Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2010, 05:20 AM   #1
chippybug10
Registered Users

Knitters! Hookers! Spinners! Dyers! WIP 10/5/2010

Morning!

Advertisement

Old 10-05-2010, 05:34 AM   #2
amberlyn87
Registered Users
seller

Re: Knitters! Hookers! Spinners! Dyers! WIP 10/5/2010

Morning
Old 10-05-2010, 06:21 AM   #3
PipersMomma
waiting on repsonse to FSOT issue! Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if you need help as well!

My Mood:

PipersMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:44 AM   #4
JessieV
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Morning!

My knit gallery My Ravelry
JessieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:46 AM   #5
lollytreeyarn
Registered Users
Formerly: staceyinohio
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hello everyone.
lollytreeyarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:50 AM   #6
TheLittleButtonBakery
Registered Users
Formerly: littlemonkeyfoot
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyLD View Post
Thanks tina!!

April, I totally agree. I have one (really close) guy friend and DH knows every time i even talk to him. They are even friends with eachother on FB. But do i know everything that goes on who whoever calls DH? No. I dont even know all the dam phone numbers in his phone. All of mine are labeled very clearly.. Basically because i will forget who they are!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELC Knits View Post
My husband just ended a friendship of 30 years because his buddy was calling me wanting to talk every time my hubby went to work. At first I felt sorry for him and then finally told my husband and he confronted him and told him it wasnt appropriate and when it continued and I told him, he told him that the friendship was done and my hubby and I swapped cellphones so if he did try to call, he got my husband. Apparently this had happened before with previous ex's of my husbands so he was dead serious about ending the friendship..
No good can come from a private or closed "friendship" with the opposite sex. After I got off of here last night I asked DH "If a man has female friends that he texts or talks to on Facebook or anywhere else and his wife doesn't know them or know of them, should she be concerned, even if there is nothing physical going on?" Without missing a beat he said "Yes. There is no reason a guy should have female friends without telling his wife." I then asked him "Now add in the fact that there have been issues in the past with straying." He said " Yeah, she should be VERY concerned". After that he summed it up like this- There is nothing wrong with having a friend. Men & women can get along great but once you are married the only person of the opposite sex (outside of parents and siblings) you should relate to in such a way is your spouse. There is no need to share personal intimate information with someone of the opposite sex other than your spouse. Its one thing to sit around and gab over what your hubby/wife did to tick you off with your female/male friends b/c they relate to you. Its another when you gab about that stuff with a male/female friend b/c they comfort you. And that builds emotions and leads to things etc. When you have a friendship with someone of the opposite sex it needs to be kept to the basics of life or your asking for trouble. Wether it affect the emotions of yourself, your friend or your spouse SOMEONE will end up hurt by an friendship that goes too deep. Being a married man or woman and having alot of friends of the opposite sex (especially ones your spouse doesnt know about) increases the odds that something is going to happen. I agree with my DH. I have yet to see a friendship like this that is actually a friendship only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippybug10 View Post
Morning!
Your ISO makes me giggle

Last edited by TheLittleButtonBakery; 10-05-2010 at 06:54 AM.
TheLittleButtonBakery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:58 AM   #7
lollytreeyarn
Registered Users
Formerly: staceyinohio
seller
seller

My Mood:

How long for a custom? I normally try to knock them out pretty quick, so maybe my expectations are unrealistic. I am waiting on a few items and am really wanting them to arrive. I emailed the person back on august 24th and placed the order and paid the same day. Then I sent a follow up email Sept 22 and she said they were done and she would get me photos and print shipping that same day, and still nothing.
I hate to be a pest, but would you email her again?

ETA~ this is something being sewn, not knitted

Last edited by lollytreeyarn; 10-05-2010 at 07:03 AM.
lollytreeyarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:04 AM   #8
PipersMomma
waiting on repsonse to FSOT issue! Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if you need help as well!

My Mood:

I would Stacy. Just say Hey just checking to see if you did ship on the 22nd as I havnt gotten a dc number and it hasnt arrived yet.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:04 AM   #9
JessieV
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollytreeyarn View Post
How long for a custom? I normally try to knock them out pretty quick, so maybe my expectations are unrealistic. I am waiting on a few items and am really wanting them to arrive. I emailed the person back on august 24th and placed the order and paid the same day. Then I sent a follow up email Sept 22 and she said they were done and she would get me photos and print shipping that same day, and still nothing.
I hate to be a pest, but would you email her again?
I always give an expected start date for each custom and it takes me about a week to a week and a half to finish and get it washed/blocked. I sent picture updates along the way though so you know exactly where I'm at in the process. I would definitely send her another email, Sept 22 was 13 days ago.....that's a long time for you still not to have it.

My knit gallery My Ravelry
JessieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:05 AM   #10
PipersMomma

My Mood:

If there isnt a waiting list, I usually expect 2-4 weeks. And that is what I tell people who want things from me. Of course there are things like longies that I can get knocked out in 1-3 days, but I dont want to tell them that and then NOT get it done bc the kids were sick or something else happened so I always say 2-4 weeks no matter what. And then there are things like massive sweaters that take more like 3 weeks.

eta: also incase i have a frog a gazillion times.

Last edited by PipersMomma; 10-05-2010 at 07:13 AM.