Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2010, 03:04 PM   #11
runzbarrel
Registered Users
seller

Re: Ladies I need your help and encouragement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie@Mom'sMilkBoutique View Post
So, he was just a bitty when he was born. My daughter is 2 and just 20 lbs. Some babies are just little. She is perfectly healthy and intelligent and active and always has been and always has been tiny.

If he doesn't look sick and lethargic and dehydrated, he's probably just fine. If you want to ease your mind, having someone else look at him and you latch is a good idea. Go to a La Leche League meeting or call a lactation consultant and have them look at him.
See I'm not to keen on going to the LC cause they pushed formula on me also! We have struggled with proper latching because he's sort of lazy But he's getting better. I've started doing breast compressions to ensure he's drinking enough and offering the "3rd boob".

I do know we weighed him last month (DH on the scale w/o him and then holding him, naked of course) and he was 9.6 on Sept 8. So he's gained about a pound since then.

Advertisement

runzbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:13 PM   #12
nangel5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ladies I need your help and encouragement

My DD is a "little girl" also. We get assistance from WIC and we see a dietitian every 3 months they are very supportive of breastfeeding and they assure me she is doing just fine. She is growing and thriving and is a very happy baby. Thats what I see and I am happy with that. You have to do what you feel is right for you and your baby!
nangel5 is offline   Reply With Quote