Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2010, 06:52 AM   #21
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Tuesday!

Melissa I love that quote too!! That is quite often how I feel!

Advertisement

TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:21 AM   #22
mamaBex
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by princemelissas View Post
do you think it would be good in roasted veggies? With some other veggies like carrots, squash, broccoli, cauliflower, olive oil and some spices?
maybe -I just find when they get that huge that they're not as flavourful so not so good for eating on their own, but maybe mixed in with lots of other veggies and spices it would be ok.

I think I'll start with bread, muffins and make zucchini pancakes for dinner one night this week, and then try to use whatever's left for grilling or roasting or whatever.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:30 AM   #23
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

wow, that's quite a morning everyone.

Cheryl....we have to clear out the summer stuff or we have the same issues even with knee height snow outside

Tania...sorry J is sick, Hope he feels better soon.

Melissa ...

Becca....I made these and everyone loved them. I think because they are quite cake/muffin like in texture you could freeze them and get them out one at a time as a treat for Malcolm.

Jen...I'm so sorry Jerry has bronchitis again. Poor chap, I hate it. I get it too and am always miserable with it.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:36 AM   #24
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Another morning of Elli whining, screaming and just general badness here. I don't know what the deal is, but I know it is not healthy for anyone, and I am really afraid I am going to hurt this child.

I am going to make an appointment with the pedi to talk about it. There has got to be something causing this behavior.

for everyone who needs them.

Not much on the agenda here today, just the usual stuff. And, I need to run to the grocery store at some point.

I got my hair cut yesterday, and DH didn't even say a word.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:38 AM   #25
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

Steph! Is she getting enough rest at night?
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:42 AM   #26
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaBex View Post
So, I have a giant zucchini in my fridge that's 2 feet long and likely only good for baking with -any fave zucchini recipes? I have a great zucchini bread recipe, but I don't think we need that much zucchini bread
when I have a zuchinni that big I do two things
think slice the smallest end and pan saute in EVOO with tomatoes and lots of pepper and some oregano then top with a mixture of Parmesan and mozzarella...yummy

The rest I grate until it is all grated then make zucchini bread/muffins and freeze the rest in bags that are the right amount for my recipes for baked goods. It freezes well grated.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:44 AM   #27
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I don't think anyone is getting enough sleep. Bedtimes are a disaster, so are mornings. And, I am exhausted enough to where I can't emotionally/physically deal with it in a calm manner, so I lose it and scream/yell/hit. This morning I took every toy out of her room and put it in my room, while she screamed and yelled about going to the bathroom and getting dressed. Apparently NONE of her jeans fit, she has no pants, and doesn't understand that she can't wear a mini skirt and short sleeved shirt to school when it is 40 degrees outside. She is so sensitive and picky. No socks feel right, her underwear are too small, no clothes match/fit, no shoes "work".

Things have been worse since I put the girls in the same room. I think they are keeping eachother from getting to sleep, getting a good nights sleep, and there is an audience for misbehavior.
I do not want to move them back, because I really need them to share a room. I guess I will try to move the beds further apart, and Avery will just have to stay out of the room until Elli falls asleep...

Last edited by stephcrouse; 10-05-2010 at 07:46 AM.
stephcrouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:45 AM   #28
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the hugs for Jerry.
He is just frustrated. He never gets sick and to now have had two cold and two bronchial infection in less than 6 months is bumming him out. He was warned that this can happen more often now that is seems to be a pattern. He want to know what to do to fix it. He is not a smoker so that is not making it happen.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:48 AM   #29
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Steph I know you are putting many more to bed then me but I can tell you that it was a disaster at bed time at our house until we started going to bed earlier. It was harder to get MH to bed when she was too tired. So we started earlier and now it is easier. Also could you lay out her clothes the night before. Then that doesn't have to be part of the routine. Maybe check the weather online the night before and help her learn what the temperature means and what clothes she should pick for that temp.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:53 AM   #30
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I think we will try an earlier bedtime tonight.
We actually did pick out clothes last night, but when it is time to get them on, there is always a problem.
I don't think it helps that the house is freezing (it was 63 on the thermostat this morning), so no one wants to get up and off of their beds.
I guess I need to head to Target today for some more stretch pants and maybe a pair of shoes. She just cannot tolerate jeans on her crotch or waist. And she has only ever had one pair of shoes that didn't bother her.
That is not normal right? I mean, most kids just wear what they have and don't have to whine and complain about everything always?
She is also uber shy, very sensitive to scary, loud, sad situations and just unable to cope with life in general.