Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2010, 01:25 AM   #1
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Basically it's Woolly Wednesday!

Advertisement

Old 10-06-2010, 01:36 AM   #2
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Woolly Wednesday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
Macy MH is fine...her Momma is a bit of a mess worried about going to MN for Thursday-Monday alone.

Also found out this afternoon our besties are moving Monday. They have been trying to sell their house since June and are now sick of living in limbo so they are headed to Oklahoma to rent a place on Monday. They are retired and own their home outright so the rental wont hurt them financially. They are our Sunday morning hiking buddies, have been there for the big and little things in our lives....I know it is good they are getting on with their retirement but still makes me sad.

They are waiting until Monday to leave so Jerry has help with MH this weekend...so sweet
I'm sorry your friends are leaving but it is very nice that they are staying to help with MH over the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
I've kept in touch with my old student leadership advisor from college (like what Erin does) on Facebook, and he has evolved to a single man living in SoCal living independently writing books, blogging, etc. Anyway, he said this week he was going to steal different FB friends' posts and pass them off as his own, and everybody he used would go into a drawing for a copy of his latest book. Anyway, someone else said they were doing the same thing, but has a lifestyle more like mine, and shared some of the posts she lifted. The best one yet was

If motherhood was a "real" job, I'm pretty sure I would have been written up by HR

And just to be snarky, he stole one of my posts today just because I told him the thought of him trying to pass off one of my posts as his own made me giggle. You know, because I only post about my kids, my crocheting, and what I am having for dinner. And I am aware that's all I do and I'm ok with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcrouse View Post
I tried to get Elli in bed by 7:30, but it just didn't happen. But at least we were done with bedtime routine and lights out at 7:45. I went back to check on her at 8:10 and she was still awake. I'm not sure if she waited on Avery to come up, but at any rate, she was asleep when I went to check at 8:30.
I snapped at DH and told him to go away from me. I am such a B!
I am making myself go to bed early tonight! I think I am tired, dehydrated and malnourished. I am very weepy and just overall depressed today.
My mom is coming tomorrow, so maybe that will help me get things in order and snap out of my funk.
I was hoping for Faith news...
We start our routine at 7pm and the kids are in bed and lights out at 7:30pm.....usually they are asleep by 8pm bu there are times when it takes longer.

I'm sorry Steph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macyllehub View Post
lots of laundry and knitting in store here as well. I think we're going to watch Magic School Bus and have a folding party

all the while, declan is playing in the brand new full bowl of dog water. I guess thats one way to bathe yourself. Oh well, its clean and this kid crawls crazy fast!
Awwww sweet! It's fun to splash about in water!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
I miss my dishwasher. That and the A/C are the only things I miss from the old house.

I am watching Biggest Loser and waiting or Ru. Then it's time for Parenthood, then bed. I think I have to run an errand tomorrow morning, to get an Ikea gift card. We were thinking of doing an Ikea card as our wedding gift for Saturday. Does that sound totally dorky?
Sounds like a good gift to me.
I would die without my dishwasher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR2119 View Post
I am so freakin exhausted but I wanted to see if we had a Faith update! Guess not though!

I watched the season premiere of SVU on my DVR tonight with dh. I was supposed to c/o C's longies but I forgot! Oops!

Gonna shower and go to bed!

Night all! Morning Janine!
Morning Tania!

Quote:
This is her on IMDB....she is my Mom's sister and my godmother!
I've seen her in lots of things, she is very good!

Quote:
we would need marriage counseling without it really dishes are the only thing we cannot see eye to eye on. He doesn't mind washing them but can wash once every few days....I hate seeing dirty dishes. I load it when I am doing them, he often hand washes. I HATE DOING DISHES!!!!!
I really would be nutso without my dishwasher. We didn't get ours until just before we had Derry. I told Heiner there is no way on this earth I can take care of both girls (keep in mind how Shannon was, melt down city didn't start when she started school. She has been like that since she was born....the nurse still remember her and said to me when I went in to have Fynn how they felt bad for me when I took Shannon home) and keep up with the house and dishes. I was the only person who did the dishes ever here. I used to cook as much as possible in one pot. When we got the dishwasher I started backing again and making a much wider variety of food too.

Quote:
night all

Morning Janine!
Morning Jen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumstoppers View Post
I"m here searching for some christmas things to make for the kids...

I have so many ideas for Hailey, but not so much for everyone else.
I have lots of ideas for girls too but not so much for boys. IDK what I'm going to do for Fynn in future years. This year is easy enough but it's going to get harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy View Post
here was my belly today - deffinately growing
Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy View Post
i took blurry stash pics today too and i realized i have many pull on covers - and whats funny is that i end up using them all so its worth it to have them but oh my i have covers. 9 nylon pull on covers + 2 so simple pull on covers and 1 cowboy. Plus then i still have a couple wraps - sheeeesh. Which means I barely have more diapers than i do covers

out of the dryer:

covers:

pfs and woolies:
nice stash!
Old 10-06-2010, 01:36 AM   #3
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Still dying to hear from Faith. I really hope she is ok.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:27 AM   #4
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I cant sleep. Thought I would check on Faith. Wish we had some news, I hope everything is OK.

OK, MH is stiring off to bed I go
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:32 AM   #5
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Goodmorning
I've been up since 4am when DH pushed the garage door button about 10 times, trying to get it to go down. Uh, obviously something is blocking the sensor, or you kicked the wire loose again like last time. You might have to get out of your car to look! Duh!
And, it's freezing in here! The heater just finally kicked on!
My hips are killing me, I should just go ahead and get up...
Old 10-06-2010, 03:34 AM   #6
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Ok, so I was able to send back the yellow-orange cotton schluttli for store credit. Now I have to decide...bid on this one, or grab a custom yymn slot?
http://hyenacart.com/kumfykozies/index.php?p=64384

Considerations: this one is a 3-12 month size, so may fit large at nb stage and again in fall/winter. Or I cold have a custom one made for nb/xs stage only or for B!

Last edited by stephcrouse; 10-06-2010 at 03:36 AM.
stephcrouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:23 AM   #7
maman08
Registered Users
seller

I really need to go do some more unpacking while both boys are asleep, since DS2 never sleeps for more than an hour. Today started out really rough, but we pulled it together by mid-morning. Poor DH, when he left this morning I was crying because DS1 was being such a snot, DS1 was crying because he had been sent to his room for the 50th time today, and DS2 was crying because he was hungry and couldn't focus to eat because of all the noise DS1 was making.

Has anyone heard from Faith?

Steph, on the rough day yesterday and the early start this morning.

I haven't read through yesterday's thread, just wanted to say hello!

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:40 AM   #8
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcrouse View Post
Ok, so I was able to send back the yellow-orange cotton schluttli for store credit. Now I have to decide...bid on this one, or grab a custom yymn slot?
http://hyenacart.com/kumfykozies/index.php?p=64384

Considerations: this one is a 3-12 month size, so may fit large at nb stage and again in fall/winter. Or I cold have a custom one made for nb/xs stage only or for B!
I like that but will it go with any of the longies you have for the baby? If not I would go for the custom slot.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:41 AM   #9
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Heidi.

I hope the day gets better for you all
Old 10-06-2010, 06:00 AM   #10
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Heidi!

Good point, Janine... I don't have any solid colored knit longies. I was hoping to pick up some interlock ones in black or brown...
I almost think it would be better to just get a slot, pick a nice yarn and some fun buttons, and have it made for B to wear this fall/winter. He is mostly wearing "regular" pants these days, and I think it would look handsome with some jeans or brown pants for the holidays... He only has two pair of knit longies and one pair of interlock pants that will work for this year. So this would be a chance to buy a woolly item for him.

I got the "goldfish" yarn and sent it to the knitter. I am still not sure what to have made, and for which kid. Choices are shorts, longies or overalls. Maybe some for both depending on sizes. Thoughts?

This morning went great, other than the fact that I have been up all morning!
Elli got up on her own and got ready. She even had to change her undies (too small) once and her stretch pants (also too small) once and did it without loosing it. I dangled the morning computer game carrot. I told her if she got all of the way through her morning routine, and there was time, she could play a computer game. She opted to watch tv with B for 5 minutes instead.
Avery is enjoying a half hour on the computer to play poptropica and check her facebook.

Last edited by stephcrouse; 10-06-2010 at 06:01 AM.
stephcrouse is offline   Reply With Quote