Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2010, 10:20 AM   #21
lamamaloca
Registered Users
seller

Re: "Healthy spoesies" ... Earth's Best vs. 7th Generation ... help me choose ...

Seventh Gen aren't really any better than conventional disposables -- the color is an added dye. The other dipes are usually made of a higher percentage of natural or biodegradable materials, although some aren't much, if any, better than standard brands. No diapers sold in the US are bleached with the dioxin causing elemental chlorine.

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2010, 11:45 AM   #22
Mk13
Registered Users
seller

Re: "Healthy spoesies" ... Earth's Best vs. 7th Generation ... help me choose ...

I didn't know about the added dye in 7th generation? Interesting! I just like how soft they are and that they haven't caused my son to have any reactions as opposed to a lot of other sposies we tried. So I guess the "healthy" ones aren't really much healthier but rather more earth-friendly? ... ugh ... why can't anything ever be simple! lol
Mk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #23
mamahen
Registered Users
seller

I've never wanted to use sposies ever. We even just did a road trip with flats and a few pockets with great success. But my sister just got engaged and it's going to be in Mexico. I'm thinking I do not want to spend my time in Mexico doing diaper laundry.

ETA- I've also never looked into G-diapers. would these be good too? You'd just have to hand wash the covers every so often? I'm assuming they're like the Grobaby with the biosoaker?

Please rear face your child to the max- their lives could depend on it.

Last edited by mamahen; 10-09-2010 at 01:00 PM.
mamahen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:57 PM   #24
KingsDaughter76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use Earths Best brand whenever we need a sposie- no leaks and the fit is great!
Kellina ~Wife to a Cowboy & Christian Homeschooling Mama to 9 kids and YES we would love to have more! Baby #9 is here!! IT'S A GIRL!! Born Oct 1st 2014!!
Forever missing my 7 m/c babies now safe in the arms of Jesus EARN Amazon giftcards for FREE!! Click to sign up for SWAGBUCKS!!
KingsDaughter76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #25
hippiechick77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk13 View Post
both my boys are super soakers so I guess Tushies are out of the question then. I've been only buying sposies from Amazon lately since the prices are so much cheaper with the 30% off you get with their subscription. Plus I got another 20% off Amazon diapers coupon in my November Parents magazine (yay!!!) so I think I'll just use that to get the Nature Babycare to try out.
You can also get a deal through diapers.com. i think I got a coupon in Parents magazine for 10% off and free shipping (over $49) for new customers. I also use NatureBaby Care when necessary and love them for my super soaker. I like taht they are more breathable and use corn base vs petroleum. No bleaching or chemicals either. I would like to try a 100% biodegradable sposie but they are usually just too expensive and these are pretty close.
hippiechick77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:18 PM   #26
madiganandpupsmom
Registered Users
seller

I've read awesome things about new Attitude diapers!! They are the most biodegradeable dipes on the market and don't contain the SAP (made from petroleum products). they are supposed to be very absorbent and soft and they are a canadian company but you can buy them from amazon. I currently have 7th gen and they are ok, but I think I will get these the next time I need sposies. I've used nature babycare but they do feel stiff and i've heard the closure tabs dont' work great for bigger sizes?

Anyway, I've also heard really good things about Broody Chick, though those do contain SAP. Still, I thought 7th gen were very "greeN" and they really aren't as good as I thought, so since I only occasionally use sposies, I think i'm going to spring for the Attitude dipes next!
madiganandpupsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:19 PM   #27
madiganandpupsmom
Registered Users
seller

I've read awesome things about new Attitude diapers!! They are the most biodegradeable dipes on the market and don't contain the SAP (made from petroleum products). they are supposed to be very absorbent and soft and they are a canadian company but you can buy them from amazon. I currently have 7th gen and they are ok, but I think I will get these the next time I need sposies. I've used nature babycare but they do feel stiff and i've heard the closure tabs dont' work great for bigger sizes?

Anyway, I've also heard really good things about Broody Chick, though those do contain SAP. Still, I thought 7th gen were very "greeN" and they really aren't as good as I thought, so since I only occasionally use sposies, I think i'm going to spring for the Attitude dipes next!
madiganandpupsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:09 PM   #28
mamahen
Registered Users
seller

bump for any other advice/reviews

Old 10-10-2010, 01:50 PM   #29
Mk13
Registered Users
seller

OK, so, I've decided to try the Attitude diapers. Since I had the 20% off Amazon coupon and used the subscription, I got 120 size 4 diapers for $24.99 ... not at all bad for "healthy" diapers! Hopefully they'll work ... or at least not cause any rashes and major leaks! Thanks everyone for your input!
Mk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #30
mamahen
Registered Users
seller

I bought some Tushies at our local market. fit WEIRD! I'm ordering some Nature Babycare from Amazon for when we're gone. Hopefully they'll work!