Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2010, 06:45 AM   #21
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's a lovely Saturday

Oooo DS is messed up today....mass double posts!

Advertisement

Old 10-02-2010, 06:52 AM   #22
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning all.

We are headed out in an hour for a hike with friends. We will be doing a geocach so that will be fun. Mh will get to play with Molly the yellow lab so she is super excited.

This afternoon she and I have a play date and Jerry gets to have a few hours off.

Quiet evening planned. Simple meal of sandwiches or quiche.

Sunday we are meeting my parents and going to a place to hike and hang out.

Somewhere in there we will do some laundry, maybe some cleaning, maybe bake something with my garden zucchini, nap, hang out, and enjoy each other.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:03 AM   #23
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Goodmorning!

I'm glad day1 of meds is going well, Janine!

Pancakes sound yummy, Ru and Mel!

Peggy and Tania!

Enjoy your hike, Jen!

Not much going on this morning. DH went to check out an estate sale. I hope he doesn't bring home a bunch of crap!!

The kids and I are just taking it easy, watching cartoons and playing stuffed animals.

DH wasn't crazy about my name pitch this morning.
I said Linus, and he said like the Peanuts? But, really, the Peanuts was popular when we were kids. Kids now days don't really know about the Peanuts and Charlie Brown, except for holday specials, right? And, even so, Linus was just a little kid with a blanket, right? When I think of Linus, I think of the character Linus Larraby, in the movie Sabrina, played by Harrison Ford. Which is another name I like: Harrison, or Harris. I could go on all day!
Oh well, I guess I'll keep it on the list and feel it out over the next 5 months. Plenty of time!

I actually had a dream last night, that we went to the 20 week u/s and the tech told us the early u/s were wrong, and that the baby is a girl. We named her after my grandmother (Eva Jane) and DHs grandmother (Josephine): Evangaline Josephine.

Last edited by stephcrouse; 10-02-2010 at 07:05 AM.
stephcrouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:12 AM   #24
bethsflutterby
Just a sinner saved by grace.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

oh crud. I didn't realize HOW bad my wardrobe (or severe lack thereof) really is. I don't have a single top I feel comfortable or look nice in...not even a t-shirt!

That's it...guess I'll bite the bullet and buy a few today along w/ some new undies for myself
David(11)Lolly(9)Maddy(7 on 8/25!)Yuyi(5.6) & Ana(4)

bethsflutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:12 AM   #25
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehologram1 View Post
Oooo new jacket? I wanna see.
Yes, new jacket. I love love love it. I don't have a picture of it on me right now, but this is the one I got. I got it in the alarming ombre stripe. It looks a bit weird online, but it's such a cute fabric in person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehologram1 View Post
So sweet that Mel gets breakfast in bed!
It was very sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
Ru you are a rockstar. Pancakes are a perfect way to test gluten...yummy
Yes, yes they are. I have now had two pancakes. Now I need to wait a bit and see how they treat me.

Ru is now off to work, and E and I have both had breakfast. Now we're watching a bit of Dino Dan on TV. E does love Dino Dan. There's an iguanodon. E is really pleased.

So I see that Ru didn't mention it on the thread, but E had an awful time falling asleep last night, and was up 8 gazillion times. He wound up in our bed at one point, but then wanted to go back to him room. He kept crying and saying he was afraid he was sick, but when we asked him if anything hurt or felt bad, he said no. Fast forward to this morning, and we found out what was wrong. When Ru and E brought me breakfast in bed, we talked to him a bit about why he he was sick, and the next thing we know he says "I'm afraid I am going to need my leg cut off!" Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. Yeah, turns out that his class watched a short movie about Terry Fox yesterday before they did their Terry Fox walk, and now the boy thinks he has cancer and needs an amputation. Looks like we'll need to do lots of reassuring today.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:17 AM   #26
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I have to buy new undies today too Peggy, all of the ones I have are too tight (boy short type), and feel uncomfotable on my expanding belly. Plus, they give me muffin top.
I just go a bunch of tshirts on sale at Motherhood, but am going to have to go back for some jeans and l/s stuff eventually.

for E and the rough night!
Old 10-02-2010, 07:20 AM   #27
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
Yes, new jacket. I love love love it. I don't have a picture of it on me right now, but this is the one I got. I got it in the alarming ombre stripe. It looks a bit weird online, but it's such a cute fabric in person!

It was very sweet!

Yes, yes they are. I have now had two pancakes. Now I need to wait a bit and see how they treat me.

Ru is now off to work, and E and I have both had breakfast. Now we're watching a bit of Dino Dan on TV. E does love Dino Dan. There's an iguanodon. E is really pleased.

So I see that Ru didn't mention it on the thread, but E had an awful time falling asleep last night, and was up 8 gazillion times. He wound up in our bed at one point, but then wanted to go back to him room. He kept crying and saying he was afraid he was sick, but when we asked him if anything hurt or felt bad, he said no. Fast forward to this morning, and we found out what was wrong. When Ru and E brought me breakfast in bed, we talked to him a bit about why he he was sick, and the next thing we know he says "I'm afraid I am going to need my leg cut off!" Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. Yeah, turns out that his class watched a short movie about Terry Fox yesterday before they did their Terry Fox walk, and now the boy thinks he has cancer and needs an amputation. Looks like we'll need to do lots of reassuring today.
Cute jacket.
I really really hope it's no the gluten..... for getting to eat gluten today though!!!!

I'm sorry about poor E thinking he is sick. I guess it means he understood what he saw and thought about it though so that's almost a good thing. I'm sure a bunch of the kids didn't think a second thought about the whole thing.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:20 AM   #28
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post

It was very sweet!

Cute jacket.
I really really hope it's not the gluten..... for getting to eat gluten today though!!!!

I'm sorry about poor E thinking he is sick. I guess it means he understood what he saw and thought about it though so that's almost a good thing. I'm sure a bunch of the kids didn't think a second thought about the whole thing.

Last edited by ~whitehologram~; 10-02-2010 at 07:23 AM.
~whitehologram~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:27 AM   #29
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hugs to E today.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:27 AM   #30
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning mamas! The whole house is clean, except for the master. I took some pix with the new camera, but it is dark and rainy outside so the lighting is not the best. Y'all can help me with rearranging, maybe artwork and stuff. I won't change anything today, but I finally feel like I'm at a place I can really do that stuff now.
Basement (three shots from different angles):

Love it, but there is only one electrical outlet which complicates things.

"Dining" Room, 2 views. We only use it for puzzles/boardgames/homework. I think in the original design, this was the living room. But at some point it was remodeled for a pool table and wet bar, so now all the cabinetry makes it way too narrow and too difficult to put living room furniture in it now.

Living room, which was probably the original dining room since it's on the same floor as the kitchen. It's not much different than the last time I posted a pic, a little less furniture and some lamps have been installed in the wall.

Kitchen, same as before but I have a rug covering up the ugly offwhite floor that always looks dirty

Eat-in part of kitchen. Normally there is only one table and three little chairs, and the other set lives outside, but today we have little guests.

I tried to take pix of the kids's rooms, but they are so small, and it's so dark today you can't see anything. On a sunnier day I'll take a 360 video so you can see.

The master is a total pit of despair. We've got a lot of clothing/etc purging going on in there ATM, it's depressing.

I'm glad the house is clean and picked up, but it looks so boring. I need stuff on the walls, and I'm not sure the basement is set up the way it should be. Hmmm....