Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2010, 01:35 PM   #1
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Pediatric GI issures...( 5 year old)

So, DD, has always suffered from constipation. since birth. her urologist even says thats why she bed wets. anyways, she has always said, my belly hurts. but we brush it off as a kids thing. the other day i picjed her up from school and saw pain, took her to the park she wouldnt play. she screamed in pain, like in labor, and went to sleep at 5:30 pm. fast foward to friday, didnt sent her to school, took her to her pedi, no fever nothing. but she owuld get horrible pains in her belly. regular bowel movements so i know she isnt constipated.
saturday comes, wakes up fine, plays. by 3pm, she is doubled over again in pain, and falls asleep. wakes up screaming i take her to the er. blood work normal, xray normal, urine test normal, strep test neg. so here we are monday, everyday, she wakes up fine, by mid day she is in really bad pain, wont play, eat, nothing. even tried to persuade her with acookie, playdate, ect, she really is in pain and i see it, i know she isnt faking it. tomarrow we are heading to a pediatric gi, at a big Medical Center in NY. anyone have had this, any ideas what it could be???

Advertisement

Old 10-11-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Pediatric GI issures...( 5 year old)

It is possible to have regular bowel movements and still be constipated. Have you tried taking anything out of her diet? Dairy and wheat are the two things that come to my mind first as likely culprits.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
JoelleB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Since she's been constipated for a long time then have you tried laxatives or stool softeners? I have a son who has encopresis and he poops most of the time but there are times when he gets backed up so bad that he's afraid to go and by the time he actually does go, it's mostly too late.. He loses feeling in his rectum and doesn't know when the poop is actually there! And i know it gives him horrible belly aches..
Old 10-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeh we tried the laxative, miralax ect. she was actaully doing that to see if it could help with the bed wetting too. but, it hurt her belly alot. at the er the other night, it showed that she wasnt constipated at all...she just went again, and it doesnt eliviate the pain. she says the pain is always there and sometimes it just gets REALLY bad