Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 08:31 PM   #11
Mama'sPocket's Avatar
Mama'sPocket
Registered Users
Formerly: LizzieAG
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 926
My Mood:
Re: Positive Fetal Fibronectin Test... : (

The test is invalid if she checked up before doing the test. You can't be checked within 48 hours and then have a valid test result.

Advertisement

__________________
Wife to my knight in shining armor since 2001: Mama to ”Tigger" my big girl born in July 2004 , ”Rabbit" my big boy born in December 2006 , ”Piglet" my tiny girl born in March 2009
Coming in 2011 ~another little girl to fill our home with princess dresses and dance costumes.
Mama'sPocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:55 PM   #12
crazygirl31701's Avatar
crazygirl31701
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 656
Re: Positive Fetal Fibronectin Test... : (

I had a negative with my third pregnancy and he was born at 37 weeks. I had positives with my fourth pregnancy and I was induced at 38 weeks. I don't put much faith into the positives.
__________________
Jessica
DD Katy 13, DS Mychal 10, DS Aydan 4, DS TJ 3,DD Kylie 2
crazygirl31701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:20 AM   #13
LilOutlaws's Avatar
LilOutlaws
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 8,744
My Mood:
Re: Positive Fetal Fibronectin Test... : (

if it helps any, I hear the ffn has a HIGH (very high) false positive rate..
__________________
Jacklen - Wife to James, mom to M, C, and A
IHA: several halloween costumes, handmade soap, product photography, fitteds, Flips - try me!
ISO: Monster High (dolls, bedding, clothing size 6/7, etc) and an Ash Ketchum (Pokemon) costume size 5/6
LilOutlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:46 AM   #14
neanea's Avatar
neanea
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 5
My Mood:
Re: Positive Fetal Fibronectin Test... : (

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish3737 View Post
Yep - this!!

The positive is simply "not a negative". You want the negative because the negative is a 96% chance that you will not go into labor in the next two weeks. There is always the 4% chance with a negative - but that is still great odds.

So you really want a negative just because it gives you more information.

If you aren't dilating or effacing that is excellent.


Quick Question???? You aren't allowed to do a FFN until 24 hrs after any kind of vaginal activity (exam, sex . . . ). Did the doc wait??? If not that could be your positive.

I hadnt had sex or any exams when she did it!
neanea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:50 AM   #15
neanea's Avatar
neanea
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 5
My Mood:
Re: Positive Fetal Fibronectin Test... : (

Thanks everyone... that helps relieve a little stress! I am going to the doc today so hopefully everything is ok... : ) I will update later!

Thanks again for the reassurance, prayers, and hugs everyone! : )
neanea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:59 AM   #16
annb's Avatar
annb
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,858
My Mood:
Re: Positive Fetal Fibronectin Test... : (

I think a positive still means that there is only a 20% chance of going into labor.
The only thing my doctor does differently with a positive is that he gives a shot to help develop the baby's lungs just in case.
__________________
Ann
mom to Morgan 5/02, Elisha 5/05, Bethany 1/08, Joshua 11/10 & Kailey 2/14
annb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:00 PM   #17
CDNMommyofmany's Avatar
CDNMommyofmany
Registered Users
Formerly: CDN Mama of 4_08
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,546
Re: Positive Fetal Fibronectin Test... : (

I had a positive ffn last year while 28 weeks pregnant with my son, the next day my water broke, they were able to stop labour with mag sulfate, but it only lasts 48 hours...in that time I was given the steroid shots, and they stopped the labour again that 3rd day...then as soon as the 48 hours ended, my labour again started and I allowed the delivery to happen, I didn't want to keep being drugged up and my baby was fine, just small...he was born at 29 weeks 2 lbs, 14oz and is now 10 months (7 corrected) and perfectly healthy-over 18lbs now, crawling, eating solids, sitting...you wouldnt' even know he was early
The positive ffn means that the test detected that your mucous plug has detached from the opening of the cervix and has expelled (you lost your plug) or will be at any time. This is usually one of the first signs of labour...a positive ffn should always be redone every 2 weeks, the result is only good for 10 days.
__________________
Proud Stay-at-home-mama to 6 (including 4 preemies 29-35 weeks); who enjoys reading, homeschooling/unschooling and trying to make everyday as stress-free as possible for my 2 precious sons with Autism
CDNMommyofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #18
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 21,967
My Mood:
Re: Positive Fetal Fibronectin Test... : (

how it go? any update?
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.