Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm feeling sick all the time

It's so hard to function. Is there anything that I can do? I've heard of ginger, but where do I get it (and in what form). What else can I do? I'm serious, it's constantly. I can't even clean the house and it's hard to even go out (which I *need* to do because of the kids).

Help!

Advertisement

Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I'm feeling sick all the time

Nothing helped me. I tried all forms of ginger, herbal supplements, cola syrup, ginger ale, nausea tablets... everything that was safe to use, I tried. I would actually wake up in the middle of the night to vomit bile.

My OBGYN wrote me an Rx for something to help with that (there are a couple things you can take). But since I was already 12 weeks, I figured I would just tough it out for the rest of the time I was nauseated. BTW, I was sick until I was 16 weeks.

Sorry you have to go through this!

ETA: One of the Rx medications you can take makes you sleepy, so don't take that one!

Last edited by *Peanut*; 10-05-2010 at 02:01 PM.
*Peanut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #3
gracenglory75
Registered Users
seller

Like Peanut, none of what they tell you to use, worked for me. NONE of it. I have ended up on prescription Zofran because of non-stop vomiting. Hate taking meds like this, but week 22 and I still need them or I throw up too much and get dehydrated. If you aren't opposed to meds, you may want to ask your Dr about what you can do. Some do Zofran, some do a Unisom/B6 combo. . .

Good luck Mama!
Chuck's Bride. BF'ing, delayed vacc'ing, no circ'ing, CD'ing, gardening, natural living Mama to Miracle and Mason (2/7/11) with two angel babies, Daniel (8/05) and Nathaniel (7/13/09 ruptured ectopic pregnancy)
gracenglory75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:50 PM   #4
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies! I haven't thrown up yet, but I'm just sick feeling all the time. I'd rather not take prescription drugs while I'm pregnant, but maybe I'll have to look into other things.
Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:56 PM   #5
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2cntrykids View Post
Thanks ladies! I haven't thrown up yet, but I'm just sick feeling all the time. I'd rather not take prescription drugs while I'm pregnant, but maybe I'll have to look into other things.
Sometimes that is just as bad if not worse. Sometimes after you finally throw up, you get a little relief. Some women like those bracelets for nausea. you can try that too!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #6
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

I found that eating little bites and never going hungry help some. I am a few days short of 36 weeks of constant nausea and still haven't found much to help. I have been on Zofran since 10 weeks it helps reduce/prevent vomitting. Pressure bands helped some.
As far as getting stuff done, my house has severally suffered. Can't hardly cook anything without getting sick and DD has watched more TV since I have been sick. I guess try to take comfort that there are others that are constantly nauseous and some that are super sick. FX that things improve for you.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #7
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:

Nothing helped me either. But at 16 weeks its almost gone away. Just repeat "This too shall pass" and realize that a dirty house isn't the worst thing in the world.
Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #8
amanda_rocks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I loved these http://www.threelollies.com/index.htm and mint tea helped, glad to be past that stage however I think I would prefer feeling sick compared to the feelings I have lately LOL good luck!! maybe some gentle acupressure would help.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:13 AM   #9
MyKylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You can get ginger root extract from any drug store or Target or Walmart. You can try ginger ale (but check to mnake sure it has real ginger) You can try motion sickness bands (accupressure bands) If you have a nautral foods store, look for a morning wellness tea. You can try a B6 supplement. I agree that the nausea can be worse than actuallly throwing up! If anything sounds good to eat, I'd eat it. I know they say saltines and what not, but saltines made me sick just thinking about them! I ate things like pears and mashed potato. If you aren't vommiting and are still able to keep water and food down, I wouln't go the Zofran route. I didn't get Zofran until I was vomiting water for over 24 hours. Good forbid you get bad enough for that. It is expensive and many insurance companies won't cover it until you've tried Phenagren and Reglan first. Reglan might help. Phenagren makes you very sleepy.

K R M
MyKylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:19 AM   #10
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

I tried eating small meals and soda crackers and all that stuff too. NOTHING helped. Like I said, I would wake up during the night to vomit bile. Every night. Here is what made me vomit more: warm showers (so I threw up every time I took a bath), the smell of people, anything acidic (lemonade, OJ, etc). Every time someone would get close to me, like in the super market, I would cover my mouth and run away with a grossed out look on my face.