Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2010, 07:22 PM   #1
tamesis
Registered Users
seller

Disliking pregnancy, and feeling guilty....

Anyone else ever experienced this? Other than the little joys like feeling baby move (When it's not jamming an elbow in my ribs, or headbutting my stomach making me flash-puke), hearing the heartbeat, seeing babe on the U/S, i'm really not enjoying pregnancy. I worry about little things, more than is normal, I think anyways, I'm achy, I feel like a beached whale already (32w4d), I'm tired of having to pee like a racehorse, sitting on the can for 5 minutes just to squeeze out a tablespoon, always feeling bloaty/tummyachy, I could go on and on! I LOVE my baby, and will forever, and am SO grateful that we were so blessed to have an easy conception, and a relatively complication free pregnancy so far, and feel as though I should not have these negative feelings because others go through so much more....Make sense? Anyone else have these feelings, or suggestions for improving my attitude about the pregnancy? I've poured my heart out to a friend or two, and my Husband, and mostly people just don't get it, so it makes me feel even more selfish.
Thanks Mama's.

Advertisement

Old 10-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #2
bootiecutie
Registered Users

Re: Disliking pregnancy, and feeling guilty....

this comment was posted too soon by DD "helping", don't know hoe to remove it....

Last edited by bootiecutie; 10-04-2010 at 07:32 PM.
bootiecutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:31 PM   #3
bootiecutie
Registered Users

Don't feel guilty! any emotions during pregnancy are normal. Your hormones are all over the place, and every woman is different. I had times when I really did not enjoy having my body out of my control and not feeling like myself. Sometimes I felt like an alien was growing inside me. its hard to give your body over completely to that tiny baby!
I guess my only suggestion is to try to see the humor in the situation.

Last edited by bootiecutie; 10-04-2010 at 07:34 PM.
bootiecutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:41 PM   #4
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

just lurking..

I think you'll find that most people aren't just blissfully excited about every part of pregnancy.. matter of fact, you'll probably find plenty that aren't happy to be peeing every 10 seconds and not being able to get around or see thier feet.. lol

Personally, there's not much I like about pregnancy. Knowing I'm going to have a baby is about the only good thing. I hate the 501 doctor appts, the peeing, the puking, the tiredness, the soreness, even the things that are good in the beginning, like the movements and hiccups become annoying later on.. lol

Some people just don't like being pregnant,and that's fine. Not everyone has to like to it be "normal"
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #5
elioraimmanuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love having babies and being a mom, but I do.not.like.pregnancy. I am thankful each moment to be able to carry my baby, but it is never.ever.enjoyable. I am 41 and delivered my 4th child at age 40. My 1st was at age 27. I had hyper-emesis w/C1 and life threatening asthma. W/all of the others I suffered severe hip pain, sciatica, reflux etc. I don't sleep, can't breath and ache severly...all the time.

Not all emotions during pregnancy are normal. If you have suicidal ideation, depression or anxiety attacks, PLEASE, seek help!

But, Praise God that He is the giver of life and He has blessed me w/6 pregnancies and 4 of them are still with us. The hardest thing for me is "counting it all joy" and not "grumbling and complaining".

I feel you pain, Mama! I pray I'll be in the same boat, soon!

Last edited by elioraimmanuel; 10-04-2010 at 07:45 PM.
elioraimmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:48 PM   #6
tmwmommy
Registered Users
seller

I didn't like being pregnant. I think I slept more with a newborn baby than I did while pregnant. It was pretty miserable.
tmwmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:51 PM   #7
JoelleB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hated being pregnant!!! Don't worry about it! Seriously it will be over before you know it.. In fact with my last #4, i didn't even want to be pregnant in the first place (horrible to say, I KNOW) but she wasn't planned and my youngest at that point was only 3mos. old! I cried and cried for the first 5 months and then got my self together and tried to talk myself into wanting another baby, and sure enough, when she arrived i was overjoyed and I wouldn't trade her for anything! She's my little mini me and the only child i have that REALLY looks like me! ;-) So like i said, it will be over before you know it and make sure to write this down for yourself because when your LO is 2 you will say "Babies are so cute, i think i want another!" lol.. And then you can say "No way do i ever want to feel like that again!!!!" :-) But yes, there are other people that have felt the way you do now! The only way i felt good was when i was stuffing my face with ice cream! That was my weakness! find a weakness and whenever your feeling bad give in and indulge! you can only do it for so long! ;-)
Old 10-04-2010, 07:51 PM   #8
marlamae
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yea, i felt similar when i was pregnant. I just didn't like not being able to move easily. I've been the same weight since high school, so for me gaining 33lbs in 9months was so different and very uncomfortable ( i did have some kidney stones, but i'm use to those). I did have friends be like 'the morning after my baby was born i missed feeling them inside me!' After my ds was born i was so excited to be able to hold him and know that i could start getting my normal body back! My ds is 8 months now and i don't miss being pregnant!!

Some encouragement-- it's almost over!! and you'll be giving birth to a precious lo soon!!
marlamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #9
annb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hate being pregnant. It sucks. It's mostly miserable, well at least the beginning and end, there are a few ok weeks in the middle.
UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!
However, I do love babies. And I hope this little guy stays in until November.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #10
llamabeans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You give up the comfort of your body for your kids.
Man, it goes on and on, beyond pregnancy but I promise it's 100% worth it.

Oh and when you go into labor, think of how instantly ( I kid you not) you'll get rid of a lot of those symptoms after giving birth and let that power you through it. I've thought "my hipbones will be back, I can sleep on my stomach" through my last 2 labors.

"this too shall pass" repeat repeat repeat.

Last edited by llamabeans; 10-04-2010 at 08:29 PM.
llamabeans is offline   Reply With Quote