Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
Riley-Madison
Banned

My Mood:
EF chat SATURDAY 10.2.10

I guess I'm starting the thread today

not going to be on here much today. I need to finish up some customs si I'll be glued to my sewing machine

hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Advertisement

Riley-Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:03 AM   #2
AlJo
Registered Users
seller

Re: EF chat SATURDAY 10.2.10

Morning! I'm watching my friend's son for a bit this morning and then no plans except to go for a run, work on a hat, and hopefully get going on the owlie romper. I finished DD's sweater last night. I love the pattern. It's so simple and classic.

I can't wait to see pictures of your customs! Are they all dresses? If I see any more pics, I'll probably start hounding you about trading for your last custom spot, though ...I'm just not nearly as good a knitter as you are a sew-er so I don't know that it'd be a fair trade!
AlJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
Riley-Madison
Banned

My Mood:

I'm sure we could work something out. hehe
no not all dresses. right now I am working on an outfit for a little girls 2nd birthday. its a peasant top and ruffle pants. too cute
Old 10-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #4
Riley-Madison
Banned

My Mood:

did you know that there is an actual chat room here? I just found out about it yesterday... neat.
I've decided that Im going to work out al of my customs details on there from now on. just to keep one convo from taking 3 days. haha. seriously, some people are SLOW to reply.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:55 AM   #5
luckymum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good afternoon ladies

Not much going on here this weekend....yardwork

I am watching my brothers LO's so that makes a 5yr, 3yr, 1yr and 6 month old. I have no idea how you mama's of mulitples do it. This teaches me respect!!! LOL

Have a great wekend everyone!
Old 10-02-2010, 10:57 AM   #6
PipersMomma
waiting on repsonse to FSOT issue! Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if you need help as well!

My Mood:

I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes people take forever to get back to me about details.

No big plans for today. I dyed some yarn for an andalusia for Piper earlier today and its drying right now. Im loving it. It turned out exactly how I wanted

Oh and working on customs today. I need to go to the LYS and get another needle bc I dont have one long enough for this wendy. Im going to finish up a pair of longies for a mama on here and maybe CO another project, but Im not sure what yet. Either a nb gift wrap romper or another pair of longies, or a 4/5 sluething.

Last edited by PipersMomma; 10-02-2010 at 10:58 AM.
PipersMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #7
Riley-Madison
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymum View Post
Good afternoon ladies

I am watching my brothers LO's so that makes a 5yr, 3yr, 1yr and 6 month old. I have no idea how you mama's of mulitples do it. This teaches me respect!!! LOL

haha, yep lots of kids is hard work.
ours are 12,9,6,5,4,10months and one due in jan ( the two youngest will be almost exactly 1 year apart)

phew.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #8
Riley-Madison
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersMomma View Post
I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes people take forever to get back to me about details.

No big plans for today. I dyed some yarn for an andalusia for Piper earlier today and its drying right now. Im loving it. It turned out exactly how I wanted

Oh and working on customs today. I need to go to the LYS and get another needle bc I dont have one long enough for this wendy. Im going to finish up a pair of longies for a mama on here and maybe CO another project, but Im not sure what yet. Either a nb gift wrap romper or another pair of longies, or a 4/5 sluething.
yea! i wish i could dye yarn, but im just too messy. sewing is more for me. keeps my hands clean.

I want a RHS for my ODD SOOOo stinking bad. hey aljo, up for makin' one
Old 10-02-2010, 11:03 AM   #9
AlJo
Registered Users
seller

Oh wow...I didn't know that. Where is it? I'm not sure if I'd ever use because I'm always getting up and doing things while the computer's on, but it'd be nice in some situations.

What kinds of knit items are you looking for...you know, IF you were looking for something
Old 10-02-2010, 11:14 AM   #10
AlJo
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymum View Post
Good afternoon ladies

Hope you have a great weekend, too! Yeah, I just have one and feel frazzled half the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersMomma View Post

A 4/5 sleuthing Yay on the yarn turning out perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley-Madison View Post
haha, yep lots of kids is hard work.
ours are 12,9,6,5,4,10months and one due in jan ( the two youngest will be almost exactly 1 year apart)

phew.
You are amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley-Madison View Post
yea! i wish i could dye yarn, but im just too messy. sewing is more for me. keeps my hands clean.

I want a RHS for my ODD SOOOo stinking bad. hey aljo, up for makin' one
I want to make one of those really bad, but they look hard Emily-do you think that a RHS would be too difficult for a somewhat newbie knitter? Do you have to be able to crochet?

ETA Never mind, I saw someone's project who garter-stitched the hood. Hmmm...I think I could do one...

Last edited by AlJo; 10-02-2010 at 11:21 AM.