldn't be good for them or me to keep them with me. I wasn't ready to be a parent. If they'd stayed in foster care they would have been ok but they went back to their mother I had to grow up quickly as a kid but still wasn't really to be mum to a 6 and 7 year old.

I think if you stuff the spike a little before you sew them onto the hat you'll see they sand up beautifully.

Quote:
We had a long discussion about what stupid means at the dinner table. Basically we decided stupid meant making bad choices, and even the smartest people do stupid things sometimes. Even DH. Which of course they wanted examples. Nice try, kids. I'm not going to let you set me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
Sigh. My french fries have all fallen apart in the oven. Frustrating.
Oh poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macyllehub View Post
Ooooo nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
MH has no CLUE what a loopsidoopsidoodle doll is so we are safe this year
mine dont know what any of the trendy toys are either They all just want a doll each. A regular baby doll.

[QUOTE=jwjbbrown;11346572]Nope Jess, a parent and two teacher are pretty pissed off.

Sure Mel
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

Quote:
One teacher came at me with, "Did Mr Schuster show you that NASTY book the students had checked out?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macyllehub View Post
Oh goodness. Thats crap Jenn. So sorry to hear it... Isn't it banned book week anyways? Shesh. Looks like a good book
Quote:
It is a good book...cover says for ages 4 and up. Better yet is the other book in the series which I also have
Its So Amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethannp View Post
What's banned book week?

I guess I can believe people are taking issue with that book, but it seems stupid. Maybe if more kids were educated about these things there would be less teen or even pre-teen pregnancy Obviously I'm judging a book by it's cover here, but it seems very tactful and appropriate.
It's sad that books are taken as they are meant. A book like that read by teenage boys for a giggle is not a great book but read together with parents as a teaching tool it is a GREAT book.

Quote:
My boots just arrived They are a bit wide but I am keeping them...SO warm and snuggly
with thick socks this winter they'll be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethannp View Post
Ohhhh that is lovely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisathena View Post
WE HAVE A HEARTBEAT 139-150 little stinker kept running from the doppler tho! LOL
That's great!!!!

Quote:
It happens Beth but us "Radical Militant" Librarians are out there protecting your right to read and your right to NOT have the FBI look at your library records and see what you are reading. Yep with the patriot act they have the right to ask for your records. Not right as far as we are concerned so now the head of the FBI under the previous administration labeled us as "Radical Militants" in an actually written memo...CRAZY.
Oh wow, I didnt know that happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaBex View Post
I hope the medication helps! There are different options too if this isn't the right fit for her, but ritalin is a good first treatment. If you ever have any questions about the meds at any time, just PM me -I did a bunch of my pediatric training with a pedi who specialized in ADHD so I'm familiar with them and the side effects, and how kids do on them

I'm glad your doctor is helping to get her school on board too -that will make such a difference!
Thanks Becca, I'll remember that....I'm glad to have you as a village member

Quote:
ALL of my sisters' midwives in the 80-90 told them that a glass of wine every now and then was fine.

Now funny story. Both my sister and my cousin had a child in college and both had a drunken lost weekend before they new they were PG. Both were convinced their entire PG that they had "pickled" their first child.

Quote:
you ever wonder if we would all be friends IRL
Quote:
That was me growing up too. Inhaling and having all the hairs in your nose freeze together. Waiting for the bus in -50 weather. Good times, good times!

Quote:
I prefer cold to hot. You can always add more layers, there are only so many you can take off
Me too!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragondance View Post
Esp in public
Exactly!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaBex View Post
k, DH has asked me to log off for a bit because he thinks DS is slowing down his connection to the clinic's electronic charts and he needs to looks at some lab results for his patients. I'll try to get back on, but if not goodnight!

and good morning Janine!
Good morning Becca!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragondance View Post
Night!!

Morning Janine!
Morning Faith!

Quote:
I tend to think probably not as well. Mostly because while day-to-day life choices, parenting styles, and religion don't necessarily matter so much on line, they certainly would in real life. I think that everyone on here would be IRL friends with at least one other person on the thread, but we likely wouldn't all hang out together.
I like to think we are all really open minded and it wouldn't matter too much at all but I think IRL we just wouldn't have the time to meet up and so I think we couldn't be as close as we are now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftysmith View Post
I'm fallin' asleep on the couch here, so bedtime for me. Good night!

Good morning, Janine.

Good morning Tif!

Quote:
IDK if I am as entertaining IRL. I am so weird. And I'm mostly shy. I force myself not to be for the sake of my children. But the older I get the more I don't care. I am okay with not talking and dressing the way I do and doing whatever I want to do, and don't notice or care how people react. I think all of you would be fun though. I would love to meet every one of you.
I get that too, I can be a bit bolder online than IRL and that helps with the shyness. I'd love to meet all of you too!

Quote:
Goodnight all the awesome, crazy, shy, loud, and funny B2B mamas. You all rock.

I'm headed to bed. Hopefully I'll sleep well despite my nap this morning. I'm feeling tired, so I doubt it'll be too much of a problem. E has school tomorrow, so it'll be an early morning for us.

Good morning Janine!
You rock too Mel!

Sleep well and have a good day at work tomorrow

Oh and Good morning Mel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisathena View Post
Pelvis is really hurting tonight? dont like it....
The SPD really will come sooner with this pregnancy. Try wearing a belt to support your pelvis.

Quote:
night all

Morning Janine!
Morning Jen!

Quote:
Here's my

I've been encouraged by you, touched by you, and loved by you. You ARE my friends IRL. You girlies are part of my real life.

Okay okay, maybe I'm getting sappy and sentimental. The truth is, the more time I spend with you ladies the more I love you all. Sappy? fine. Can't help it. Love you all!

I wish I could elaborate more, but my brain is done and I can't seem to get the words to match many more of my thoughts.

And with that, I'm gonna go veg on the couch and possibly fall asleep there. What was it Janine says?? Oh yeah, I'm shattered!!

Gnight!

Good morning, Janine
Awww I love you to Bekah! I know I would be a very sad and lonely person without you all. I'm happy to see each of you everyday.

This stuff with Shannon and Derry would be much harder to deal with if I didn't have your support.

Phew....that was a lot in my stoned state. I went to the doctors this morning and he said it's because I was under for a very long time. It should get better soon though. I have to go back in 2-3 weeks for an internal examination.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:54 AM   #3
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Fynn is in bed, so tired. He was snuggling up to my Bekah blanket and trying to go to sleep on the floor. Dinner is cooking, the leftover soup and some diced pork in the CP....some pasta added to it later and that's dinner good to go (ugh, that's what I get for watching food network)

I'm going to bed now too.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:42 AM   #4
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hope you had a good nap Janine.

MH has another nursing night. Tonight we will have to start re-breaking the habit since a week from now I will be in MN and and Jerry will be alone to deal with it all.

I have the bags packed for MH and the gym. Just need to get the lunches made and then get myself showered and dressed.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:54 AM   #5
erin13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi all!!!!

Janine, I love how you catch me up with you MQ in the morning.

I am just chilling out. Boys are still sleeping and Lacie is BACK to sleep and I have ME time.

Today is our town's HUGE fall festival craft day, but the weather is crappy and cold and rainy. I doubt we'll make it. I REALLY want some carnival food, so I will see if I can get someone to stay with the kiddos for a bit. Jesse's friend's family took him to the firetruck rides Wednesday night. It has been going on since this past Saturday and I haven't gone up at all. Kinda as me bummed since it is my favorite part of fall.

Work went really well yesterday. my office is a DIASTER and I hope they get it organized in the next month. I"m on the one month until I have to go back countdown. BOOOOOOOO!!!!!! [I do love my job, just hate the thoughts of going back....] haha
Old 10-01-2010, 06:00 AM   #6
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh man Erin I remember that countdown...it sucked!
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:04 AM   #7
bethsflutterby
Just a sinner saved by grace.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

G'Morning Mamas!

This morning was the first 1/2 way "cool" morning outside....LOVE it!

I am going to be buying Ana some Bambino Mio trainers (we have 2 already) She woke up dry 3 mornings in a row, and peed in the potty the last 2 mornings

Soon I'll have to get rid of my Large Imagine Prefolds and the few covers I have ....bitter sweet time. no more babies in my house!!!

I'm glad Beth is making me a jacket for Ana out of the wool I sent her instead of longies
David(11)Lolly(9)Maddy(7 on 8/25!)Yuyi(5.6) & Ana(4)

bethsflutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:28 AM   #8
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning everyone!

E is already off to school this morning. In about an hour I have to go to the doctor to try and get a note saying that I am in good health. They aren't taking appointments, only walk-ins, so I am going to go right when they open. Hopefully that way I'll be in and out quickly. I have lunch monitoring today, and Ru is off, so while I am at the school she is going to go and renew her health card. It's been expired for a while. Ooops!

This is the only day that Ru has off this week. She works Saturday and Sunday. Boo.

I hope you start feeling less foggy soon Janine!

Sorry about the all-night nursing again Jen.

that the weather is good for you at some point today Erin. Yummy carnival food!
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:28 AM   #9
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And, a lovely for you mamas this morning!

Last edited by lemurmommies; 10-01-2010 at 06:30 AM.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:50 AM   #10
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love the Fall fair here too Erin, I dont go anymore though. The prices have gone through the roof. I wont pay 4,50€ for one Lángos. Especially since they were only 2,50€ 5 years ago. It's such a shame, it always was a lot of fun but really we only went for the Lángos and if we aren't going to get one it's not worth going at all.

Looking forward to seeing the jacket Peggy.

Sorry about the rough night Jen

Have a good day at work Mel
I'm pissed at the hospital, this fog has a lot to do with liquid amounts (so said the doctor to me today) and they only gave me 1 bag on the IV on the day of the operation. That's only half a litre. During the night they did give me 2 more but it's just not enough. I asked for more but they just didn't give me any.