Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #11
Mk13
Registered Users
seller

Re: "Healthy spoesies" ... Earth's Best vs. 7th Generation ... help me choose ...

Looks like I'll try Nature Babycare since that one seems to be the favorite? ... Not a bad price through Amazon with the subscription. Too bad there are no more 20% off coupons for this month . Too bad I can't to any real life testing right now because DS2 has a really bad red rash since yesterday. So I have to wait till it clears up to test anything new.

Advertisement

Mk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #12
aLittleBouncingSoul
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: "Healthy spoesies" ... Earth's Best vs. 7th Generation ... help me choose ...

I prefer Earth's Best. They are so absorbent.
aLittleBouncingSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:38 PM   #13
LittleTadpoleDesigns
Registered Users
Formerly: littlest_one
seller

My Mood:

I've tried 7th Generation, Broody Chick, Nature Babycare, and Moltex Oxo...

7th generation - like the colour (silly, but a point since I like "plain" diapers), like that they are narrow as my son is very lean, don't like the feel and found absorbancy okay but nothing amazing. Don't like that they aren't really "eco" in that they still have plastic.

Broody Chick - my FAVORITE! Like that they are soft material, find absorbancy good for overnight (my son is a heavy night wetter), they are trim, and plain. I shop around for the best price and usually buy in bulk.

Nature Babycare - I got samples of these to try and they were okay. Not the top, but a good one. I liked the little leaf stamps on them (silly again, but I thought they were cute for a sposie). I didn't like the feel of the diaper. They are somewhat stiff and the tabs don't stick to the body of the diaper itself which I didn't like for disposing of them because I roll them up pretty tight and then they wouldn't stay together (again, silly perhaps). I honestly can't remember about absorbancy, but I only had four to try.

Moltex Oxo - expensive and, while claiming to be for very heavy wetters, I actually found the Broody Chick better. If you can find them cheap, they are a good eco diaper... but personally I don't think worth the cost (though they do come in a bigger bag than most eco diapers so that has to factor in).

Bottom line... Broody Chick are awesome, but I'd say Nature Babycare would be my second choice of the ones I tried.
LittleTadpoleDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:29 PM   #14
onegratefulmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Anyone heard about Grovia's Biodiaper? Sounds like it might be alot like the Moltex Oxo?

http://www.gro-via.com/product.php?pID=100053&cID=183

It seems it is either out everywhere it is supposed to be sold or has not come in yet - except for Costco which sells it in a large package - not individual packs. Supposed to be compostable (not the elastic part!) and free of plastics. I saw one review from a non CD person who indicated "The lining, core and waterproof outer are free of harmful chemicals and are made of biodegradable and compostable materials. They are also fragrance and dye free. Plastic and Chlorine Free. G.E. Free Oeko-Tex 100 Certified"

Here is a link to the review for what it is worth:
http://www.jessicascoupons.com/2010/...rs-review.html
onegratefulmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:32 PM   #15
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

I like Nature Babycare. We've only used sposies a few times, but when we did those are what we used. They worked fine for us. Though we did have a blowout within the first 10 minutes of DD wearing her first sposie (but that was user error because I bought the wrong size not knowing what size sposie DD would need).
Old 10-09-2010, 08:16 AM   #16
onegratefulmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

This post got me thinking about how "healthy" these diapers really are and I was able to look at a few packages in my local diaper shop and found that the biosoaker has 3g of SAP in them, and flips list 2-5g of SAP on their package. So I wondered what the SAP content was of the other diapers folks mentioned. I can't figure out what conventional diapers contain. I contacted the companies below if I could not find the info on the companies website and so far Broody Chick responded (3 g) and Earth's Best told me: "Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding our Earth's Best Diapers. We strive to maintain the highest quality products and appreciate your patronage. Unfortunately, the information you requested is not available at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience." So that makes me a bit concerned. Here is a rundown of what I gathered - can anyone fill in the rest? If and when I get responses I will update:

Earth’s Best – won’t disclose
Tushies – SAP free
Flip disposables 2-5g SAP
Biosoakers/biodiapers 3 g SAP
Seventh Generation 5-15g SAP
Broody Chick 3 g
Nature Babycare diapers ?
Moltex Oxo ?
Bambo ?
g-diapers 5g SAP
Old 10-09-2010, 08:54 AM   #17
Mk13
Registered Users
seller

Wow, that's a lot in 7th Generation.

Personally, I went wit CDs because of DS1's eczema and DS2's serious reaction to Pampers when he was just couple weeks old ... so I don't mind using sposies while we're on a trip for 4 weeks ... the real issue for me is what to take that won't case my younger one to break out in rash. I LOVE how 7th generation is (and doesn't give him rash) but I HATE how they leak through for us. I tried Earth's best on him couple times in the last two days and they seem fine but I think it's only because I've been going switching between CDs and sposies so he hasn't had much chance to react. I'm going to order a pack of Nature Babycare and see how they'll work and then I guess I'll make a decision. I am not even considering any of the hybrids/biosoakers ... I tried couple times and they leak everything everywhere for us and I'd still have to do diaper laundry with those. I could never use a shell more than once.

I didn't realize Tushies were from the "healthy" group too ... are these any good?
Old 10-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #18
onegratefulmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think the SG varies by the size of the diaper (guessing size 1 has 5 grams - toddler pull-ups probably the 15g?). I remember trying Tushies about 5 years ago with my DS and they typically get pretty bad reviews - they are not very absorbent - made of wood pulp and get to be kind of like a board - I would put a wool soaker over them I recall - but our local co-op does not sell anymore. I tried to find Nature Babycare - went to Target, ToysRUS and BabiesRUS and could not find. Just trying to plan ahead for a long road trip over the holidays and would prefer to buy something locally.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:46 AM   #19
Mk13
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegratefulmama View Post
I think the SG varies by the size of the diaper (guessing size 1 has 5 grams - toddler pull-ups probably the 15g?). I remember trying Tushies about 5 years ago with my DS and they typically get pretty bad reviews - they are not very absorbent - made of wood pulp and get to be kind of like a board - I would put a wool soaker over them I recall - but our local co-op does not sell anymore. I tried to find Nature Babycare - went to Target, ToysRUS and BabiesRUS and could not find. Just trying to plan ahead for a long road trip over the holidays and would prefer to buy something locally.
both my boys are super soakers so I guess Tushies are out of the question then. I've been only buying sposies from Amazon lately since the prices are so much cheaper with the 30% off you get with their subscription. Plus I got another 20% off Amazon diapers coupon in my November Parents magazine (yay!!!) so I think I'll just use that to get the Nature Babycare to try out.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:16 AM   #20
g&g
Registered Users

My Mood:

We were using 7th Gen and DD kept getting a bleeding diaper rash so we switched to cloth. Never tried Earth's Best.
Katy, outnumbered Marine wife/mom/geologist to a spunky Hoo, a sweet Pipes, with #3 due in Aug, and 2 crazy wiener dogs, Graben and Gabi.

g&g is offline   Reply With Quote