Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-07-2007, 08:47 AM   #1
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
traveling with cds?

I know this has been covered about a zillion times, but heck, whats one more?

We are traveling next month by plane, which is a whole scary thing in and of itself. Celeste is 7.5 and HUGE and we have not flown with her since we went to disney when she was 3. I cant use disposables with her, they just dont work and I cant afford to buy them now (special needs sposies or overnights are waaaaay pricey) with our vacation coming up anyway.

So I want to know how you mamas that fly travel with cds? How many do you bring and do you carry them on or check them? What if they get lost? How/where do you wash them?

Advertisement

Old 03-07-2007, 08:51 AM   #2
Shyla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: traveling with cds?

I would take as many as needed and if you are really worried about them getting lost bring them as your carry-on. If there is a laundromat by where you are going just wash them there (Id check the machines first(Ive seen films in those machines ) mabey even do a load of my clothes in the machine just to make sure) Or if you know someone ask if you can wash there. Or just clean them when you get home depending on how long you will be gone
ISO GMS & Wool:
Shyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:52 AM   #3
mmskids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I brought enough in the diaper bag for a full day and packed the rest in the suitcase. Never really thought about what if they got lost but they didn't.

I called ahead and found out they had a washer/dryer there however I also have camped and just did a google search for closest laundrymat for washing.

I packed all dirty diapers in wetbag inside one suitcase and checked it. I didn't have any dirty one (thankfully) when we were coming back in my diaperbag. (Though I think I only had 1/2 days worth of dirty ones)..

I brought enough for 3 days worth since I knew we were going for a week and I didn't want to spend each night washing them.
mmskids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:44 AM   #4
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks for the advise everyone!

The last time when we flew, someone stole our walkman and speakers from our luggage so now I am super paranoid about people stealing stuff out of our bags!!! We needed it for our daughter to fall asleep, she was used to music playing.

Anyway, I called ahead to both hotels (we will be gone 8 days including travel days) and they have washers/dryers so we should be good there. So maybe I should bring a few days worth only and just wash more often?

What did you do about laundry soap/tto? pack it or just buy when you get to your destination?
Old 03-07-2007, 12:36 PM   #5
triscuitsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I travelled for 8 days and took enough diapers for four days. I washed every third day. I used the washers and dryers in the building and had good luck... I was going to bring my own supplies but forgot so had to buy them there.

Good luck and have fun!!!
Old 03-07-2007, 02:35 PM   #6
threeladaandnolasses
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When we travel, i always just take prefolds and covers. They take up less space and are easy to wash up. I always buy my supplies when I get to my destination as the airlines are so funny now a days!!
threeladaandnolasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:44 PM   #7
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I brought enough in the diaper bag for a full day and packed the rest in the suitcase. Never really thought about what if they got lost but they didn't.

For airplane changes, I would pull out one diaper, one wipe, a sposie changing pad (Babies R Us) and the wetbag and bring just that into the bathroom (there's a dropdown changing table above the toilet). Travelling lightly into the potty was important. Changing Celeste must be interesting--hoping your trip is short enough to not have to change her mid-flight. Those stalls are SO not handicapped friendly!

I brought enough diapers/wipes for 3 days because I didn't want to spend my whole trip doing laundry. I brought one of my zippered hanging wetbags to store them on the back of the bathroom door till laundry day.

I put some Allen's in a travel shampoo bottle from Target and brought Dixie Drops to make solution once I arrived (used the hot water from the continental breakfast room). I didn't bother to bring my EOs or anything.

While the dipes took up a lot of room in the suitcase, it didn't inconvenience us at all. I found it problem-free.