Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2010, 07:25 AM   #11
mommaof3

Formerly: Creatively Ewe~ DO NOT FSOT~ ADMIN

My Mood:
Re: Knitters--Hookers--Spinners--Dyers ♫ WIP ♫ 10/6/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieV View Post
Morning!

Please someone remind me if I ever agree to knit a hooded romper in anything over a 12 month size, I will hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have the attention span to work on something for more than 7 days and I've been knitting this and only this for the past 10 days. It's 18-24 mo and HUGE.
Sorry!!! Hugs!

VERY crummy, VERY late at night cell phone pics!

Advertisement

Cristi, Creatively Ewe - Stocking at Bitty Fluff and on my HC Creator of the Norway Romper, Belle Romper, Jack and Jill Sweaters!
mommaof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:28 AM   #12
JessieV
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah I definitely should have cast on another project to break up the knitting ADD I've got going on. Now I can't because I'm almost done with the hood, then the button band and I'll be done! It's cute so it's worth it but I don't think I'll do it again.

Crisit, all your stuff is adorable but the romper is the best! Did you modify the sizing on the Norway for a newborn?

My knit gallery My Ravelry

Last edited by JessieV; 10-06-2010 at 07:29 AM.
JessieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:38 AM   #13
mommaof3

My Mood:

Its actually a small, not a newborn, and I followed the pattern exactly, other than the leg/arm length, its custom for my customer, her baby has short legs. On the doll the crotch is folded in the pic a bit so you cant tell that its long torsoed on the doll.

I think they key is to pay very close attention to the gauge. I have another momma knitting a 2T and its 25 inches around. But, like yours its on Gaia bulky, hey, how much yarn did you have left over?

Cristi, Creatively Ewe - Stocking at Bitty Fluff and on my HC Creator of the Norway Romper, Belle Romper, Jack and Jill Sweaters!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:38 AM   #14
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok so I feel like a complete dumbbutt. I have tried over and over to start these Tunisian longies. I am getting nowhere, the first time I twisted the damn round, and now I missed a stitch somewhere. I am furiously trying to get the house clean too because my mom is coming to visit. And to top all that off, I have a 4mo who does not want to be put down. This week sucks...I am so stressed out I am not even looking forward to seeing my mom. Oh yes, and hubby came home last night and asked me the famous question "what they h$ll have you been doing all day?" Oh yes, he did...darn him. I need to work on something else I think. Like making a mei tai so I can get some work done. 3 kids at home sucks. Ok I'm done venting. Good morning ladies and Tim, hope every one's WIP's are going better than mine.
Fodie, mama to DD 9/15/04 DS#1 6/11/07 DS#2 7/7/08 DS#3 5/19/10 Due September 2014!
Nielsen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:54 AM   #15
zander's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning everyone. I was looking around DS this morning and found this:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=911227
Old 10-06-2010, 07:58 AM   #16
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

morning, everyone! It's another day at work for me. It's not my usual schedule and it's throwing EVERYTHING off. Sigh.

Knittingwise, I'm working on one of these:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...--garter-cardi

the yarn I'm using is horrendous and I hate the feel of it. LOL. it's cheap wool and will need a serious conditioner soak. But i wasn't sure how it would fit me as the pattern says it's 29" around at the bottom button and I'm a 38" bust. Hrmf. No wasting good yarn on something that might not fit and be gifted to the children. If I like it, I may do it again with something else.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:03 AM   #17
shel*bel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning!

I made progress on the MH DL longies but I didn't like how the leg was working up so I frogged it and started it over on different needles. They weren't working up horribly, but I want these particular longies to be perfect b/c the chances of me ever coming across DL on MH again are slim to none (never mind that DS3 will PL soon).

Oh and I got pics of the semi solid green I did the other day and I LOVE it! Pics don't quite capture the depth, but it was as close as I could get.

"Envy" on superwash

Old 10-06-2010, 08:04 AM   #18
JessieV
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof3 View Post
Its actually a small, not a newborn, and I followed the pattern exactly, other than the leg/arm length, its custom for my customer, her baby has short legs. On the doll the crotch is folded in the pic a bit so you cant tell that its long torsoed on the doll.

I think they key is to pay very close attention to the gauge. I have another momma knitting a 2T and its 25 inches around. But, like yours its on Gaia bulky, hey, how much yarn did you have left over?
I'll have to measure mine around, not sure what it is but it's not huge. I'm knitting the 3-6 month size and it's perfect for 18-24 mon with my gaia bulky gauge. I'm using size 9 needles and getting about 4.25 spi. I'm only half way through the hood but I think I'll end up having about an ounce left!

My knit gallery My Ravelry
JessieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:04 AM   #19
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zander's mama View Post
Morning everyone. I was looking around DS this morning and found this:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=911227
Holy wow. those look comfy!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:06 AM   #20
mommaof3

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieV View Post
I'll have to measure mine around, not sure what it is but it's not huge. I'm knitting the 3-6 month size and it's perfect for 18-24 mon with my gaia bulky gauge. I'm using size 9 needles and getting about 4.25 spi. I'm only half way through the hood but I think I'll end up having about an ounce left!
huh... odd, Ill have to look at mine a bit better in a sec and see what gauge I have and what it is around, I knit the 0-3 months size, I think spot on the gauge, just with NB inseams.