Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2010, 11:35 PM   #1
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Basically it's Motivated Monday!!!

UP AND AT'EM MAMAS!!!
The week has started and we are all ready and rearing to go!!!

I'm slow and a little unsteady but I'm looking forward to getting a few things done.

Advertisement

Old 10-03-2010, 11:36 PM   #2
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Motivated Monday!!!

Morning Janine! I think I'm heading to bed.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:42 PM   #3
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Well, crap. Ginger just came up to tell me about what she wants for her birthday party. Chocolate cake with storebought chocolate icing, with blue writing. Juice and bananas and shiny red apples. Blue party hats and balloons and decorations. I'm reasonably certain we would have very few kids come, she hasn't been invited to a bday party yet so I don't think the kids here do them, they just have family celebrations. She went into great detail about all of it. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it.

Then I realized I don't really know what to get her, and it's six weeks away so I need to figure it out in case there's shipping times or whatever. So I ask her what presents she wants, and she says she wants them wrapped in blue paper and ribbon. So then I ask her what she wants to be inside, and she says "Mama, I don't know what's inside. That's what a present is, a surprise." So then I ask her what she wants to be inside, and she says....
a blue tea set. Nevermind that is is nearly impossible to get a non-breakable, child sized as opposed to doll-sized blue tea set. Her uncle has given them no less than 7 tea sets over the last five years, we keep cycling them out as he gives them. Sigh.
A zhuzhu pet like the hamster one she saw at a toy store (it took me a while to figure out what she was talking about, because she doesn't know it as zhuzhu pets and didn't tell me it was what she played with at the store a while back) only with bigger ears. IDK anything about them, or if they are still popular, or if they have anything like the hamster but with bigger ears, LOL.
And Upside Down Show puzzle. Pretty sure they don't exist.

Just shoot me.
Sounds like she has a clear idea of how her birthday should look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
Cheryl, why not have a party just with you kids and the family that you have had the playdate with so far? Do you think she's care how many kids came? Or just that it was a proper "party" with hats and cake and stuff? And when you said blue tea set, my mind immediately went to this one. Now, I know it's not just blue. But I have seen it in person and I really think it's cute.

We finished up supper and I cut both Ru and E's hair. Now they are in the shower, and when they're done they'll come down for dessert. Their hair will now look all spiffy for class pictures (which are Tuesday for E) and the wedding next Saturday. I have an appointment to have my hair cut and dyed on Tuesday morning. I haven't dyed my hair since before I get pregnant with E. Eeep! I just wanted a little change - I am only going to get semi-permanent dye.
That is cute.

Cant wait to see your new hair do....although I really like the length of it now. What colour are you going for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaBex View Post
good ideas Mel

I made good progress on my longies this weekend. I have now finished the body and grafted the gusset, and have a couple of inches done on the first leg. Too bad I didn't start making longies before his inseam got so long
Progress pics please

Quote:
I just checked my voice mail, and I'm not entirely sure but I think my mom just drunk dialed me from the East Texas State Fair to tell me Twisted Sister was playing live. I couldn't understand her over the noise.

Quote:
OMG...I think I just figured it out. It's the Texas State Fair (much bigger) and it's the POINTER SISTERS that are playing tonight. I was confused on how Mom would even know who Twisted Sister was. The Pointer Sisters, tho, that makes sense. That is one of Dad's faves, they get tipsy on white zin at weddings and make the DJs play it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
Yay for storytime! That sounds super fun. I haven't taken E to storytime in a long time. I really should. Bad bad librarian Mommy.
Would E be interested in story time? Are the stories interesting to him or would he rather just read his own book? I was wondering if now that he can read does he still want you to read to him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR2119 View Post
We had a fantastic day today I will share some pix tomorrow.

Love the socks Janine!

Mel!

I swear Cheryl, 2/3 of our pics come out the same way which is why we rarely get pics of them together!

Night all! Morning Janine!
Looking forward to the pics.

Thanks and Good morning Tania!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftysmith View Post
Alright, DH says bedtime. I don't wanna go to work tomorrow (I already said that, but I'm saying it again!). Whine whine whine.

Good night!

Good morning, Janine!
Morning Tif!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisathena View Post
Watching my sunday night tv about to have popcorn and pears

And i am not cute...haha i feel ick today...i have been nauseous all day long and tired.

Oh and ty fell asleep at 7:30 so he will prly get up when we wanna go down for bed...yikes!
You are SO cute! I wish I had a quarter of your cute! I love the nails pic!

Last edited by ~whitehologram~; 10-03-2010 at 11:48 PM.
~whitehologram~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:42 PM   #4
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragondance View Post
Morning Janine! I think I'm heading to bed.
Morning Faith....Sweet dreams
Old 10-04-2010, 03:29 AM   #5
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well I managed to get the girls up and dressed and Opa drove them all to school/kindergarten. I've made a loaf of raisin/nut salt free bread (well it should have had seeds but I didn't have any so I used a bag of organic nuts and raisins instead)....it's a funny recipe. It doesnt have any sugar or salt in it. I cant wait to see how it turns out.

Fynn slept well, he cried when the alarm woke went off but went straight back to sleep until 8:15am

Otherwise not much happening here. Mostly I've been helping Fynn remember how it is to just play. Sitting near him but letting him do his own thing. He is very stroppy if I walk out of the room and I'm not holding him....Oma held him a lot last week and now I cant do that which is why we are working on this.

He's doing ok with it. When it got too much for him I put him in his rocking char (with the kick stand out and gave him some bread to chew on and a little water to drink. Funny thing is when my kids kick off the best thing is to confine their free space.....almost like when you would hold them tight until the kids calm down only they dont want to be held. He likes to play in his play pen when he gets cross too.

Anyway, it's time for a diaper change and bed. I'll knit a bit more on this new sock (with really BRIGHT yarn) that I started while sitting with Fynn before I go to bed too.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:38 AM   #6
ruvalokiteshvara
Registered Users

My Mood:

Morning, Janine!

Up watching "Sky Monsters" about pterosaurs. (Isn't that just what we ALL do in the mornings? )

I am going to get Whiny McWhiny a snack. I think he is perhaps coming down with a little cold? Which explains the whiny and the sleep problems? I am hating the sleep problems!!

Okay, off to forage for snackage.

Freethinker - Free Ranger - Free for All
ruvalokiteshvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:46 AM   #7
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvalokiteshvara View Post

Morning, Janine!

Up watching "Sky Monsters" about pterosaurs. (Isn't that just what we ALL do in the mornings? )

I am going to get Whiny McWhiny a snack. I think he is perhaps coming down with a little cold? Which explains the whiny and the sleep problems? I am hating the sleep problems!!

Okay, off to forage for snackage.
Sorry about the sleep problems. Sleep is one of those things that make or break the day. You can cope with anything if you've had enough sleep.

I hope E is ok and you can all sleep better soon.

Last edited by ~whitehologram~; 10-04-2010 at 05:47 AM.
~whitehologram~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:53 AM   #8
ruvalokiteshvara
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks, Janine.

Everything is a little better now that we are both eating! E is having leftover pancake fingers and syrup. I am going to have a bagel and cream cheese. Maybe some ham.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:54 AM   #9
ruvalokiteshvara
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks, Janine.

Everything is a little better now that we are both eating! E is having leftover pancake fingers and syrup. I am going to have a bagel and cream cheese. Maybe some ham.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:54 AM   #10
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hear heavy footed elephants in the hall.