Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-07-2007, 11:37 AM   #11
honeybunmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: All this talk of all cloth-cloth nursing pad ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterNkarter View Post
I have two to recommend.

First wool pads by Luxe Baby

Second pads by Lilly Padz

Wool is natural and easy to care for plus the antibacterial properties...gotta love it.

The silicone pads are great especially if you are wearing a top that you can see all lines through
I just received the cashmere ones I bought from Luxe for a friend who's expecting. The pkg says for light to medium let down, or something like that. So, cashmere at least, is not for super soakin' mamas!

Advertisement

Old 03-07-2007, 11:39 AM   #12
jenncatsmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wool is super easy to care for, and only needs to be done about every few weeks......

WASHING: Fill Basin with Lukewarm water. Wet wool item, add wool wash (liquid or bar...baby shampoo works too), creating suds. Swish the woolen and allow the lanolin to reach all the pores of the wool. Soak for 15 minutes. Drain basin. Gently squeeze (do NOT twist) and air dry.

LANOLIZING: (Only needed every 3-4 washings, if you are using a lanolin rich wool wash) In a small jar add a pea size amount of lanolin (solid or liquid...Lansinoh even works) to HOT water with a drop of baby shampoo or liquid wool wash. Shake to mix thoroughly. Add mixture to sink basin filled with lukewarm water and dampened wool. Swish and allow to soak for 20 minutes. Drain basin. Gently squeeze (do NOT twist) and air dry.

And, I've got a bunch in stock.....if you're interested, see HERE.
5% off at My HyenaCart with code: DS Momma
jenncatsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:58 AM   #13
marcia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have the lily pads too. i like them! i also use mine at night cause i hate sleeping in a bra. lil miss sleeps between 8-12 hours and i soak thru the disposables. lily pads don't get anything anywhere. just have to be careful when taking it off sometimes cause it will literally hold the milk in. when you take it off, the milk will drip off the pad. but that isn't too often and when i was REALLY engored.
marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:05 PM   #14
ceilismom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2MaggieSue View Post
I've looked at the silicone pads a couple times. I've just never known anyone whose tried them. I can't use lanolin so I'm nervous to try and use wool, and I leak through everything else. Do they work well if you have a stronger letdown?
Please somebody correct me if I am wrong here, but if you can't use lanolin, (allegry?) then I would think that wool pads wouldn't work for you. If that's the case, I'd look for something with a microfiber interior (don't want that touching your skin, but if your letdown is that heavy...) to soak up a lot.
ceilismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:14 PM   #15
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, that makes sense, PP.
OP--I use 6-layer hemp jersey pads daily and, after prepping them, they've only been full enough to leave a wet mark once (when I went WAY too long w/o pumping/BFing.) Another option is to have some PUL backed so they CAN'T leak. I like that the hemp is thin enough that they don't show lines...
Old 03-07-2007, 01:15 PM   #16
alysia101
Registered Users
seller

How does the wool look under form fitting clothing? I have never found a cloth nursing pad that didn't look ridiculous under my clothes. I LOVE my bravado ones for at home and night but they are pretty bulky. They are great for a heavy let down.

I have looked into the Lily Padz but I am pretty prone to thrush and I worry about something that doesn't breath. I might try them just for outing though.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:30 PM   #17
ophelia2002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysia101 View Post
How does the wool look under form fitting clothing?
Honestly, I can never see them under my clothing. but I don't wear a lot of form fitting stuff, thanks to my huge ta-tas.