Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
lostiejen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Leg issue

I'm having a weird issue with my legs and it has gotten worse in the past week or two. It's not painful, not cramping or sciatica (although I have that from time to time, too). The only way I can describe it is that it feels like my legs need to be stretched. Like serious fresh-out-of-yoga-class stretched. It's SO annoying. It keeps me from falling asleep and then wakes me up when I finally do.

Has anyone else felt something like that? I've heard that taking a calcium supplement can help with cramps but since this isn't technically a cramp I'm not sure if that will do the trick.

Advertisement

lostiejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #2
tjmom2three
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Leg issue

I usually find eating more bananas helps. It's the potassium. I tried all the restless leg syndrome tricks when I felt that way.
tjmom2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:34 PM   #3
lostiejen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, restless leg. Duh. I never even thought about that! I will eat a banana and do some googling to see if there is anything else I can try. Thanks mama!
lostiejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:59 PM   #4
eaglewife126
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

YES! i always have that problem...not just in pregnancy though.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:53 AM   #5
Zenfermama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Tried and tested (and workes)by me. I have severe RLS with this pregnancy. It drives me crazy!!!
1. NO(absolutely NO caffeine.
2. Right before you lay down, do squats or stretches for a few mins.
3. ONLY lay down at night right when you are ready to sleep. Laying there and watching tv makes it way worse.
4. Old wives taleweirdly worked.lol) put a bar of soap under your sheet at the foot of your bed. It works though.
5. Tiger balm.Rub tiger balm on your calves right before bed.
6. wear socks.
7. make sure you are not iron deficient.
8.take magnesium
9. Do not get overtired, that makes it worse.

These tips help me, and now, if I do most of that stuff at bedtime, I do not suffer from it anymore.Oh and antihistimines flare up RLS.
Zenfermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:29 AM   #6
lil'mommakaye
Registered Users
seller

I take a calc, mag and zinc supp that seems to help a ton! I have also heard the bar of soap trick but i dont use it Propping a pillow under my knees seems to hlep too.
I noticed when i forget my vits. it gets worse and i also get leg cramps too allong with the RLS. I have also heard that a drink of tonic water is suppose to help w/ RLS. havnt tried thqat either though. GL!
I know how annoying that is!!

Krystal
Momma to 99, 07 & Stella Grace 10/28/10
~My Star In Heaven~
lil'mommakaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:35 AM   #7
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have RLS even when I'm not pregnant. It gets really bad when I am pregnant. I can't sit down at all without it driving me nuts. (One of the things I don't miss about being pregnant even though I love being pregnant. )

I second the things mentioned above. However, for me, none of them made a huge difference except not getting over-tired. I take a homeopathic remedy called "Restful Legs." It's homeopathic. So, I have no issue with taking it while I'm pregnant. It really helps. I've taken in during 2 twin pregnancies. Here is a link if you are interested. I know not everyone is willing to take stuff while pregnant, even homeopathic. So, if you aren't interested, that is fine. I'm just throwing it out there.

http://restfullegs.com/